Game Day - Round 21 versus Carlton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Round 21 versus Carlton

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
They will come at us hard , just hope we are ready from the opening bounce , do not want a situation like north or the bulldogs where they catch us napping and get a jump .

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Looking at the rain map , think we might get some showers , but won’t persist down

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I'm more nervous now after seeing on paper their midfield vs ours. Cripps, Murphy and Curnow are going to dominate our midfield which is normally our Tier 2 midfield (No Cotchin or Dusty to steady the ship). This is not going to be an easy win if a win at all!

They'll get first use of the ball. Bugger bugger bugger.

We don't appear to have a player in who can turn the game in our favour when the opposition get their tails up. No one who can burst the game open for us.

Big big danger game!
Yep. No fancy football please Tiges.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
About to head in, checked the MCG parking situation, closed AGAIN. Are the council trying by stealth to remove MCG parking ?

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
About to head in, checked the MCG parking situation, closed AGAIN. Are the council trying by stealth to remove MCG parking ?
Where have you been in the last 10 years timmy? It's been going on for that long to protect that dry grass.

I can't believe the govt still couldn't build a decent car park for a big ground.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I'm more nervous now after seeing on paper their midfield vs ours. Cripps, Murphy and Curnow are going to dominate our midfield

Have you got a granddaughter could get you some MDMA '67?

Curnow is a steven sziller type and murphy is ancient.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Where have you been in the last 10 years timmy? It's been going on for that long to protect that dry grass.

I can't believe the govt still couldn't build a decent car park for a big ground.

I think there is also some issues surrounding security nowadays.
Everyone seems to get nervous about parked cars so close to the ground and with so many people about.
Such a shame where things have come to.
AFL and police would probably prefer that only players and club personnel park at the ground.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Why build a giant car park for a ground in between 2 railway stations with, what, 10 lines coming in. Plus a bus on Punt Rd (yeah, I know, I've used that bus when the train is not running), plus some trams?

I've never really understood why anyone would drive to the 'G, I suppose going there for years as a kid makes me biased, but I just wouldn't want to deal with the traffic.

I reckon we have to be on today but will win. Can't afford to lose really.

DS

Reactions: 2 users

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
I'm nervous every time we play Carlton. They were our nemesis during my formative years and I grew to dislike them intensely. Now I'm a lot older I don't dislike them nearly as much but I'm still very wary and know they would take great pleasure in knocking us out of the top four this afternoon.

With Dusty out my anxiety is greater. Who is going to go with Cripps now?

Will we be on our game without our star midfielder?

Are we in for a disappointing arvo as our guys are 5% off their game?

My weekend so far has been one of disappointment after disappointment.

Not the Tigers too!

I hate being in a funk!

Time for a bit of warm light to shine through this dismal weather. Carn the Tigers bring some sunshine into this/my weekend.
Perfect time for Caddy to show us he CAN play midfield.

Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004

I usually park in Cremorne st but thinking there’ll be a quiet crowd today I thought I’d try park at the G. Silly me...

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Why build a giant car park for a ground in between 2 railway stations with, what, 10 lines coming in. Plus a bus on Punt Rd (yeah, I know, I've used that bus when the train is not running), plus some trams?

I've never really understood why anyone would drive to the 'G, I suppose going there for years as a kid makes me biased, but I just wouldn't want to deal with the traffic.

DS
What suburb are you coming in from? I’m coming in from Officer and it adds hours to the tripswhen training it in.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
What suburb are you coming in from? I’m coming in from Officer and it adds hours to the trips when training it in.

Drive to a station on the way and park for free there. I can't see how bashing through the appalling traffic near the 'G on game day makes any sense. How long does it take for you to get out of the 'G and on to a freeway? Train from Officer wouldn't take much more than an hour would it? Isn't that on the Pakenham line?

As I said, I am biased, 15 minutes by train to Richmond, but with Melbourne traffic and you would be on one train to Richmond I really can't see how it would be slower and it certainly would not take hours. Officer to Richmond is 1 hour going by the timetable, seriously, how do you drive from there to Richmond, park, walk to the MCG in less time? The traffic near the MCG is generally so bad you waste 20 minutes just driving the last 1 KM.

DS

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Not confident at all today. Our greatest winning margin against this mob has been only 46pts rd 1 2017. Considering how pathetic they’ve been and how good we’ve been I’m shattered we haven’t smashed them by 100pts over that time. I’ve got Carlton in the same group as Geelong, bulldogs and north as sides who always give us trouble. Having said that, they haven’t beaten us since that infamous day back in 2013.
I reckon that sums up your posting. A side that hasnt beaten us for 6 years 'always give us trouble'??

Reactions: 1 user

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
The LAdder
Last 8 rounds only

Brisbane 8-0
Richmond 6-2
WCE. 6-2
Carlton 5-3
Western bullfrogs 5-3
Essendon 5-3
Geelong 4-4
Collingwood 4-4

GWS. 4-4
Adelaide 4-4
Hawks 4-4
Port 4-4
Freo 3-5
North 3-5
Stk. 3-5
Melbourne 2-6
Sydney 2-6
Suns 0-8

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Drive to a station on the way and park for free there. I can't see how bashing through the appalling traffic near the 'G on game day makes any sense. How long does it take for you to get out of the 'G and on to a freeway? Train from Officer wouldn't take much more than an hour would it? Isn't that on the Pakenham line?

As I said, I am biased, 15 minutes by train to Richmond, but with Melbourne traffic and you would be on one train to Richmond I really can't see how it would be slower and it certainly would not take hours. Officer to Richmond is 1 hour going by the timetable, seriously, how do you drive from there to Richmond, park, walk to the MCG in less time? The traffic near the MCG is generally so bad you waste 20 minutes just driving the last 1 KM.

DS
Well there you are, i left home at 1pm, 40 minutes drive to Cremorne st, 20 minutes walk to the G and im here seated by 2pm. Would never get that by train, id be at Caulfield by now.

I get that youd catch the train if it was only a 15 minute train ride.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

DS

Lots of people come from suburbs with no rail lines or useless rail line as we STILL have in this city. I go through Metro's rubbish day in day out with work. Imagine 10's of thousands of footy fans stranded in the city if this happened. Overall, huge traffic has been driving to the city for decades. It was probably a mistake to build the G or the CBD too close to each other.