Game Day - Round 21 versus Carlton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Round 21 versus Carlton

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Looking forward to watching today's game.
Hoping Carlton throw everything at Richmond and give it their best shot.
Things starting to come together well for Tigers
Expecting Tigers to assert themselves today.
Richmond by 33 points

Reactions: 1 users

OldTiger1967

Tiger Rookie
Jun 3, 2017
I'm nervous every time we play Carlton. They were our nemesis during my formative years and I grew to dislike them intensely. Now I'm a lot older I don't dislike them nearly as much but I'm still very wary and know they would take great pleasure in knocking us out of the top four this afternoon.

With Dusty out my anxiety is greater. Who is going to go with Cripps now?

Will we be on our game without our star midfielder?

Are we in for a disappointing arvo as our guys are 5% off their game?

My weekend so far has been one of disappointment after disappointment.

Not the Tigers too!

I hate being in a funk!

Time for a bit of warm light to shine through this dismal weather. Carn the Tigers bring some sunshine into this/my weekend.

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
I'm nervous every time we play Carlton. They were our nemesis during my formative years and I grew to dislike them intensely. Now I'm a lot older I don't dislike them nearly as much but I'm still very wary and know they would take great pleasure in knocking us out of the top four this afternoon.

Not the Tigers too!

I hate being in a funk!

Time for a bit of warm light to shine through this dismal weather. Carn the Tigers bring some sunshine into this/my weekend.
What are the likely match conditions, weather wise?

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
What are the likely match conditions, weather wise?
Just looked, rain off and on through the day , may get some heavy stuff before the game , odds of that less likely through the game

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
Going to be a cold one today All aboard the Tiger Train to the G a win by 46 points going with 3 Carlton mates will be giving it to them all day

Birdman19

Plodder
Apr 16, 2009
Time to reclaim our spot in the top 4. ( Although if we finish 5th if gives us more opportunities to get Cotch, Nank, JRoss, and Pickett up to match speed). Tiges to win by 25pts

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
With such horrible weather our gate sharing agreement with the Visy Blue Buys will work in our favour today.

I’m looking for our small forwards to feed off Lynch and Jack and be the difference in a win for us today.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
With such horrible weather our gate sharing agreement with the Visy Blue Buys will work in our favour today.

I’m looking for our small forwards to feed off Lynch and Jack and be the difference in a win for us today.
I thought the Blues pulled out of that MB ?

Feeling Tigerish

Tiger Champion
Apr 11, 2009
Not confident at all today. Our greatest winning margin against this mob has been only 46pts rd 1 2017. Considering how pathetic they’ve been and how good we’ve been I’m shattered we haven’t smashed them by 100pts over that time. I’ve got Carlton in the same group as Geelong, bulldogs and north as sides who always give us trouble. Having said that, they haven’t beaten us since that infamous day back in 2013.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
I thought the Blues pulled out of that MB ?

Brought it back start of last season. 10 year agreement. At the time I didn’t like it. But I have eased on that stance today.

Reactions: 1 user

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Earlier in the season much was made about the lack of availability of the “big 4”. Today we have only one playing in Jack but it hardly gets a mention. It should be a massive hole left by Rance, Martin and Cotchin.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012

Not the Tigers too!

I hate being in a funk!

Hey, Old Tiger ... chin up .... reckon Richmond will bring a smile to your face today.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Tigers by 38

Marlion Pickett 28 disposals 3 goals and 3 brownlow votes

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Brought it back start of last season. 10 year agreement. At the time I didn’t like it. But I have eased on that stance today.
Yep gate share, In the event that the clubs play each other only once in an AFL season the clubs have agreed on a fixed-fee return for the away team.

OldTiger1967

Tiger Rookie
Jun 3, 2017
I'm more nervous now after seeing on paper their midfield vs ours. Cripps, Murphy and Curnow are going to dominate our midfield which is normally our Tier 2 midfield (No Cotchin or Dusty to steady the ship). This is not going to be an easy win if a win at all!

They'll get first use of the ball. Bugger bugger bugger.

We don't appear to have a player in who can turn the game in our favour when the opposition get their tails up. No one who can burst the game open for us.

Big big danger game!

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
I'm more nervous now after seeing on paper their midfield vs ours. Cripps, Murphy and Curnow are going to dominate our midfield which is normally our Tier 2 midfield (No Cotchin or Dusty to steady the ship). This is not going to be an easy win if a win at all!

They'll get first use of the ball. Bugger bugger bugger.

We don't appear to have a player in who can turn the game in our favour when the opposition get their tails up. No one who can burst the game open for us.

Big big danger game!

It will be a mighty team effort that does the trick for the Tigers today.
Lynch will snag a few but it will be all about an even contribution across the ground from the 22.
For some reason, which I can't fathom, I am expecting Ellis to put in a strong performance today.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Earlier in the season much was made about the lack of availability of the “big 4”. Today we have only one playing in Jack but it hardly gets a mention. It should be a massive hole left by Rance, Martin and Cotchin.
It is, but because we’ve gone most of the season without Rance, and missed Cotchin for large chunks, and still win, it’s not as big a story. Mind you if it was Collingwood and not us, we’d hear all about it repeatedly.