Game Day - Richmond vs Brisbane - QF 2020 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Richmond vs Brisbane - QF 2020

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Are you thinking Balta in Ruck and forward? too good having him on the bench for half of each quarters.

Players rarely in any game spend 50percent on the bench. So yes possibly forward or chop out as a floater in the backline. Balta is quite a flexible player.

Reactions: 1 user

tigermouseau

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
Can you believe this??

Tigers helping the coffers of the AFL little by little.
what a joke. Did robinson get fined too. He was the instigator and frankly I’m disappointed his efforts were rewarded by our guys.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
what a joke. Did robinson get fined too. He was the instigator and frankly I’m disappointed his efforts were rewarded by our guys.

Why wasn't a free kick paid in the centre of the ground after Robinson bumped Balta for no reason??
Where was the free?
The same free, that Pickett gave away??
This is Hocking at work.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
People raise this issue a lot but it didn’t hurt us in 2017 or 2019. Didn’t hurt WCE in 2018 either. The last 3 flags have been won by QF winners who then had another 2 week break into a PF.

Hopefully we can buck the trend but we’ve got a bit of work to do out of last night. Disappointing performance.
Normally wouldn't be overly fussed about having the pre finals bye plus another before the prelim ( although I do think the pre finals break advantages the lower four teams ). Biggest concern for me this year is the lack of overall game time for some of our core seniors. Not having the extra prelim break this year should be beneficial for the likes of Presty, Nank, Shedda, *smile* n Bash who've all had interrupted seasons this year n not much lead in game time before the finals.
Ya can fudge one maybe two players who might be a tad rusty through a finals series. No way can ya fudge 25% of the team through.

Reactions: 1 users

Barkdog

Tiger Rookie
May 5, 2004
Bendigo
Playing a Semi final also gives us continuity, as well as another game for the underdone guys....cant be much fun being in a hub and not having footy to distract them. I think we've seen the results across the AFL. Focusing on another game next week should have them primed.....as opposed to sitting by the pool for another 10 days.

Reactions: 2 users

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Now I've had a couple of days to digest I think we're still well placed for a tilt. Lynch back is the most important piece of our structure these days and that was evident with how little we managed to score from out fwd 50 entries. Lynch making Andrews more accountable completely changes the dynamic of our forward line.

I'd also be moving Balta to part time ruck duties to chop out Nank. Chol is clearly not up to it and should be traded at the end of the year. Balta at least had the leap to be semi competitive with the big lugs.

Reactions: 3 users

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
No way did we neutralise the aerial contest to give our smalls a chance. Brisbane dismissed Chol and either marked or punches long and wide to the boundary.

To the eye it was the most we have been outplayed in this area all year.

Andrews was also dominant. BOG. Not sure how you or anyone can downplay his impact. It was where the game was lost
And the man punches it a good 10m+ clear

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
Normally wouldn't be overly fussed about having the pre finals bye plus another before the prelim ( although I do think the pre finals break advantages the lower four teams ). Biggest concern for me this year is the lack of overall game time for some of our core seniors. Not having the extra prelim break this year should be beneficial for the likes of Presty, Nank, Shedda, *smile* n Bash who've all had interrupted seasons this year n not much lead in game time before the finals.
Ya can fudge one maybe two players who might be a tad rusty through a finals series. No way can ya fudge 25% of the team through.
Exactly.

I posted basically the same thing yesterday. I really think this will be a blessing in disguise.

Yes, the opposition have been shown we're beatable, but more importantly we've been shown that we have to hunt, and hunt like our lives depend on it, which it does. I think that's when we are at our best.

Reactions: 7 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Re watched the game and it was clear the absence of Lynch and dominance of Andrews affected our mids and backs. They were quite indecisive with their delivery and weren't quick and direct as they usually are. Lynch has played 42 games straight since being recruited and our system and fwd 50 entries have been heavily reliant on his presence.

Also thought hipwood caused us alot of issues. Not sure who his man was but broad has kept him very quiet in the past.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Re watched the game and it was clear the absence of Lynch and dominance of Andrews affected our mids and backs. They were quite indecisive with their delivery and weren't quick and direct as they usually are. Lynch has played 42 games straight since being recruited and our system and fwd 50 entries have been heavily reliant on his presence.

Also thought hipwood caused us alot of issues. Not sure who his man was but broad has kept him very quiet in the past.
Hard to tell watching from the TV but the backs seem to mix n match. If pushed though perhaps Balta was on Hipwood? Not sure who was on Cameron when he kicked the goal from the boundary throw in but his opponent was 10 metres behind him as he charged.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Hard to tell watching from the TV but the backs seem to mix n match. If pushed though perhaps Balta was on Hipwood? Not sure who was on Cameron when he kicked the goal from the boundary throw in but his opponent was 10 metres behind him as he charged.
Short was on Cameron for that one. Grimes was on the bench. For his other goal where raynor gave him the assist, grimes actually left him to provide a spoil but didn't kill the contest and cameron got free.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Watching over the highlights again one thing that hasn't been mentioned much is our poor delivery in our forward line, time and time again just bombing it long and Andrews had a picnic and the rest of the defence.With or without Lynch we're just giving the footy away.

Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Fascinated to know how they stopped our intercept marking and rebound from D50.

Grimes, Houli and Baker having no influence in the 2nd half is amazing.

Maybe they were happy for Short and Balta to have it (as they generally use it long) and backed themselves to defend the long high kick knowing they had us covered aerially?

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003

Maybe they were happy for Short and Balta to have it (as they generally use it long) and backed themselves to defend the long high kick knowing they had us covered aerially?
*smile* forward entries from our mids n running backs meant our forwards failed to bring the ball to ground n lock in far too often, resulting on easy unpressured rebound from their defensive half to their mids n forwards. Means they were able to spread n cherry pick their options far to easily, often getting the one out contests or loose players forward n dismantling our usual defensive systems.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria

The lack of or refusal of lowering the eyes and working through the Lions defensive structure & Andrews is still a concern.

Dave continually kicking down the line and slowing us can be somewhat frustrating as we had no one really for that kick without Lynch and no Soldo.

Hopefully that will be rectified Friday night.

Bill Haverchuck

Tiger Superstar
Jun 27, 2011
Coaches votes

BRISBANE v RICHMOND

10 Daniel Rich (BL)
6 Charlie Cameron (BL)
6 Harris Andrews (BL)
6 Hugh McCluggage (BL)
2 Jarryd Lyons (BL)

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Coaches votes

BRISBANE v RICHMOND

10 Daniel Rich (BL)
6 Charlie Cameron (BL)
6 Harris Andrews (BL)
6 Hugh McCluggage (BL)
2 Jarryd Lyons (BL)
Not one Tiger worthy of a vote out of 30 votes in a 15 point loss.