Game Day - Round 2 - Suns v Richmond | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Round 2 - Suns v Richmond

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Wakefield marks. Sabrina, instead of chugging along, could've positioned herself and lead. Fitness doesn't look good on most of this team.

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
Wakefield marks. Sabrina, instead of chugging along, could've positioned herself and lead. Fitness doesn't look good on most of this team.

Yep, looked underdone. Shouldve won that, but totally wasted chances.

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Had our chances in the last quarter but bad kicking is bad football. Improved on last week though.
Tough game next week against the roos

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Tried to watch on the AFL site but it constantly dropped out - typical useless technology. Why it can't be even semi-reliable is beyond me.

Well, we played better. I am getting the impression our team is less fit than others. The opposition, even this week when it was another expansion team, always had more numbers at the ball. Gold Coast would get a mark and run off the mark and kick to a team mate. Richmond would mark and have no options, rarely someone running past. Got a bit better towards the end but they have to start running past each other, giving options, presenting and kicking to team mates.

Conti was way ahead of just about everyone on the ground. That's the skill level which is needed, as more players reach that level it will be a much better game. Will take time but with the right support during these early years the Women's AFL will see huge improvement.

Next week looks hard, North are playing well. They had a good win today and we could have been better but fell short.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Going by the match day threads it's good to see the PRE ferals don't discriminate when it comes to only focusing on the negatives.

Reactions: 1 user

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
I started the season full of hope but watching the WCE vs Dockers match thats on now and wow we are a long way off that level.

The positives are we never stopped trying tonight, right to the death which is the Richmond way.

I like Benardi, Monahan, Jaques, Wakefield, Bailey, Stahl, Campbell and Seymour.

Brennan and Fredericks have been dissapointing so far.

Brennan seems to lose her feet too easily and IMO isnt the fast twitch player u need to be when playing in the middle. Maybe put her forward where she is proven.

Granted Fredricks gets terrible delivery sometimes she just needs to put herself into a position to bust the pack and bring the ball to ground. She should never be outmarked!

I'm glad everyone is on the Conti train now cause she is our best ball player who is one step ahead of everyone around her.

Big game next week. I would be more than happy if our effort is the same as today but I would really like to see some improvement in our decision making.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Watched a bit of Fremantle game and geez they've looked very good. They can hit targets and open up the play. That's missing from most games.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
What do people think of the boundary umpire coming so far in the boundary throw in lands in the corridor? Something that could discourage use of the boundary as a defensive tactic in all forms of the game?

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
To think they painted a giant mural of Frederick in Richmond..

I'm giving it a go but despite it being Richmond, am finding it very hard to connect.

One more week.

Last edited:

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
To think they painted a giant mural of Frederick in Richmond..

I'm giving it a go but despite it being Richmond, am finding it very hard to connect.

One more week.
Why is she so slow? Carrying an injury or not properly match fit yet?