Front Bar

caesar

Tiger Champion
Feb 9, 2015
Close to the best episode yet on The Front Bar tonight, may have played for Essendon but Longy a legend.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Meet Long last year in Canberra for a charity event.
Very down to earth and easy to chat too.
Top bloke.

lukeanddad

Tiger Champion
Nov 17, 2008
Loved Santo Cilauro’s plea for supporting the umpires, urging fans to use #whitemaggots .

willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Broken Hill
caesar said:
Close to the best episode yet on The Front Bar tonight, may have played for Essendon but Longy a legend.
Agreed Claudius
Great player, role model and spokesman activist advocate for Indigenous people, but also promotes a unified society. Puts words into deeds.
You can see how respected he is by the panel members, even after they take the **** a bit. Long not short of a bit of banter himself.

craig said:
Funny bloke is Michael Long
Great sense of humour, even had a chuckle at a couple of his own from the bloopers reel. :D

shad

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2010
Great episode last week. One of my all time favs, Chris Lewis, was on. Came across as a great bloke. Also Mick's Multi got up so it should be a good laugh next week.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
shad said:
Great episode last week. One of my all time favs, Chris Lewis, was on. Came across as a great bloke. Also Mick's Multi got up so it should be a good laugh next week.
Seriously? All 4 legs? Don't reckon he's ever got more than one leg before. Might have jagged 2 legs maybe.

I recall that it was paying $45 but can't recall all 4 legs. I think Essendon to win and Liverpool to win were 2 of them.

That will be funny to watch this week.

And agree Chris Lewis was very good; seems like a top bloke. Great sense of humour.

shad

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2010
Those 2 plus some horse to place. The best one was Warner to win man of the match in the first world cup match.

amc11

Tiger Cub
Dec 7, 2018
shad said:
Mine too, great player and very much a victim of the racism of the time which I believe had a massive impact on his career. I loved seeing him looking so relaxed on the Front Bar although it's a pity they didn't follow up with any questions when Louie mentioned he's also involved with player management. The company is Inside 50 Player Management with former teammates Paul Peos and Chris Waterman.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
melbourne
Chris Lewis was a great player no doubt and probably the only player to play AFL thats probably kicked more goals from inside the goal square than Josh Jenkins

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
amc11 said:
Mine too, great player and very much a victim of the racism of the time which I believe had a massive impact on his career. I loved seeing him looking so relaxed on the Front Bar although it's a pity they didn't follow up with any questions when Louie mentioned he's also involved with player management. The company is Inside 50 Player Management with former teammates Paul Peos and Chris Waterman.
Isn't Peos managing young Stacka?

Lewis copped a fair spray off the Loin Chop many years ago, only took the Loin Chop about twenty years to get around to apologising.
There was an indigenous player or two at Smelbourne at the time, it wasn't Farmer, so I think it might have been Sean Charles n Lewis pointed at the Loin Chops team mate n said something in regard to what about your mate over there do you give it to him as well. Loin Chop seemed to believe it was all fine to abuse an indigenous opponent n his indigenous team mate wouldn't notice.

amc11

Tiger Cub
Dec 7, 2018
TigerMasochist said:
Isn't Peos managing young Stacka?
Yes, I think he even helped him out with accommodation for a bit.

TigerMasochist said:
Lewis copped a fair spray off the Loin Chop many years ago, only took the Loin Chop about twenty years to get around to apologising.
There was an indigenous player or two at Smelbourne at the time, it wasn't Farmer, so I think it might have been Sean Charles n Lewis pointed at the Loin Chops team mate n said something in regard to what about your mate over there do you give it to him as well. Loin Chop seemed to believe it was all fine to abuse an indigenous opponent n his indigenous team mate wouldn't notice.
Unfortunately that was fairly common for Lewis to have to cop and although there have been a few public apologies over the years, I'm not sure they all managed a more private apology as well. I remember the outrage from the Victorian media when Greg Williams was reported for racist language towards Lewis during a game in Perth.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
amc11 said:
Unfortunately that was fairly common for Lewis to have to cop and although there have been a few public apologies over the years, I'm not sure they all managed a more private apology as well. I remember the outrage from the Victorian media when Greg Williams was reported for racist language towards Lewis during a game in Perth.
Everyone believed Diesel was indigenous, but he claims he's got Spanish heritage, big surprise to everyone that he turned the verbal on a cuz.

shad

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2010
TigerMasochist said:
Everyone believed Diesel was indigenous, but he claims he's got Spanish heritage,
That's funny. My family use the same story. Something involving survivors from the Spanish Armada swimming to shore and settling in Cornwell. I asked my uncle about it a few years ago and it didn't go down very well. Old school.

percyms

Tiger Superstar
Feb 24, 2008
Loved the front bar episode with Michael O'loughlin. He is so very funny and a natural in front of the camera. Cud easily have done media. Great stories and very pleasant to listen to....

Reactions: 1 users