Friday night lights at the G , game day v the Saints | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Friday night lights at the G , game day v the Saints

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Another game lost at the selection table. The MC has to be hard and ignore reputations otherwise we wont even make the eight
Without Noah and Nathan we might not make the 8.

Might be time to use the year to blood the kids.

Reactions: 1 user

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Backline 7. Grimes, Vlaustin, Short, Baker, Astbury, Mansell & Stack.
Forward 7: Lynch, Riewoldt, Aarts, Parker, Edwards, Rioli & ?
Mids 8: Nank, CCJ, Martin, Prestia, Lambert, Bolton, Pickett & RCD

Gone (never play again): Houli, Castagna, Caddy

Dropped: Cotchin, Chol, Ryan

Injured: Balta, Broad

Sub: Graham

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
The new game plan they are trying to implement as result of the ridiculous rule changes has changed the team from a band of marauding Vikings into a bunch of incompetent circus performers.

And I’m not even sure that I want to see the Tiges execute the new plan effectively anyway.

If I wrote down what I would like to do to Hocking I would be charged.

Reactions: 5 users

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
I blame Short.
Not once but twice he took the ball off 2 teammates who both in range to kick important early gowjs
Not sure that would have made the difference in the end, but yeah if you’re going to take them you have to nail at least one of them.

I was more annoyed at Dusty not taking the set shot.

Reactions: 1 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
But I couldn’t work out what this new style is tbh - and it’s really hard to see on the tv.

We looked like we were lair-rising a bit in the first 10 minutes and it didn’t work - and we just couldn’t get back to our fast pressure game - to reach the pinnacle is virtually impossible, to do it 3 times in 4 years takes a lot of petrol tickets and right now we don’t have any more to spend.

We we’re out played, out coached, out selected, out pressured, out tackled, out marked, out run……….and we will be out of the 8 come the end of the round.
Yeah it is. I don't watch the game for tactics and it's impossible to see properly on the TV anyway. But at a guess I reckon Hardwick might've thought he wouldn't have a team left for the finals after watching us collapse last game and tried something that involved picking our way through without the run and spread. We didn't set teammates free with handball because they weren't in position to take advantage.

We're a small side physically and any opposition will cause us problems if they can lay enough effective tackles. But it wasn't just that, we had to hack the ball forward because we constantly found ourselves at dead ends.

nafe brown

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 22, 2014
One of the worst games i have been to in my 26 years of following this club.....i can't complain as the last 4 year's has been amazing so it softens the blow ......

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Has Broad ever played a worse game? Dropping every mark. Putrid efforts tonight.
And when the ball unexpectedly comes over the pack and lands in his lap he is never ready for it, and fumbles what should be an uncontested mark for a turnover usually. For a player of his age, experience, 3 x Flag player, why is this happening over and over. Surely you anticipate the ball may come to you, watch it and are prepared to take the mark.

Looked very average player tonight, got spooked and punched balls that should have been simple marks.

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Horrid night at the G tonight, miserably cold miserable football and a fairly miserable crowd. There were a number of vocal ferals in my area who quickly turned on our players from the 2nd quarter onwards, and i found their vitriol quite embarassing.

We were pulverised in the ruck, Marshall is a gun, would love to have him at tigerland. Combined with Ryder, they proved to be far too experienced for Mabs/CCJ combo. In fact all of our key position players were completely outclassed bar Grimey who was solid. It was a tough night to mark a cold and slippery football.

The whole side looked out of sorts and lack instinct, and we've lost our spark. Shai Bolton was rubbish tonight, Cotch and Lambert aren't having an impact, and our whole midfield is looking tired. We we're caught out a number of times on the rebound after a turnover with players. I'd be keen for Dow to get another run to see what he's got.

I still think we'll bounce back next week but i'm losing a bit of faith for this season. I went into this game feeling extremely confident of a win tonight and now i'm left bewildered at how bog average we seemed. Perhaps the players thinking ahead to the hot shower after the game moreso than concentrating on the game itself? We should still make finals and be a threat, but maybe this isn't our year.

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Chol hasn't got the heart and desire to play the game.
About 4 minutes in the game he puts in a half assed effort to stop a Stkilda player and then takes 3 steps to chase him and then he breaks into a walk.
The final straw was in the 3 qtr we are busting a nut to go forward.
We are on the wing looking to go inside 50 and whos walking through the centre square like he is on a sundey Afternoon picnic?
Mr Chol.
I can put up with unskilled but not lazy

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Lambert Edwards and Prestia all looked under done.
Hardwick mentioned training was flat this week.
How about picking the players that arent flat