FoxFooty....Lift your game | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

FoxFooty....Lift your game

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
I have been fortunate enough most seasons to see most of the games live. The few times I've had to watch on tv (interstate games), I've had the misfortune to have to watch on foxfooty. The game tonight was frustrating enough to watch without having to put up with the 3 stooges that the station passes off as commentators.
I have no problem when they point out mistakes made etc, that's their job. I do have a problem when they carry on about incidents that happened in the previous quarter or even 2 quarters ago, while gloosing over freo mistakes and inadequacies!
Example 1. In the first quarter, in the middle, Richo went after the guy with the ball, leaving parker by himself. When parker received the handball, Richo made what could be seen as a halfhearted attempt to chase parker. The commentators went on about this for a quarter and a half!! Never mind that parker was 20-30 metres away when he got the handball!
Example 2. They went on about Richo having kicked 2.3 (admittedly a couple of easy shots missed) for most of the game, pointed out that Deledio had kicked 1.3. Only mentioned ONCE that medhurst had kicked 0.3, and that was AFTER he kicked one out on the full. And ignoring the fact headland also kicked 1.3.
They kept going on about Richmond missing shots, neglecting the fact that freo kicked as many behinds, and at that stage were only 2 goals ahead.
As I said, I don't mind them pointing mistakes and efforts out, but stop harping on about 1 team in particular while ignoring the fact the other team was just as bad!
I know peter wilson is from wa, I don't think he's forgiven Richmond for drafting him.I'm not sure whether tim goosage is from wa, but from the game it sounded like he was. matthew campbell, well he's just poor whichever game he covers!
The highlight in the commentating for me was near the end when one of them said that for the first time in freo's history, they will have won 5 on the trot, and when they play the weagles they'll be going for 6 wins in a row, which they've never done before! Hello, I would have thought that was obvious if this is the first time they've won 5 in row!!!!!!!
I lost track of the number of times they went on about incidents that happened off the ball, behind the play, only for the cameras to zoom in on the bench or players getting rubbed down. The amount of times you lost track of play because the cameras stayed on the player who just kicked the ball for 5 seconds too long was staggering!! Would have been better off listening to the radio. I would have SEEN just as much!
That's off my chest now :). Anybody else feel the same way or am I venting my frustrations out in the wrong direction :)

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Apologies for raising this old thread but I couldn't find the generic foxfooty one and this message isn't worth it's own.

Vs Collingwood 2016 RD2 is on Fox ATM. What's obvious is we were trying the forward chaos but didn't have the IQ across the ground. Bloody frustrating to watch. It really is a team game. We were working extraordinarily hard but let down by one weak effort or poor choice. The understanding we have now across the team really is a thing to celebrate.

Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Apologies for raising this old thread but I couldn't find the generic foxfooty one and this message isn't worth it's own.

Vs Collingwood 2016 RD2 is on Fox ATM. What's obvious is we were trying the forward chaos but didn't have the IQ across the ground. Bloody frustrating to watch. It really is a team game. We were working extraordinarily hard but let down by one weak effort or poor choice. The understanding we have now across the team really is a thing to celebrate.

Was never going to work with Corey Ellis, Miles, Vickery, slow as treacle, the only CHAOS going on was when the ball went near Taylor Hunt ;)

Last edited:

Jetboy

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2010
Melbourne.....sometimes Broome
A good thread to re boot.....
Correct me if I’m wrong anyone, but im pretty sure that after we won in 2017, fox footy couldn’t get enough of Tiger time....Tigerthon, reruns of the best Tiger moments, replays of Open Mike, 360, etc...(all heavily Tiger weighted) were all predominant over the off season..

This year, we are smashed with so called best games of various years, none of which feature Richmond, reruns of the fox footy shows that don’t feature Richmond etc etc........

I’m all ok with having other teams featured, I’m all for fair.....but this is ridiculous, Fox Footy.....Lift your game!!!!

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
We need our Tiger Athon.. Wasn’t the 2017 one over the Christmas holidays?

Maybe we need to create an online petition?

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
I saw the thread up the top and opened it. WOW!!! Didn't realise I started this thread over 14 years ago . Monumental bump. I feel honoured :))
A shame to see some things stay the same, although a couple of things have changed in that time :) ( :cupgold :cupgold)
Anyone know if this is a record time frame for a bump?

Last edited:
  • Haha

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008

Yep the Tigerthon was a pearler - seemed to be on a continuous loop there at times.
I expected it again this time but their offerings have been pretty much shyte

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
I saw the thread up the top and opened it. WOW!!! Didn't realise I started this thread over 14 years ago . Monumental bump. I feel honoured :))
A shame to see some things stay the same, although a couple of things have changed in that time :) ( :cupgold :cupgold)
Anyone know if this is a record time frame for a bump?
You’re welcome! Not sure about records but when I searched for “foxfooty” yours was near the top and had some weak link to what I wanted to post. Not sure what was going on with the search engine.

Reactions: 1 user

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Was never going to work with Corey Ellis, Miles, Vickery, slow as treacle, the only CHAOS going on was when the ball went near Taylor Hunt ;)
Griffiths didn’t do much either. Hampson showed a few glimpses!

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Fox, seven, whatever. Grimes or rance stage or dive and its hanging judges. Danger dives and its crickets, nothing, zero. They can get stuffed. Pricks. *smile* me right off

Reactions: 3 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015

They did actually show all our games back to back or thereabouts a couple of weeks after the GF...
Didn't advertise it as per the tigerthon and didn't call it that. Can't actually remember what the named it.
I IQ every Richmond match at the start of the season then delete the losing ones.

Been rewatching them of late and some of our ball use is at times throughout the year, exhilarating...... something them numbsculls commentating don't really give us much credit for.
Whereas other teams apparently have skill and finesse. .... we only have chaos!

It's amazing how much stuff you miss and then pickup going on in the background. .... my recent favourite is Shane Edwards' hit on Selwood in the prelim. ... it's a cracker!

Reactions: 2 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
I tried at one stage today and they were replaying the bloody Draft ..... again.
How many times is that now?
Pathetic Foxtel

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
At least with Foxtel we get every game live, not like channel 7 who only show the odd game here and there laced with ads.

Not too bad to watch some of those old games, Tigers or not. A footy fix until 2020 begins.

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
They did actually show all our games back to back or thereabouts a couple of weeks after the GF...
Didn't advertise it as per the tigerthon and didn't call it that. Can't actually remember what the named it.
I IQ every Richmond match at the start of the season then delete the losing ones.

Been rewatching them of late and some of our ball use is at times throughout the year, exhilarating...... something them numbsculls commentating don't really give us much credit for.
Whereas other teams apparently have skill and finesse. .... we only have chaos!

It's amazing how much stuff you miss and then pickup going on in the background. .... my recent favourite is Shane Edwards' hit on Selwood in the prelim. ... it's a cracker!

It is a joy to re-watch the old games form this season. Agree we can look a zillion $ when it all clicks. Must be wonderful to be playing with a group so well connected and full of trust that someone will be there.

Reactions: 1 user