Fully renovated house in the Bass Coast (Wonthaggi) for sale | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Fully renovated house in the Bass Coast (Wonthaggi) for sale

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
Hey there one-and-all,

Up for sale today, well in about a month, is my lovely, original (but extended and renovated) miners cottage. To give you an idea as to why you should buy this property please read on, and on *repeat a few more times*
- Quarter acre block on the south side of town - which is closer to the beach, has all tree-lined streets, footpaths on only one side of the road and is just a really lovely growing country town
- Is about a 10 minute walk from the main street of town, churches, schools and pre-schools
- Has a four car garage and a 9.5m x 7m shed. Both have lighting and power points every two bays. The shed also has plumbing and could easily be converted to an extra dwelling
- Is a four bedroom, weatherboard, house
- Has renovated kitchen
- Has lounge and separate dining room
- Has new main bathroom (built from scratch) and en-suite to main bedroom
- Was re-plumbed, re-roofed and re-wired about 7 years ago
- There are two new air-con units
- Inside and outside have been recently painted
- Master, and second, bedrooms are huge
- Of course I should also mention that the property is about an 8 minute drive from three different beaches - being Cape Patterson (surf beaches and family beach - Bay Beach), Harmers Haven and Williamson's

Now onto less 'tangible' things
- Neighbors are great
- Soon Wonthaggi will have a Bunnings, upsized Coles, upsized Target (up from Country to full), Reject Shop, Super Cheap Autos and *smile* Smiths - if they can get space. This means more people will be moving from outlying areas to town for work
- I've also been told that Coke will be moving next to the Desal Plant AND Linfox will be moving in next to where Coke ends up - this is due to Linfox being Coke's logistics manager. More work coming to town!
- People in Wonthaggi are, for the vast majority, really lovely. They will stop and say hello to you and even, as I found when walking around looking for a place, get you to hang on while they duck out to the veggie patch to give you some spinach and tomatos
- The town has a footy ground, and team, cricket ground, gym, pool, tennis courts, basketball comp, squash, badminton, bowls, croquet club, tennis table and so the list goes on...
- Wonthaggi has three primary schools, four/ five child care centres and a really good quality high school, which is only getting better under the new principle
- Wonthaggi is about a 10 minute drive from Inverloch; 25ish from Korumburra; 30 from Leongatha; 1 hour from Dandenong; 1 1/4 hours from Chaddy etc

I am only selling as my kid needs special schooling, so I've had to move up to the city, but I would happily move back again sometime.

Asking price is the mid $300s

Let me know if you would like any photos for this great investment property and I'll email them through.

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
Streak said:
Good luck!

My Uncle and his family live in Wonthaggi.

Thanks Streak, a bit of luck certainly won't hurt things. The good thing is there is a family already interested in the house but need to wait until the reno's are completed. If your uncle/ cousins are into basketball I probably know them.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
K3 said:
Thanks Streak, a bit of luck certainly won't hurt things. The good thing is there is a family already interested in the house but need to wait until the reno's are completed. If your uncle/ cousins are into basketball I probably know them.
How'd did you go K3?

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
tigertim said:
How'd did you go K3?
Hey TigerTim,

So far the new doors are in, the sparky has been through (putting in new fuse box/ switch plates/ adding power points), the new plaster is up, the painter is in and the tiler is fixing up the kitchen tiles. After that there is really just work on the garden to finish thing off.

So to actually answer your question mate... nothing sold yet but the house is getting close to being ready to be put on the market. Now I just need to hope the people, who were interested, haven't found somewhere else to call home in the meantime.

Thanks for asking.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Glad to hear you,re nearly done. I've got a soft spot for thaggi. I used to own a miners cottage in Campbell st. I've just finished a house in warneet. Just up the road really! :hihi

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
So are you big on fishing then Tim? I've often wanted to turn-off down Warneet Rd and have a bit of a gander but never quite gotten there.

Did you even get to Hunter St Dairy while you were in Wonni? Gotta love being able to get a dozen free rangers for $3.50!

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
No mate, not a fisherman. Never went to Hunter st dairy for eggs, I've had my own chickens for ages. I bought in warneet for the tranquility and be by the water.

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
Just wanted to let any 'potentially interested' parties that the house now...
has a new kitchen
has been newly plastered
has been painted - whole interior
has new lights and
the back garden is looking fantastic!

If anyone would like some photos, let me know.

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
You can read more about the house at... http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/wonthaggi/property-for-sale/renovated-and-extended-miners-cottage/1003503695

With the new Bunnings about to open, along with Super Cheap Auto, which has opened, it really is a very solid investment property. The agents have said rental would be above $400pw.

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
Wanted to let everyone know that...
The backyard is now finished and
The floor is to be sanded next week.

If you would like to have a look through let me know. If you buy direct I will knock $10,000 off the price the estate agents will have it at.

As there are three families, lined up to go through, may I suggest you get in quickly.

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
After speaking to 'agents' I have decided to reduce the price of my house in Wonthaggi down to $349,000.

Let me know if you are interested as it is ready to go :D

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
Here is the agents ad on realestate... Post renovations! :)

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-vic-wonthaggi-111386631

Is looking really great and a great buy*

*of course I have to say that but it is true as well

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
ARCHYBOY said:
Good luck K3, all the best.

Looks a decent size block, you should look at subdividing if you can.
Thanks Archy, appreciate the well wishes! Probably going to need them :)

Is a 1/4 acre block with two biiig sheds up the back. Have to say it would be really easy to subdivide, as there is a ready driveway up the north side but people have been doing that so much throughout town that I think it has been way over done. While it is a place that older folk move to, this will make for a terrific family home for someone and as Rivers, *smile* Smiths and The Reject Shop are looking to move into town, along with a big new light industrial park, I think it is a real growth area. This is especially true for people doing it a bit tough on the farms.

fingers crossed anyway :)

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
Well, I hate to say it but the house hasn't sold yet so I have dropped the price to $319,000 in the hope it can move quickly.

If you, or anyone you know, is interested please let me know.

Cheers

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
K3 said:
Well, I hate to say it but the house hasn't sold yet so I have dropped the price to $319,000 in the hope it can move quickly.

If you, or anyone you know, is interested please let me know.

Cheers
Ouch, sorry.

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
tigertim said:
Ouch, sorry.

ha ha ha... is all good mate. Mum needs a knee op' pretty badly so can't 'wait it out', as planned. You get that though :)

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
Okay, it looks like I will have a couple of offers this week. So if you are interested let me know, as I would love to avoid having to pay the agents their chunk. No, haven't been super impressed with them...