Game Day - Richmond v Geelong Preliminary Final | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Richmond v Geelong Preliminary Final

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
Brian Quinn Q GIF by truTV’s Impractical Jokers

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
I just enjoyed revisiting the 2017 final against the cats. So many great finals victories to chose from, particularly against the cats. Cotchin was rabid in the first. Great to watch.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
I just enjoyed revisiting the 2017 final against the cats. So many great finals victories to chose from, particularly against the cats. Cotchin was rabid in the first. Great to watch.

Imagine if Selwood kicked a goal like Cotch did in the preliminary.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I love watching that game. I think my favourite part is the last 2-3 minutes of the 3rd quarter when Dusty got the ball to Reiwoldt and then to Prestia for a goal. When the siren went the crowd went off and Taylor with them.

I am no great fan of Brian Taylor but that scene in the crowd and his commentary at 3 quarter time still makes me emotional.

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
I love watching that game. I think my favourite part is the last 2-3 minutes of the 3rd quarter when Dusty got the ball to Reiwoldt and then to Prestia for a goal. When the siren went the crowd went off and Taylor with them.

I am no great fan of Brian Taylor but that scene in the crowd and his commentary at 3 quarter time still makes me emotional.
Smooth movement of the ball. You could watch that on a loop.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Smooth movement of the ball. You could watch that on a loop.
You could but the thing about it, and what made it such a big play, was that both Dusty and Jack beat their opponents one on one, it wasn't as if they were on their own.

The first goal of the last quarter is also underrated imo. The kick of Dusty to Grigg was sublime, unbelievable awareness and skill. Very few players in the AFL could have done that.

Reactions: 2 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I wonder if when watching Dusty go supernova in that game if you can see in the eyes of the Cats players who had witnessed the Dusty show before, the thought ‘*smile*! He’s gonna do it again!’

Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I wonder if when watching Dusty go supernova in that game if you can see in the eyes of the Cats players who had witnessed the Dusty show before, the thought ‘*smile*! He’s gonna do it again!’
Well you could see it all over thei fans faces, they knew it was coming.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
When is Geelong announcing they have made a statue of a bloke that cheated the entire competition to get his side to win the flag?

• Angry
Reactions: 1 user