Game Day - Round 21 versus Carlton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Round 21 versus Carlton

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
It was truly like a rugby match out there at times. In a passage of play, I counted three throws from five disposals by Carlton. Not once were they pulled up.
It’s as if the umps are following rugby union in allowing “rolling mauls” where players simply pass the ball while either standing or laying head over the ball in a tackle.

Best to wake up Malcolm Blight to this.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerlee

Tiger Champion
Sep 24, 2005
Melbourne
Great win in the end. Great game also by Jack - Graham that is! He is so balanced and a hard nut. I love him

Conditions were terrible but we still found a way to win.

As much as I like Cripps, I hate how he has started to throw the ball a lot like Dangerfield and Ablett and the umpires just let it go because of who they are. it’s cheating, and umpires need to start penalising them.

Reactions: 2 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
It was truly like a rugby match out there at times. In a passage of play, I counted three throws from five disposals by Carlton. Not once were they pulled up.

Yep, K3
Thought I saw a lot of throws and just passing of the ball by hand rather than legitimate disposals.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Watch Bolton get dropped, crack the sh!ts and not sign.

If that's actually the case, then he doesn't fit into the club's ethos of no dickheads.
The young fella has got some great talent but if he's not willing to apply himself in a team-oriented way then he might be better off elsewhere.
That said, I do believe he would be crazy to leave RFC and his brothers.
Could end up being another Stengel if he's not careful.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Ross was cooked before the end of the third, they were running around him and he couldn't get onto the ball when put out in front of him.

Understandably hes underdone after injury.
Played half a VFL game in 3 months. Totally expected. Still surprised he played on that preparation. But they obviously want him in the team and he did okay.

Hopefully he’ll be better for the run but it’s a big ask against West Coast next week. I guess he has to keep playing to be fit for finals.

67 special

Tiger Matchwinner
May 12, 2009
Played half a VFL game in 3 months. Totally expected. Still surprised he played on that preparation. But they obviously want him in the team and he did okay.

Hopefully he’ll be better for the run but it’s a big ask against West Coast next week. I guess he has to keep playing to be fit for finals.
Thought Ross was great today - especially under the circumstances....but to come in and play like that first game back....fantastic! Credit to him and our development people.

Reactions: 2 users

Razorgang2

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 15, 2014
Shut up all of you, all of you. All of you. Yes the second half was crap. but make no mistake, we are still playing with the second tier team, meaning no Cotch, and Dusty,
so lets see what happens next week, before throwing the toys out hay!!

taraba

Eat em alive!!!
Jul 27, 2004
Planet Earth
If that's actually the case, then he doesn't fit into the club's ethos of no dickheads.
The young fella has got some great talent but if he's not willing to apply himself in a team-oriented way then he might be better off elsewhere.
That said, I do believe he would be crazy to leave RFC and his brothers.
Could end up being another Stengel if he's not careful.
Yeah I agree. I’m still not sold that he buys in 100% Talent is amazing but there’s just something I don’t quite trust about him. And that’s not even counting Ralph Carr. But what I originally said really would not surprise me.

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Blues always lift for us.
I'm just happy for the 4 points.
Bring on the eagles.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Everytime I come on here after a game I immediately roll my eyes. The same morons that don't go to games constantly whinging. Oh we were fumbly were we, did you know how heavy the frigging rain was?

Jack couldn't compete in the air could he, maybe wonder why that is and that he could do it at times (ie. when he kicked his goal in the last). I'll give you a hint, if Liam Jones wants a Richmond shirt that much he needs to go to the club shop. The amount of holding by both he and Weitering that went completely unpunished was ridiculous.

It was a scrappy game but pretty much the whole way through it was clear we were a lot better than them. Sure we tired a bit.

I saw things differently to those watching on TV, I felt Chol was actually pretty good, tried hard and competed well especially when the ball went to ground. Our smalls bar George and Baker were poor though.

Best on ground (for us) were clearly Edwards, Prestia, Vlastuin and Graham. Hard to pick the top 3 out of those 4.

Those claiming we should have flogged them / 10 goals, blah blah blah clearly have no idea. It was incredibly wet and Carlton are no easy beats any more.

Reactions: 10 users

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
Watch Bolton get dropped, crack the sh!ts and not sign.
Jeez, I hope not.
While there wasn’t a free against him in the first place, you cannot pillory him for having passion on such a day when the ball was always a hard get. And possibly a free kick to him in the first instance.

Gather round him. Give him the counselling to convince him that he didn’t take the best option.

And for all the critics, just remember it was a tough day out with most of the leadership group absent.

Take it as he will learn a lesson and have the jets fully burning when he really needs to deliver for the club in September.

Dusty is his mate!

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Jeez, I hope not.
While there wasn’t a free against him in the first place, you cannot pillory him for having passion on such a day when the ball was always a hard get. And possibly a free kick to him in the first instance.

Gather round him. Give him the counselling to convince him that he didn’t take the best option.

And for all the critics, just remember it was a tough day out with most of the leadership group absent.

Take it as he will learn a lesson and have the jets fully burning when he really needs to deliver for the club in September.

Dusty is his mate!

Dusty might well replace him. I actually thought he was pretty poor throughout the game. I wouldn't leave him out for the 100m penalty but 1 from the mid group will go and I felt he was the weakest,. Its possibly Rioli may go out but Bolton only played 68% game time too so potentially needs a rest anyway.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I thought the 100m against Bolton was utter crap. Some saying Shai was selfish and dumb. I call crap all round. He gets a high tackle against him, CRAP. He goes to protect the play on and gets pinged 50m, CRAP again. Cheatin’ Carltank player hits him in the guts and he reacts, maggot calls 100m to instill his arrogant school teacher dominance, CRAP. What **** in a game of AFL football. What about that **** with Curnow earlier, tackled twice and disposed of it incorrectly twice and called play on and then the *smile* want players to not get frustrated and act like school prefects. Really??!!

Nope, Shai *smile* up. Twice. Dumb football. Free kick was marginal but once it's called be professional and stand the mark. Once the 50 was given don't get sucked in again.

He's young, he'll learn but don't make excuses for him. Dimma's reaction in the box was instructive.

Reactions: 3 users