Gale was on SEN | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Gale was on SEN

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

backpocketplumber

Tiger Rookie
May 19, 2014
He is just magnificent! I sincerely hope he does not leave us for some time yet. Whilst he would do wonders for the AFL I selfishly want the greatness to be kept within our four walls at Tigerland.

Reactions: 5 users

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Is there a RFC Knighthood or Sainthood we can bestow on this man - he's way beyond Legend.
As the banner from the crowd in the late 90's used to read along the lines of "Benny Gale is Richmond"

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
If it's not a big ask can one of you please do some bullet points what was said?
Can be brief.
Why?
Can't suffer the dude doing the interview.
Much oblige.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Love to listen to the Chief but cant cop the nasally whining of "state of the game" corporate puppet Wankley.

Reactions: 1 users

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
Outstanding interview. Whatever you think of Whateley, the questions are thoughtful and he's always well researched. I can't imagine what some of our other footy "personalities" would dish up... we'd probably come out of it dumber for the experience. Good listening and the chief was in good form.

Reactions: 2 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Brendan was on SEN this morning with Gerard talking all things Richmond, AFL , Houli etc.

Thanks, waiting, for the link.
Didn't hear it live as I don't often listen to radio.
Gale is, as so many others have said, is simply an out and out legend, a goliath, of the Richmond Football Club.
He shall go down in the pantheon of Tiger Greats.
Long may the AFL keep its hands off him.

Reactions: 6 users

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
Do we have a succession plan if gaLe does end up at the afl?

Wondering if we have anyone internally to promote. Or we would we recruit Cain Liddell back?

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Gale was on SEN this morning. Not sure if it was his finest interview. He created more questions than answers after it. Definitely more to the story.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Gale was on SEN this morning. Not sure if it was his finest interview. He created more questions than answers after it. Definitely more to the story.
What can the AFL do?
What did they do to Crouch and Stengle?
They got spat in the face by port Adelaide and Crickets.
Hardwick was beautiful.
he shut down the issue in 2 sentences.

amc11

Tiger Rookie
Dec 7, 2018
Definitely not his finest interview. In his endeavour to emphasize how the much the club does not condone violence, it felt like Gale threw the boys under the bus a bit and created more murkiness and more room for speculation which was very much picked up upon by SEN's breakfast show hosts (as they should have done). I thought Hardwick handled the situation very well last night on AFL360 and I have to admit I was unusually disappointed with the interview with Brendon Gale this morning.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Yes, thought Brendan really muddied the waters and should have backed our boys who were clearly not the instigators of the trouble, going on reports on here from usually reliable posters, and the club statement.
I would have thought BG would be consistent with that statement and Dimma. Sometimes he can seem unduly conservative. He seems to be implying that they should have avoided confrontation by walking away.

I'd just like to ask him if that's definitely what he would have done in that exact same scenario, when in his early twenties - with a close female friend of his being the victim of inappropriate touching and harassment?

Last edited: