Fun fact - Richmond has mentally ruined two teams in three years | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Fun fact - Richmond has mentally ruined two teams in three years

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
Don't know how others feel, but it's lovely knowing, that the Richmond football clubs two Grand Final opponents in the last three years, have not managed to make finals in the follow year of their Grand Final defeat.

• Love
Reactions: 14 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
I personally think we ruined North before those two when we resigned Dusty on much less than market rate after they were sure they had him.

• Wow
Reactions: 8 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Don't know how others feel, but it's lovely knowing, that the Richmond football clubs two Grand Final opponents in the last three years, have not managed to make finals in the follow year of their Grand Final defeat.
Great isn't it, would love to do it to the Pies or the Cats this year.

Reactions: 6 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

thats-a-shame.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

OldTiger1967

Tiger Rookie
Jun 3, 2017
Because of the egos of being 1st round picks at GWS, I've got a sneaking suspicion their young players may not have handled hub life too well, a tad beneath them. But last years GF wouldn't have helped either.

Reactions: 1 users

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
Because of the egos of being 1st round picks at GWS, I've got a sneaking suspicion their young players may not have handled hub life too well, a tad beneath them. But last years GF wouldn't have helped either.
Very true, it's hard to say Richmond did it to GWS, as this year has been a real *smile* up. It does make it more thinking/saying it was us though!

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014

Yep not sure about GWS but it sure as hell was nice ruining Adelaide, particularly with that smug Tex as captain. Adelaide supporters were so confident of winning that day, they were laughing at us as they entered the stadium and even more so half way through the first. I love the way we ground them down, suffocated them, then destroyed them. Nothing in footy will ever surpass that greatest feeling ever.

• Love
Reactions: 16 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Agree with tigerlove - Adelaide tried to use their GF loss to motivate them but it backfired - listening to our theme song during their camp - we were in their heads. From top of the ladder to wooden spoon (hopefully) in 3 years is rapid decline.

Normally one top 4 fails to make the 8 the following year and it is also relatively common for the reverse to happen with one non top 8 side jumping straight into the top 4 - don‘t know the stats but would be interesting to see.

I reckon it’s pretty rare that a two different losing GF teams fail to make the 8 twice after playing the same winning team - LTRTR help - is this a first?

Reactions: 3 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Tex Walker - the plastic power ranger - will have lifelong nightmares about the 2017 GF that will make him shudder into old age.
He was such a poor choice for Adelaide to make as captain of an AFL footy club.
Not even worthy of tying Cotch's bootlaces.

Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Biggest fear is now what will the AFL do next to ensure the success of their GW$ franchise after plunging so many finances into this money pit of a club?
They can't afford to have these expansion projects floundering towards the bottom of the ladder.

• Angry
Reactions: 5 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Biggest fear is now what will the AFL do next to ensure the success of their GW$ franchise after plunging so many finances into this money pit of a club?
They can't afford to have these expansion projects floundering towards the bottom of the ladder.

Im pretty sure Suns will win a flag before GWS, unless of course they have to play us in a GF sometime.

Id love to ruin the institutions that are Geelong or Collingwood in the meantime

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014

I reckon it’s pretty rare that a two different losing GF teams fail to make the 8 twice after playing the same winning team - LTRTR help - is this a first?
I thought that Freo was destroyed after they made the GF but they made finals for 2 more years before collapsing.
Cats broke a young port adelaide in 2008

Reactions: 2 users

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne

That is what the punitive reduction in the soft caps is all about. The AFL has no choice but to put their two franchises onto reduced budgets so they will force everyone else to do the same.

Of course, they will pay out contracts they don’t want like Dean Solomon first and keep those payments outside the soft cap. No one else will be able to do that.

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Speaking of floundering at the bottom of the ladder, North Melbourne look to be in serious doo-doo.

Shaw looks out of his depth as a coach, they have been forced to prune the same deadwood that they were building their team on three months ago and their best players are both past their best and, most likely, looking to get out if they can.

i doubt they can survive five years in the wilderness.

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
I've often thought of Adelaide losing their coach in 2015 and the emotional rollercoaster over the following years culminating in the 2017 GF. There is no doubt they would of wanted to win that GF for Walsh. As much as I despise the Crows it will probably go down as another sad backstory that will be swallowed by the glory of another. Much like Nicky Winmars dad in '97.

Win and be happy is all I can say.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Speaking of floundering at the bottom of the ladder, North Melbourne look to be in serious doo-doo.

Shaw looks out of his depth as a coach, they have been forced to prune the same deadwood that they were building their team on three months ago and their best players are both past their best and, most likely, looking to get out if they can.

i doubt they can survive five years in the wilderness.
Tassie Kangaroos. Lock it in

Brettstigers

Queen La Camilla
Mar 21, 2005
Sydney
Tassie Kangaroos. Lock it in

As a Tasmanian I think I must comment on this:
Northern Devils?
TassieRoos?
Oh I know - Tassie is small - what is a small Kangaroo - of course, they could be the Wallabies.

Law suit you say? No. Wouldn't happen.