Free Agency 2021 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Free Agency 2021

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The line of haters goes around the G twice.
Johnson is just jealous they couldn't beat Adelaide when it counted.
Montanga and the Footscary dud Murphy can't believe how easy we make winning flags look.
Just Imagine Brad Johnson ............................ the hate would be even greater thats if he could actually hate the RFC anymore than he already does!!!

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Just Imagine Brad Johnson ............................ the hate would be even greater thats if he could actually hate the RFC anymore than he already does!!!
Who's was the dud, that kept on changing his 'pin' for the flag alongside Montanga and King.
King had everything on Brisbane and Montanga everything on Geelong.
The only smart one was the lady that had us, even when we were in 2nd gear.
I heard Murphy and The Carlton Dud on Sen reckon Brisbane will go close.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
If we grab another very high profile genuine star of the game on Free Agency, I have no doubt the AFL will either change the rules to prevent the top few teams from FA trades, or slap some stupid punishment just on us, like they did to Sydney when Buddy went there.
Agreed but especially so if the RFC is the club that does it.

Fair play if its Geesook or the Aints or the Skunks.

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
If we grab another very high profile genuine star of the game on Free Agency, I have no doubt the AFL will either change the rules to prevent the top few teams from FA trades, or slap some stupid punishment just on us, like they did to Sydney when Buddy went there.
They won’t or can’t do that or it becomes sort of “free agency” how’s it free if you can leave but only to some of the clubs, free means a free passage . What may well come into play is the receiving club actually paying the campo , so if he’s a r1 , you throw in a r1 rather than the rest of the comp being wedgied

Brooklyn Tiger

Tiger Matchwinner
Nov 23, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
None of these big 4 or 5 players are leaving.....clubs will pay overs to keep them, in case of Kelly he takes a pay cut to leave meaning he is no chance. Gws just match a lower offer. Perfect result for them really.

Tigers should concentrate on signing up our own.....vlas, Bolton and Grimes. Get it done,

Reactions: 6 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
None of these big 4 or 5 players are leaving.....clubs will pay overs to keep them, in case of Kelly he takes a pay cut to leave meaning he is no chance. Gws just match a lower offer. Perfect result for them really.

Tigers should concentrate on signing up our own.....vlas, Bolton and Grimes. Get it done,
If Houli and Jack retire at the end of this season, we lose two premiership stalwarts but recover TPP by maybe $1.3mill.
First priority to keep Balta, Bolton, Grimes and NV but adding Bont to Dusty would likely give us the two best mid/ forwards in the game for the next 4-5 years.
Would make other players want to stay.

Brooklyn Tiger

Tiger Matchwinner
Nov 23, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Bont is going to cost you $1m a year in free agency. Merrett, Kelly, Cripps are likely $850k or more. I'm not sure paying overs for for free agents while paying unders for our own is the best way to keep everyone happy. It has worked for lynch but i do think at some point our own players say - "where is mine". It's also harder paying overs for free agents when we are asking team to take a 5% cut across the board for covid.

I'd love to be wrong but i just don't think we will be major players in the free agent market this yr. Plus we are talking about arguable the best players at their respective clubs. rarely do these guys leave in their prime.

Reactions: 4 users