Game Day - Richmond v North at Punt Rd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Richmond v North at Punt Rd

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I've enjoyed Gabby Seymours game again, developing really well. She was soundly beaten 1st half, she played King poorly, but has learnt and has been really competitive in the 2nd half.

Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Yeah, simply outclassed.

I was hoping with the wind in the first quarter we could get off to a good start but it wasn't to be.

Held them scoreless in the third and we did really well in that quarter.

Held up ok in the last but North took their chances and we ended up losing by a fair bit.

Not a great game, we lost by a fair but but were not blown away.

I was standing there, leaning on the fence, and just thinking how could we be more competitive? It all comes down to the players. Can't see anything much wrong with the way we set up and the like but our players don't position as well, don't read the play or flight of the ball as well, are not at the ball in numbers, are not there to receive when a team mate is under pressure etc as compared to the good teams. Fair way to go, improvement is happening, but geez they really need game time, it shows when we play one of the good teams.

At 3/4 time I was looking at the stats and North had just under 80 marks to our 15 or so. It was stark. Think it got a little better by the end but it was quite noticeable that they were much better at marking. We were a bit fumbly again tonight, must get that out of our game.

Oh well, Gold Coast at our second home ground next week and maybe we can win one at Punt Rd the week after against the WEagles. Last round against the Dogs at the Western Oval looks a very difficult assignment.

DS

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
Disappointed in Frederick's effort in this game. She needs to at least get to contests and bring the ball to ground to give the Hoskings, McKenzies, Dempseys, a chance. Ditto Molan, no real presence. At least use that size to put the fear into a few if you can't get the footy. But I can see some real improvement in skills in general. On a breezy day you'd expect the taller North to have struggled but they took a brace of marks. Tiges didn't really handle that extra height too well and kept bombing it then struggling to control the ball. Still a very good effort in the third quarter. McKenzie is a ripper, as is Hosking. Cordner looks slow but has a red hot go. D'arcy and Brennan were good. Seymour, Birchell, Jacques and Beranrdi did their bit and all look like players. A fit Conti would have made a big difference.

I was surprised by the amount of joy I got watching their 1st win (and the 1st full AFLW I've ever watched). I could easily come to really enjoy the AFLW Tigers.

Reactions: 1 user