Front Bar | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Front Bar

MD Jazz

Tiger Champion
Feb 3, 2017
That was the first test of Waugh's last series and there was plenty of pressure on his place in the side. I understand the stump mics were interesting listening while that was happening as were the discussions in the rooms later. He cooked Martyn to save himself, no question.

Waugh fits firmly in the good player, **** bloke category according to Shane Warne and that's plenty good enough for me. Warne has forgotten more about cricket than Waugh ever knew I reckon.
He didn't cook Martyn, there was an easy 3 there. Waugh had his head down and was charging through. Martyn could have jogged the 3rd.

Warne, the definition of bogan with $$, as a character judge - terrific.

Waugh is widely acknowledged as the most successful captain in test history, surely a *smile* truck of a bloke wouldn't have such a great record?

AOTY because of his philanthropic work.

Runs a foundation helping kids with disease.

But TBR reckons he's a *smile* bloke? No doubt he didn't let you in the rooms at some stage.

Reactions: 1 users

The Big Richo

Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
But TBR reckons he's a **** bloke? No doubt he didn't let you in the rooms at some stage.
Must be the off-season when we are debating the merits of a cricketer's personality who has been retired for 15 years.

I suspect we are both forming opinions from afar which is a tricky exercise. One thing I have experienced though is quite a few people who have known him aren't big fans.

Time to agree to disagree I think.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
It’s been well documented why Warne doesn’t like Waugh. Because he dropped him from the test side v Windies in 1999 which is a pretty sooky reason to keep holding a grudge.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
It’s been well documented why Warne doesn’t like Waugh. Because he dropped him from the test side v Windies in 1999 which is a pretty sooky reason to keep holding a grudge.
It was funny on that jungle show when he told the story and how much of an idiot Waugh was from dropping him and then one of the other guys asked how the team went and he said, "yeah they won"

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
It was funny on that jungle show when he told the story and how much of an idiot Waugh was from dropping him and then one of the other guys asked how the team went and he said, "yeah they won"
Reckon we might have had a fairly handy alternative spinner in Magilla playing at the time from vague memory. Warney's form was crap, shoulder issues? n he might not even have been missed at the time.

Reactions: 1 user