Game Day Richmond v Adelaide | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day Richmond v Adelaide

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
I think we will look to score more heavily from this point on. less of the scarppy territory game we have built the dynasty on. that will return in September.

We have known for weeks that our scoreboard pressure hasn't been up to scratch. There hasn't been any ball transition mids to spread effectively. To compound that, Rioli and Castgana have been ineffective offensively. Lynch and Riewoldt have been overwhelmed. all that means our structure is out of whack and we are not kicking sixteen goals like we regularly did 2017-2019.

But the coaches couldn't do anything until the mainline mids came back. So we make all the renovations this week. an extra marking forward in there is a huge difference, especially if that forward keeps the defender honest. can't wait to see Chol / CJ / Caddy down there.

It'll be a shoot out in Sydney, mark it down. I think we'll score over 100 points and chalk up a win. Don't expect Adelaide to be stifled though - they'll get looks too. Just the way the game is played at the minute.

EDIT: dry conditions forecast in west sydney so that won't be an issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Tigers need to make a stand today. Time to hit some form with a big win. No excuses.

Reactions: 2 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Huge game for CCJ today.

I watched his VFL games this year and have personally struggled a bit to see the hype.

Hope he plays well today.

Reactions: 1 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Come out hungry and a solid 4 qtr effort anything less we're in trouble don't give crows a sniff.

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Simply got to get 4 points this week.

won't be easy either; still missing A graders, still got a lots of kids, there will be rust among returned

and Crows are playing with abandon.

I think CJ's passmark is circumstantially high today; 3 goals. I expect him to hit it.

Dimma will be working like a borrowed horse.

Tigers by 13 points after trailing at 3/4.

CJ kicks 3

and the 2021 campaign begins

Reactions: 5 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
We haven't really had our mojo this year apart from a couple of odd occasions. The 2nd half against the dogs, 2-3 quarters against a very poor St Kilda

We need to get moving but I am not expecting a break through performance today with so many new and returning players, but we need to be building. This is a danger game imo

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
We haven't really had our mojo this year apart from a couple of odd occasions. The 2nd half against the dogs, 2-3 quarters against a very poor St Kilda

We need to get moving but I am not expecting a break through performance today with so many new and returning players, but we need to be building. This is a danger game imo

yeah agree. I think we'll get the 4 pts without hitting our straps.

I think we'll hit our straps V WC in a fortnight

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I hope CCJ gets a few games regardless of today’s performance (personally I think he’ll go okay. All he needs to do is give Nank a chop out and clunk a few). Need to remember this is his 2nd AFL career game.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
yeah agree. I think we'll get the 4 pts without hitting our straps.

I think we'll hit our straps V WC in a fortnight
We better be playing better by next week as well eZyT, the bummers are playing with a lot of confidence

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
I reckon this will be a scratchy game as it may take a little while for the team to gel and given it’s a bit of a free hit to Adelaide now being on neutral territory - they will push us.

Balta v Tex will determine the outcome, who ever wins that dual will help their team win the game - Adelaide wins have come when Tex has dominated.

Expect a tough win but never confident.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
don't get the caution.

cotchin is always managed conservatively and will be cherry ripe.

bolton just had a wrist and is ready to go.

prestia will work in but his sheer presence will make RCD and Graham better.

baker will probably play on a wing or HBF and kill it there.

we got prongs up forward, exciting youngsters with points to prove.

valstuin should be right now and balta has astbury's role all to himself (which will be the making of him)

adelaide is challenging some sides but are still *smile*

what's not to like about today?

Reactions: 3 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I am looking for a four quarter performance today. We really haven’t had one since the St. Kilda game.

Reactions: 1 users

Barkdog

Tiger Rookie
May 5, 2004
Bendigo
At least with no coverage (dont have pay tv), I wont have to watch the umps give us the dreaded rear admiral, I'll just have to listen to it.

angle ankle

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2020
don't get the caution.

cotchin is always managed conservatively and will be cherry ripe.

bolton just had a wrist and is ready to go.

prestia will work in but his sheer presence will make RCD and Graham better.

baker will probably play on a wing or HBF and kill it there.

we got prongs up forward, exciting youngsters with points to prove.

valstuin should be right now and balta has astbury's role all to himself (which will be the making of him)

adelaide is challenging some sides but are still *smile*

what's not to like about today?
.good points but dont know about *smile*...they beat cats n dees who we couldnt get near