Friday night lights at the G , game day v the Saints | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Friday night lights at the G , game day v the Saints

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I think you are looking for morsels of positivity but I don’t think we have looked like it so far this year. I just cannot see it.
Just going by how disastrous we were. Simply no effort at all. If we played more competitive and lost then I'd be more upset. Really bizarre spectacle tonight compared to just 2 and 3 weeks ago in Perth.

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Will we persist with this new game style or go back to who we are? With the rule changes, injuries, key players getting older and Rioli and George not looking like their old selfs - the chaos game wasn't working. But I don't have much faith in this going tall chip kick crap out of nowhere.
Its never going go work.
We are playing into the opps teams hands every time.
The chip pass game I mean.
You can't defend line breaking run.
It leaves teams zones in tatters.

Pandaboy

Tiger Superstar
Mar 27, 2009
Worst thing about tonight is stkilda are a pissweak side. Im still incredulous about that performance. lowest score in agazzillion years against a rabble. That makes us a basketcase right now.

Reactions: 1 user

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
To be honest, we've been papering the cracks with unconvincing wins against the Hawks, Crows and Dons.

We haven't played anywhere near our best and the veterans are gone.

Some honest discussions with a few players at seasons end.

Reactions: 8 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
So thats the reason even when your guys are in the clear ya miss easy targets is it??
Tonight was no ordinary loss, we were trying to play an unfamiliar style and it fell over spectacularly.

Maybe age catches up with us anyway, but we have died an unnatural death. It ain’t right.

• Angry
Reactions: 2 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
To many on here we're thinking it was just going to click when the injuries come back simple thinking previous years it happened etc , the signs we're there when we had no injuries we weren't right.Been saying it massive drop in skills and lapses been a major issue this year.As a whole the footy department on the field and in coaches box haven't handled it great this year for me

wayne

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2007
Traralgon
Whose idea is this *smile* gameplan? Get thumped but have 8 of the 10 highest disposal winners.

Leppa left saying he needed a break, but is doing special comments and hasn't said no to other teams now courting him. Anything in that?

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
Started with selecting the young bloke.
Wasn't ready.
Looked like a fish out of water.
Writing was on the wall when saints said they were having a review.
No way they lose when the pressure is off and they are responding to a bake.
Everyone wants to knock off the premiers no matter where they are on the ladder and we have failed to match the oppo. intensity in most games this year.

Reactions: 1 users

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
houli Cotchin edwards astbury and maybe reiwold/grimes all cooked but coaches just can’t see it yet. Serious decisions need to be made.

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
Just going by how disastrous we were. Simply no effort at all. If we played more competitive and lost then I'd be more upset. Really bizarre spectacle tonight.
Nah it was skill level and game plan. We are lost. Our boys are not a highly skilled team and going back to 2016 GP because if rule changes has stuffed everyone’s head. We are gone, even Dusty looks like a chump these last few weeks.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Just going by how disastrous we were. Simply no effort at all. If we played more competitive and lost then I'd be more upset. Really bizarre spectacle tonight compared to just 2 and 3 weeks ago in Perth.

it was bizarre.

when they ran out, cotchy looked like he was going to burst into tears.

$hai looked entirely disinterested.

other than vlastuin, noone could kick or catch.

Way beyond 'one of those nights'

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Yep, been going through the motions all season.
We haven't put a 4 qtr full game together all year.
The signs have been there.
Adelaide last qtr
Essendon 4 goals in a row
The last 12 minutes against Wc.
And tonight