Game Day - Rd 20 v Melbourne | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Rd 20 v Melbourne

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
In Stackie and Marlion !!

Out Short and Butler .... even Stack and Pickett have tougher names let alone being tougher playyers.

Reactions: 1 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Nothing much but reading this thread you would think he single handedly cost us the game, shot JFK and took down the World Trade Centre.

He was the 22nd bloke picked and was quiet. Not unreasonable to expect him to take a week to adjust to the level.
To be clear I am not Dan Butler.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Not sure about that. Lewis job is to nullify Grimes and done a pretty good job. He had the same job last week.
Agree. Grimes had very little influence on the game. Lewis did his job well and kicked a couple of goals.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
They've lost 4 of their last 7 Geelong. Have beaten Adelaide, Swans, Saints. Wheels falling off? 1st final at MCG would possibly be a very good outcome.

Cats have North, Lions (away) and Cartoon. None of these are gimmes in their current form.

Reactions: 1 user

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Looked like we shifted up a gear in the second half but it was only in to second. Wouldn’t want to play like that in the last two weeks of the season. Don’t think it would be enough.
We play like that against Carlton next week and we’ll be lucky to win.

That was a pretty ordinary performance. But a 5 goal win when you play poorly is an okay result in the scheme of things. We had a lot of players well down on form tonight so we’ve got a lot of scope for improvement.

5 goals is our margin though. Apart from GC I don’t think we’ve won by more than that. It’s a bit frustrating as we seem to take the foot of the pedal when we have an opponent on the ropes. Our percentage should be a lot better than it is. Giants breathing down our neck gives us no wriggle room.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
I thought that the Dees would match up well against us, particularly their ruck and mids, and they had been under the blowtorch a bit this week so would respond. It was a danger game in a way. This team certainly shouldn't be anywhere near the bottom of the ladder.

I thought we could have easily lost. There's a fair few spots at stake in our 22, with Cotchin and Stack to come back in, Nankervis and McIntosh as well.
I think we could still see a bit of change before week 1 of finals. Today certainly did nothing to change my mind that there's spots up for grabs.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Yeah, bit of a strange game, never seemed particularly intense from either side. Atmosphere was a bit lacklustre, maybe the small crowd and rain contributed as the MCG felt a lot emptier than usual.

We certainly lacked disposal efficiency especially in the first half, got to fix that up as turnovers will cost us dearly against better opposition. We're not a tall side, although with Soldo, Lynch, Chol, Reiwoldt we do have some very good tall players - but this means we need to be more accurate with our disposals especially coming out of the back line. A few passengers tonight, wasn't impressed with Butler or Short.

Thought Melbourne were ok but they've certainly gone backwards since last year. Last year I thought Melbourne were very good but conceded too many goals to really compete in finals. Should have been a platform for them, improve the defence and come out stronger in 2019. But they have been terrible.

DS

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I thought that the Dees would match up well against us, particularly their ruck and mids, and they had been under the blowtorch a bit this week so would respond. It was a danger game in a way. This team certainly shouldn't be anywhere near the bottom of the ladder.

I thought we could have easily lost. There's a fair few spots at stake in our 22, with Cotchin and Stack to come back in, Nankervis and McIntosh as well.
I think we could still see a bit of change before week 1 of finals. Today certainly did nothing to change my mind that there's spots up for grabs.

Not to mention Marlion if he proves to be anything like the player many are touting him to be.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Thanks for nuthin Sydney you wankers
We should be bitching about the umpires on Sydney's behalf. Clear free missed at the end. They were unlucky.

Reactions: 1 users