Game Day - Round 21 versus Carlton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Round 21 versus Carlton

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Dont forget the esteemed chief of whatever at the Hun. he will surely enter the journo hall of fame one day.
Head Moron, Brodders. Trump is president, Scummo PM and Slobbo chief footy writer. What a world we live in. A fat idiot's paradise.

Reactions: 1 user

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Not sure if anyone reads sports papers anymore but I still read The Age & have been disappointed in the standard of match reporting this year. Daniel Cherney did our game Sunday and he could not find a spot for Nick Vlastuin in the tigers best. He named 7 players in front of him including Astbury & Ellis. You could not have watched that game and not noted Vlas as the best tigers defender on the day. I can see how you could find Graham/Prestia/Edwards in the best 3 but Vlastuin is easily the next best in that case.

I'm not sure the journo's doing the match reports actually watch the games.
Really agree with you. Floss was superb, as he usually is. I definitely still like to follow the media coverage and, truly, the standard has really slipped. FYI, in the Hun match report by Jay Clark, he did get it closer including Graham, Prestia, Edwards, VLASTUIN, Ellis and Lambert.

Not so sure about Ellis.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Les was great. McFarline was testy, but you knew where he stood. Jack Fingleton had a way with words. Ron Carter. Martin Flanagan. Brent Croswell was a ripper. Greg Baum doesn't do reporting anymore, just the odd pontification. Richard Hinds' head disappeared up his own arse. Jake Niall is a dope. The Hun pack are morons.

We've never had a Damon Runyon, except in these pages.

Apt comment. Baum still comes up with some good comment pieces and don't forget Caroline - dubious football knowledge but at least she calls out anyway she sees as deserving a serve and is one of the few journos who will represent the interests or perspective of RFC, even if only mildly.

So much 'reporting' is now done by young, inexperienced and not highly literate young journos on basic wages, across the whole spectrum of articles and fields. Saving $$.

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Not sure if anyone reads sports papers anymore but I still read The Age & have been disappointed in the standard of match reporting this year. Daniel Cherney did our game Sunday and he could not find a spot for Nick Vlastuin in the tigers best. He named 7 players in front of him including Astbury & Ellis. You could not have watched that game and not noted Vlas as the best tigers defender on the day. I can see how you could find Graham/Prestia/Edwards in the best 3 but Vlastuin is easily the next best in that case.

I'm not sure the journo's doing the match reports actually watch the games.

Wow, I thought it was evident who our best 4 were, I thought there was daylight to 5th. Obviously people see it different and each persons Top 4 may have been a bit different but those 4 (Edwards, Prestia, Graham and Vlastuin) were head and shoulders above the rest of the team on Sunday.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Apt comment. Baum still comes up with some good comment pieces and don't forget Caroline - dubious football knowledge but at least she calls out anyway she sees as deserving a serve and is one of the few journos who will represent the interests or perspective of RFC, even if only mildly.

So much 'reporting' is now done by young, inexperienced and not highly literate young journos on basic wages, across the whole spectrum of articles and fields. Saving $$.

Ross Lyon put it well yesterday, said its about the thirst to be first, click bait journalism. Rigour & integrity are disappearing. He's right.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Where have you been in the last 10 years timmy? It's been going on for that long to protect that dry grass.

I can't believe the govt still couldn't build a decent car park for a big ground.
Article about the MCG parking:

Dwindling revenue from carparking outside the MCG has left a shortfall of funds used to maintain lawns, paths, lighting, waste and water management at Yarra Park.
The Andrews Government and the Melbourne Cricket Club will be asked to support the upkeep of the park outside the home of Australian sport following a dip in revenue linked to anti-terror security upgrades.
Parking revenue has halved since strict security measures were introduced to combat the threat of vehicle-borne terror attacks.
MCG Trust chair Steve Bracks said parking revenue had fallen from $2.25 million in 2015-16 to a forecast $1.1 million in 2019-20.