Future Round 1 Pick 2021 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Future Round 1 Pick 2021

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
So we traded out pick 17 for a future round 1 pick in 2021, I hope we have done this to use on a trade.

I've got a feeling that we are into somebody. Tim Taranto or Sam Taylor would be a good get, and would fill a future need.

Who should we be targeting?

Reactions: 1 user

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
So we traded out pick 17 for a future round 1 pick in 2021, I hope we have done this to use on a trade.

I've got a feeling that we are into somebody. Tim Taranto or Sam Taylor would be a good get, and would fill a future need.

The last thing GWS need or would want is another bundle of draft picks

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Traded pick #20 in a compromised draft for a pick 15-18 in a super draft

Pick #18 next year will be the quality of pick 5-8 in this years draft

we will have 6 picks inside 55 next year if we use them all

2021 draft will be like a mini rebuild of sorts for Richmond

Reactions: 10 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Hopefully we broke Geelong enough for this pick to end up better than expected.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

Taylor's back is *smile*, forget about him.
Green, Tarranto, Anderson, Bompmytelly,
And Keep the money to keep Bolton and Balta.
How did we miss on Oscar Allen and pick up Higgins, that matches the Fiora and Tambling selections.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
no idea who we might be into, but i like the thinking Tigerman

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Hopefully we broke Geelong enough for this pick to end up better than expected.

Even if they do capitulate, at worse playing at the shithole, they will win 80% of the games (8 wins)
Plus 3 or 4 away, that's 12/13 wins.
We choose the wrong club to give away pick 17 too. Even WC would've been a better outcome or Collingwood.
Essendon or Hawthorn would've guaranteed us a top 10 pick.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

5 under 40 depending on other clubs ladder finishes

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

Can't stand this *smile* superdraft
The last super draft luke Nolan went at pick 9 and Ashley Sampi at pick 6 and Richard Cole at pick 11.
There is no guarantees.
I think we couldve used pick 17 last night to add another tall forward to the list but choose to off load it. Not sure it proves anything giving it to Geelong.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Can't stand this *smile* superdraft
The last super draft luke Nolan went at pick 9 and Ashley Sampi at pick 6 and Richard Cole at pick 11.
There is no guarantees.
I think we couldve used pick 17 last night to add another tall forward to the list but choose to off load it. Not sure it proves anything giving it to Geelong.

Disgaree, the amount of bolters and sliders yesterday (especially high, I mean Geelong drafted a guy at 20 that pretty much no-one else had in the top 50) shows how much of an unknown this draft was.

Pushing that pick into next years draft gives us a heap of flexibility either for a gun trade, trade up for better picks (possibly inside 10) or as Taz says, a sort of mini rebuild on the run.

We are in a good position.

Reactions: 4 users

go polo

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 28, 2005
and he wasn't worth pick 20, only selected because he is a good running. Question marks on football side

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
There is a difference between being bummed that you didn’t get entertained enough last night and the club making a bad call- or there should be...

Reactions: 3 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
There is a difference between being bummed that you didn’t get entertained enough last night and the club making a bad call- or there should be...

anyone who doesn't get entertained enough by a Maurice Rioli,

should probably consider a course of Dimethyltryptamine

yeah 2021 will be fun.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Disgaree, the amount of bolters and sliders yesterday (especially high, I mean Geelong drafted a guy at 20 that pretty much no-one else had in the top 50) shows how much of an unknown this draft was.

Pushing that pick into next years draft gives us a heap of flexibility either for a gun trade, trade up for better picks (possibly inside 10) or as Taz says, a sort of mini rebuild on the run.

Yes, I think we have positioned ourselves very well, for either next years trade period or the draft. We put a couple of years of work into getting Lynch to the club, got a hunch that we are into someone for next years trade period.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

I don't disagree that next years draft will be more on exposed form. But surely Blair and Clarke would've known of these kids this year too.
The Tassie forward should've been given a go.

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
Great result for mine. We have a very good draft hand next year in a strong draft for a side that just won 3 out of 4 Premierships.