Game Day - Richmond v Geelong Preliminary Final | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Richmond v Geelong Preliminary Final

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Nerves have officially kicked in. Different to the last two years:

2017 - We were on a ride that even if we had lost we could view the season as a success. Quietly confident though.
2018 - We had to win. We couldn't lose. We were the best and it was against Collingwood. More fear of losing than anything else.
2019 - Confident we will win. We're the better team. Thought of losing to Salty is unbearable. Confident, but cautious.
That’s me, confident but cautious. I had a feeling of doom this time last year but I don’t have it this year.
My view all week is that if we play our best we will beat anyone but that doesn’t mean we will.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerPaul71

Tiger Cub
May 24, 2013
Redemption begins tonight.

Nothing should stay in our way.

We have a coach & captain who speak of humility , togetherness of love & care for each other & respect.

To a coach & captain plus some players of arrogance, rudeness to throwing grenades hoping we will pick them up.

Tonight the Tigers will explode on the MCG and shut the trap of his and the rest of his team right up!

REDEMPTION TIME

Love this.....
Cotchin is the one, all talk about Dusty, Captian Cotch will lead the way...

Reactions: 1 user

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
We bring our best we win weather the cats storm early on and stay with them.Get the game on our terms fast and quick, but not just bombing it in our 50 hit our forwards.Pressure and tackling and smalls to contribute on the scoreboard to.If they go tall up forward get Nank to drop in the hole help out to.

Birdman19

Plodder
Apr 16, 2009
Bring it home Tiges. For Rancey, Higglet and Andrew Mcqualter's little one!!! Eat'Em Alive!!!

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
I suffer from nerves badly before a game ,the mind races with all the different scenarios , but a feeling of calmness ( oh well its started now, what will be will be ) kicks in a bit once the game starts
I get the nervous *smile* too. The calmness is dispensed as an amber liquid!

mainlandy

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2004
Mont Albert
These names don’t put much fear into me. Taylor, Henderson, Stanley, Narkle, Bews, O’Conner, Menegola, Dahlhaus, Atkins, Parfitt, Miers, Ratugalea, Henry.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
I'm super nervous, can only imagine how hard it is to be a player.

I hope we win, I think we will win.

I also hope that no matter what happens tomorrow I remember that preliminary finals are almost as hard to win as Grand Finals, and we already have much to be proud of this season.

Reckon you will wake up a happy fella tomorrow, BR

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Dangerfield, Selwood, Ablett, Kelly.

Genuine stars right there.

We should win tonight and I am confident but we will need to play well.

Looks like Selwood has a black eye from last week, our boys will get a week if they high tackle him.

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
An hour to go. Been waiting 12 months for this after Tigers 2018 prelilm went wrong for a few misfortunes that hit the team. Will not be easy so time for a beer to steady the nerves. Go Tigers Eat em Alive.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
That’s me, confident but cautious. I had a feeling of doom this time last year but I don’t have it this year.
My view all week is that if we play our best we will beat anyone but that doesn’t mean we will.

Yep, it's in our hands. We bring near our best and we win. Salties have to hope we have a bad night for them to stand a chance.