Game Day - Round 21 versus Carlton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Round 21 versus Carlton

The_Celebrant

Tiger Superstar
Aug 18, 2018
malemelbournecelebrant.net.au
I saw things differently to those watching on TV, I felt Chol was actually pretty good, tried hard and competed well especially when the ball went to ground.
Agreed, and this was clear from watching on TV, too. As soon as the ball hits the deck, he plays as a mid and can put some weight and force into his tackles.

Both he and Nank are good below the knees, and that's gold.

It's clear that Chol is working hard to implement what's being drummed into him during the week – staying in the contest, second and third efforts, get to the next contest.

Let me put it this way, he can do things in the wet Paddy Guinane could only dream of.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
Agreed, and this was clear from watching on TV, too. As soon as the ball hits the deck, he plays as a mid and can put some weight and force into his tackles.

Both he and Nank are good below the knees, and that's gold.

It's clear that Chol is working hard to implement what's being drummed into him during the week – staying in the contest, second and third efforts, get to the next contest.

Let me put it this way, he can do things in the wet Paddy Guinane could only dream of.
Oh dear Celebrant, you’re taking me back with that comment.
Would love to have a beer with you and discuss the essence of your comment. And I don’t think we would find too much disagreement.
Remember Frank Diamantina. Bloody Guinane as my father would’ve put it!

Reactions: 1 user

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
That was just fair dinkum crazy weather! Some solid footy, some standard one possession too many richmond forward thrusts, some crazy luck carlton bounces and frees... hard to pick a solid takeaway, there was some forward confusion on the deck and a couple of easy soccer off the deck goals left on the table.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Carlscum are a fair bit different since Teague took over from Chuckles. Always figured they'd hit back during the second half after the crap they dished out during the first half.
No Dusty. No Cotch. No Tross. Plus Nank n Ross coming back from long injury issues was always going to leave us exposed at some stage during the game. Frustrating game in the conditions, simply more than happy to bank a solid win.

Reactions: 1 users

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Baker? Had a very good game, not sure how he gets dropped before Short. Or Bolton. Or Caddy. Or Ross.

He'd be stiff no doubt. Just a matter of squeezing Cotch and Dusty in and 'team balance', I thought Castagna and Broad were generally poor but they will play next week. Baker might stay in place of Short but that's not how I read the MC.

We might even need another tall coz the little i saw of the WC game their talls were catching everything.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
BTW Rossy will be an important player from here on in.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Oh dear Celebrant, you’re taking me back with that comment.
Would love to have a beer with you and discuss the essence of your comment. And I don’t think we would find too much disagreement.
Remember Frank Diamantina. Bloody Guinane as my father would’ve put it!
Paddy was my hero until Royce came along, then i wiped him like a dirty arse;)