Game Day R4 - Tiges v Suns | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day R4 - Tiges v Suns

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Didn't see the game, not on anything except Murdoch media. Looks like we got beaten in ruck and clearances, not good signs. Losing to the likes of Melbourne and Freo, ok, but we need to be beating the likes of Gold Coast if we're going to move up the ladder.

DS

Their ruck was a lot taller than Seymour, she tried hard but just couldn't get first use to our mids. With Conti having a run with, it was hard for us to shark them. I reckon we are missing Poppy Kelly a lot. The tandem Kelly / Seymour duo was going to be out go this year, but unfortunately with Kelly out injured its the same as last year, Seymour is very good, its just unfortunate that she is just a bit under sized in there.

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
That's why we need more than 1 player who can get clearances, when is McKenzie back I wonder?

DS

I saw some pics of her training last week. She was kicking the footy which was good, but she has some fairly heavy strapping on her calf still.

Tiger44

Tiger Superstar
Sep 23, 2005
We are badly missing 2 key midfield players (Kelly and McKenzie) means Seymour has to ruck all game and is undersized - only real clearance option is Conti and if she is covered we are stuffed. Then to compound this our best Defender (Cordner) goes down with an ACL meaning Darcy has to play tall when she is not. On top of this Wakefield gets injured and she is our only other forward option (after Brennan) so we then have one effective forward that can compete in the air.

We are way too short across the ground now - our recruiting has been abysmal - if we are going to pick non talls, they must have skill and speed and not sure why but the ones we have picked generally dont have either skill or speed.

Would never criticise the effort but the team balance is all wrong atm and too many deficiencies across the ground, exposed by injuries.

Reactions: 2 users

tora

Tiger Rookie
Dec 10, 2021
Didn't see the game, not on anything except Murdoch media. Looks like we got beaten in ruck and clearances, not good signs. Losing to the likes of Melbourne and Freo, ok, but we need to be beating the likes of Gold Coast if we're going to move up the ladder.

DS
I was up after the Saints win. Melbourne and the Dockers were a class above and the scoreboard reflected that. Without knowing the comp very well I thought we'd win. COVID is mucking things up a bit. 3, 4 players out each week plus the usual high injury toll. I guess close contacts aren't sick so there's no recovery time. McKenzie's mid term injury is probably half the season. The Suns at home after a 14 day break, in steamy January conditions ( I live about an hour away by car), was too much. Game plan seemed to be run run run, but the ball just bounced straight out of our fwd line. Indeed it lived in their fwd line. Our defenders played well. Lynch was good. Yassir is bubbly and energetic but small fwd is a tough gig. Conti is a great player but can the Commentators just call the game? Underwood is unbearable. Stick to Offsiders

Reactions: 1 user