Free Agency 2021 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Free Agency 2021

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
He looked spent near of last season.
My only worry is Carltoon have ran him into the ground.
My thoughts as well. Crippa's a premium beast mid fielder, but he's had the *smile* bashed out of him trying to carry Carlscum these last three or four years. Reckon he's a 25 year old in a pensioners body. Would cost a *smile* load of shekels n I'd be prayin every week that he got through the game in one piece.
One other big fault with the Crippa, no scoreboard hurt factor. He's a shocking kick for goal.

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Cripps is a great player and would be a good replacement for Cotchin when he retires. But you really have to wonder how durable he would be after years of single-handedly being the whole Carlton centreline.

DS

Timmy99

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 7, 2006
Canberra
Cripps is a great player and would be a good replacement for Cotchin when he retires. But you really have to wonder how durable he would be after years of single-handedly being the whole Carlton centreline.

DS
Agree. I’d probably take Bont over Cripps for that reason. Bont is also more versatile and has the inside/outside mix the Tigers favour.

having said that, Cripps is a super strong competitive beast. Love him.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Not sure Cripps is a good fit for us. He’s a contested ball beast but we need strong two-way running from our mids and that is definitely a strength of his. Josh Kelly on the other hand would fit in very nicely.

Reactions: 1 user

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
Not sure Cripps is a good fit for us. He’s a contested ball beast but we need strong two-way running from our mids and that is definitely a strength of his. Josh Kelly on the other hand would fit in very nicely.

I reckon Kelly would be a gun if he played for us.

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
FWIW, someone on Bigfooty posted a rumour we have been planting seeds the last couple years to get the Bont for 2022.

Could be nothing in it but exactly what we need IMO

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
FWIW, someone on Bigfooty posted a rumour we have been planting seeds the last couple years to get the Bont for 2022.

Could be nothing in it but exactly what we need IMO

Wow that would be immense. If we managed to get 1 of Bont, Kelly or Merrett I'd be stoked.

On the other side (our current players), I can't see many leaving for pastures new. Grimes is probably the one that teams would go after but he seems like a very loyal bloke. I was probably a bit more concerned that he may retire being as his life after footy is all set up for him, but I'm stoked to read in the AFL site article that he's close to signing an extension. Puts those concerns to bed.

Vlastuin is the other one that teams would come hard at. Geelong was probably the one I was expecting to come hard at him.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Wow that would be immense. If we managed to get 1 of Bont, Kelly or Merrett I'd be stoked.

On the other side (our current players), I can't see many leaving for pastures new. Grimes is probably the one that teams would go after but he seems like a very loyal bloke. I was probably a bit more concerned that he may retire being as his life after footy is all set up for him, but I'm stoked to read in the AFL site article that he's close to signing an extension. Puts those concerns to bed.

Vlastuin is the other one that teams would come hard at. Geelong was probably the one I was expecting to come hard at him.
All makes sense about Big V, Posh. And we know that he's building or renovating down that way on the surf coast. But could he bring himself to leave the Tigers to play for a mob whose supporter(s) tried to burn his house down?

Nah. Captain after Cotch.

Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Grimes is the King of our defence he aint going anywhere neither is Tigga.

Balta was the one I was concerned for for a small part but he's locked in as a Tiger now going forward.

Hearing that Fat Head Ed and his Maggots were chipping him was nauseating and anxiety enducing.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Grimes is the King of our defence he aint going anywhere neither is Tigga.

Balta was the one I was concerned for for a small part but he's locked in as a Tiger now going forward.

Hearing that Fat Head Ed and his Maggots were chipping him was nauseating and anxiety enducing.

Balta won't go anywhere.
We aren't Collingwood.
I cant see any of our fringe player's asking to leave let alone any of our best 22.
Baker might want to go home, but Lake Grace is 3 hours away from Perth.
Castagna might get a huge offer when Duddy retires and Sydney have cap space.
There's more chance the club telling players to look else Where

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004

We are into these three no doubt. I’d have Bont at 50-1 to move. The other two 4.50’s.

Not worried about Grimes and Nicky V. Morals to stay.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Dangerflog went pretty hard at him with his forearm in the Gf
And has not even picked up the phone since to at least see how Vlastuin was after it. This is fact.
Just shows the type of bloke he is.

• Sad

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Has anybody else noticed that Cam Guthries play on Dustin Martins?

Only one side has a Dustin Martin. Nobody has two and seventeen sides have none.

Many Cam Guthries win many games.

Two way players. Risk takers. Line breakers. Values. Consistent ball winners. Chasers. Coachable.

Tomahawk is a champion. Clangerfield is an all-time great who appears to be uncoachable. Selwood would not get a game at Richmond (and that's kind.)

Guthrie is very good.

Four Cam Guthries at Richmond? They walk into the 18.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users