Game Day - Richmond v Geelong Preliminary Final | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Richmond v Geelong Preliminary Final

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
Exciting Day!!

Will be a cracker night - If we bring the heat we should win.

Reactions: 2 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Game day biatches

Destiny awaits us. Just turn the *smile* up Tiges. We play to anywhere near our highest level and we win. Simple.

Reactions: 3 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Can we change the thread title. We're not the Richmond Tigers.

Richmond or The Tigers.

Reactions: 2 users

BetterTigers

Tiger Rookie
May 21, 2011
Excited. Just drove by Punt Road and all is quiet, tho it gave me goosebumps.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
Unusually confident which is somewhat unnerving :)

Tigers to grind them down and win by 35

Reactions: 1 user

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
its funny - every game post the bye and we played some superb football to get to qualifying final (finish top 4) from mid season. Its not sudden death and the anxiety level for most us fan is through the roof. Win - and everything over the preceding 7 days is just wonderful.... the weekend - watching the other prelim - work - home life - saturation of football analysis - making it to the last day in September for only the 2nd time in 39 years. Not for the first time this season, tonight us huge - understatement of the year ! Whatever happens we front up again in 2020 - with our AA Full back.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
today is a big big day. get excited and embrace it because Prelims don't come around every day of the week. Prelims where we go in as hot favourites are even rarer. Many will be nervous because of what happened on this day last year. but our opponent tonight is weaker than our oppnent last year. and we are in much better form. we got his.

Reactions: 4 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Really excited about tonight's game.
Sure, there will be a little apprehension through the first quarter, but once the Tigers settle into their rhythm I am expecting them to deal with Geelong pretty well over the course of the match.
Expecting Cotch to put in a blinder as the great leader of this great team. He will set the example for the boys and they will follow.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
This time last year, tiger air cancelled my flight.

I was gonna fly quantas this year, but im a superstitious risk taker by nature.

Tiger left on the knocker, and gave us a seat upgrade.

Everything feels different. Everything.

Tigers by 37. Lynchy kicks 7

Reactions: 5 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I was not particularly convinced by our form last year, but, we kept winning games so thought we would be ok.

I am seeing far more exciting footy from Richmond this year so hoping we can get past Geelong and into the Grand Final.

Go Tiges, Eat 'Em Alive.

DS

Reactions: 3 users

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Whatever the result tonight

This is our best three years since 73-75.

That’s 44 years ago.

Spot on. We used to look at the teams who played in a prelim & were jealous as. We are about to play our 3rd in a row.

Last year was nervous & anxious as it was the Pies & we finished 2 games clear, so lots of expectations.

This year, still nervous but excited & trying to enjoy it more.

Go tigers

Reactions: 1 users

Rantnrave

Tiger Legend
May 6, 2008
this time last year i kinda felt we were very very shakey,,,our last month had looked pretty average and although we won games i wasnt convinced..and chris scott was right,,we were very beatable..collingwood had a mass of momentum and we had none...this year everything feels massively different,,,i re watched the 2017 finals series this week to,,,,,man we are such a better team this year,,lynch has been the final piece we needed...the backline has gone up a notch to......its all coming together.....BUT cats and pies and even gws are very very good teams

Reactions: 1 users