Game Day Richmond v Adelaide | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day Richmond v Adelaide

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Didn't seem like you were handling the slow start too well to me if these comments are anything to go by...lol

'Dare I say, looks like the good times are over. Great while it lasted.'

'Season ending quarter here'
Oh wow. Excuse me for showing emotion for my team.
excuse me for being a die hard, one eye supporter.
excuse me for for wearing my heart on my sleeve.
I will support Richmond and players like David Cotchin and Darren Martin till the end!

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I will support Richmond and players like David Cotchin and Darren Martin till the end!
Who doesn't love the double D's

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
Who doesn't love the double D's
The key thing is structure! forget about your emotions, they are important, but I feel we need to sort this quickly. Our small fleet of forwards is history, cause they are always outnumbered in the forward line, their opponents have bigger bodies, our small get out marked. Against the top teams melbourne, geelong and brisbane, we need the extra tall forward to mark or bring the ball down. Need to work out to open our forward line better, create space for one on one, have our talls running in for the pass.
1. when Dusty kicked to CCJ, it was a brilliant kick, Dusty forced CCJ to his right where his opponent was left of him. in that passage, there was an additional player trying to stop him on the run.
2. When Ralphy kicked his first, the camera behind the goals shown 6 crows players to our 3.

Reactions: 2 users

larabee

#13!
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
is that you, Bondy?

Reactions: 1 user

Dont Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 26, 2018
Disagree.
Then you’d be wrong

‘Where did he come from?’: Chol recalls spectacular Riewoldt mark

Daniel Cherny
The Age
June 1, 2021

Richmond’s Mabior Chol says he didn’t see Jack Riewoldt coming in the lead-up to the Tigers star’s stunning hanger late in Sunday’s win over Adelaide.

Chol had been leading to a kick inside 50 from Jack Graham but was upstaged by Riewoldt, who soared to take a spectacular pack mark after running back with the flight of the ball. Riewoldt converted the ensuing set shot en route to a five-goal haul in the 28-point victory over the Crows at Giants Stadium.

“It was a funny one. I did not see Jack coming at all,” Chol said on Monday of the incredible moment.

“Credit to him, it was an amazing mark. I think if you see the footage, I was pretty shocked, where he came from. I was like, ‘Wow, where did he come from?’”

Riewoldt risked injury by tracking back with the flight of the ball, an issue brought to the fore last week by AFLW star Darcy Vescio when she questioned whether a similarly courageous mark from Western Bulldogs gun Lachie Hunter should have been celebrated.

“Having no regard for your own safety shouldn’t be what makes you a good teammate,” Vescio tweeted.

Chol said that ultimately players acted on instinct when it came to such moments.

“I think it’s just an instinct thing. It’s a hard one to call because you’re just playing off instinct out there. It happens so quick you don’t even notice,” Chol said.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Riewoldt risked injury by tracking back with the flight of the ball, an issue brought to the fore last week by AFLW star Darcy Vescio when she questioned whether a similarly courageous mark from Western Bulldogs gun Lachie Hunter should have been celebrated.

“Having no regard for your own safety shouldn’t be what makes you a good teammate,” Vescio tweeted.
What was Darcy going on about with this comment?

Reactions: 1 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
What was Darcy going on about with this comment?
Yeah ridiculous comment. As Chol said players act on instinct. Some do what Jack did instinctively, others don't. It's a contact sport and the reality is that players get hurt and injured; unfortunately sometimes seriously. But if you don't want to take the risk that's fine; find another sport. There is always a choice.

Reactions: 1 user

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
I love the mark, it was a stunner.

But if Jack is playing a higher role he should know - or be told - not to run back into the big forward lanes.

My bet is he was both lauded and quietly chastised for the decision.

What if Chol got injured? He looked to have the mark covered anyway.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
I love the mark, it was a stunner.

But if Jack is playing a higher role he should know - or be told - not to run back into the big forward lanes.

My bet is he was both lauded and quietly chastised for the decision.

What if Chol got injured? He looked to have the mark covered anyway.
There is zero chance that Jack was chastised for taking that mark.

MD Jazz

Tiger Legend
Feb 3, 2017
Yeh, Dimma was full of praise for Jack. Doubt he was having a go at him behind closed doors. The ball was in his vicinity and he went for it.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Yep. Imagine how good Chol could be come if he had that killer desire to win the ball. Can't teach it unfortunately, you either have it or you don't.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Well that was an interesting game now that I have seen a replay.

It seemed to be played on the basis of finding space rather than controlling territory. You could see a lot more chipping and often passes were short. I think the skill levels looked better from Richmond, less handballs to team mates' feet although less pressure when you are playing Adelaide than one of the better teams.

The forward line looked more open and far less static. Was good to see a lot more movement and leading by forwards, good delivery certainly helps too. Makes you wonder just how restricted Lynch has been, good idea to have his knee sorted now because Lynch has looked less effective.

The umpiring was interesting. I thought Walker was a bit stiff to be done for HTB early in the first quarter, but they paid a very similar one against McIntosh literally a minute or two later. They seemed a bit less strict on it later in the game although Prestia copped one which was a bit 50/50 later in the game - less inconsistency. I saw one incident where a Richmond player pushed an Adelaide player just as or maybe a little after the Adelaide player kicked the ball, a free was paid. Now, you see this every game, players grabbing and pushing players all the time - if they pay this consistently the game will open up. I also noticed Baker at one point about to tackle an Adelaide player and hold off as the Adelaide player didn't have possession, was still trying to gather the ball. An instruction maybe? If they decide to enforce holding the man and pushing more I reckon it will improve the game. Will be interesting to see how all of this goes.

Caddy surprised me. He is slow but if he can use his ability to read the game to compensate he has a chance to play seniors. He did seem to pop up in the right places and that worked.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012

Nup, anyone who has played football knows how annoying it is. Let’s assume he missed the mark. Nine out of ten attempts and he would have. Most other players zero chance.

We’d all be talking about Chol being spoiled and a closer finish.

Can’t have it both ways. If Riewoldt was the one on the straight lead he would’ve ripped Cholly a new one.

I remember Pickett’s great grab in the VFL, CJ went off at him and had half a case.

But a great grab regardless. I’m glad he took it and didn’t injure himself or Mabs.