Game Day - Richmond v Geelong Preliminary Final | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Richmond v Geelong Preliminary Final

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
It would be nice if someone grabbed all his Richmond comments into a single video. His comments after we won in 2017, implying we played dour and boring football should bookend the video.

Agreed on the video collage would be great viewing.

Especially after we add his comments after we smack them off the MCG again this year.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Contrast Scott with Hardwick's gracious, humble and complimentary attitude toward other teams. After the 2018 Prelim Final loss, he made no excuses despite some of our players having illness issues and he went to the Collingwood rooms to congratulate Buckley. No wonder the players walk through fire for him

Its the Jerry Macguire effect ....Hardwick/Beavis is MacGuire.

Chris Scott is Bob Sugar

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I honestly don't think Scott or Geelong realise how pathetic and petty he sounds whenever he seems to open his mouth about our club. If the club did, they'd tell him to bite his tongue. But I guess the nickname 'handbaggers' is well earned.
What...did...you...say?
1584245845974.png

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Dimma's the smart one. With a little smile he says "yeah Geelong are a good side, we respect them."

Then he sits back and lets Chris make a complete goose of himself again.
Exactly. Being gracious and talking Geelong up twists the knife deeper than bagging them would.

Wish the Saints had snagged one to be honest.
Yeah, 2010.

I lived in Elwood during 2009/10, would have been a fair old party in St Kilda if they'd got up in either of those years.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Even if he really believes the stuff he comes out with, I simply can't believe he doesn't realize he'd be better off shutting up about it.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Chris Scott reckons the Corona virus comes from the Worm at the bottle of his Tequila bottles

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Sure they’ll extended end of season by another 3 years.

The longer he stays, means one oppostion we don't have to worry about.
Why hasnt anyone got the balls to call him out?
inherited a top 2 side with top players like Ablett selwood Corey Johnson Enright Scarlett and Chapman added Dangerfield
And has Nothing to show for it besides a Allan Joyce flag in 11..

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
Reckon they whinge more than anyone, maybe because they feel so entitled?
One of my best friends is a Cat man. First time I saw him after the 2019 Grand Final, conversation eventually got around to the footy (wives were present - Danish ones).
He said he didn't care who won the flag in 2020 as long as it wasn't Richmond because he thought we were so arrogant about winning it.
Honestly don't know where he got that from.
They're still arrogant, and the last flag they won was 8 or 9 years ago. What goes around comes around, they have years of coping it to go!

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
There’s a few sides to this.

1) Richmond have been **** for most of his involvement in AFL footy

2) Hardwick is a Clarkson man and therefore an enemy. Also, Hardwick was a **** coach as of 2016 (by his own admission). The turnaround, fueled by humility, storytelling and emotion has been something the extremely analytical Scott cannot get his head around. It simply perplexes him.

3) further to point 2, our game style bemuses master coach C. Scott. In his autocratic world, the ball must be moved traditionally and with the utmost organisation. Our staggered, half-crazed drunkard act when we get the ball offends his notion of football and therefore cannot be taken seriously.

4) we have beaten them when it counts in two finals series now and are almost single-handedly responsible for the tightening noose around his neck.

I reckon the quite frankly bizarre comments from an opposition coach stem from a combination of these reasons.
In regard to point 2 - his attempt, in the post match of the Prelim, he tried so very hard to seem he connects with his players, by saying how proud he was etc. It was the most cringeworthy, forced, manufactured attempt, there is no way a player of his could have remotely believed a word.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
How many times do we need to pull their pants down in key matches before they start respecting us?

It is surely a ploy they adopt to put us off our game. Problem is, when the pressure is on, it is them that fall into a heap while we just stick to our process.