Game Day - Round 4 - Richmond v Geelong | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Round 4 - Richmond v Geelong

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Girls showing some fight. It'd be something special to come back and win it in the last.

Be nice to see the girls rough up whoever it was that flattened Brennan on the siren.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
The Richmond players really need to get a lot better at gathering the ball. It really is one of the big reasons why the game gets scrappy, having to constantly have 2 attempts to gather the ball means you are just going to get tackled every time. It is getting better and I figure they must be working on this but huge scope for improvement there.

Huge scope for improvement in the umpiring too, but I can't see that happening.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
The inconsistency between the umpires was ridiculous. One of the muppets had no clue.
A vast improvement from the first game.

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
Visiting home today after the Bushfire game so went and watched the game live.

Really impressed with the game as a package, skills and physicality were very good. Anyone whinging about the standard is very hard to please.

I'm probably infamous on here for providing some balance to views on umpiring but have to agree. It was a technically terrible performance.

One thing that really surprised me was finding they had at least one young umpire from the local Bendigo Umpires Association doing the game. They were doing some sort of quarter by quarter rotation at at times had 4 central umpires out which created a technical mess.

I'm sure the young lady umpiring has great potential but by her signalling and positioning she is far from ready for higher level football. (You may have noticed a holding the ball early in the second term in the centre of the ground. She called holding the ball and then there was total confusion over who was taking the kick, looked like she was balling it up before she handed it to a random Geelong player to take the kick.

She made a similar blue in the third term that gave us a goal.

There's no way that would happen in the AFL, even at Marsh Cup level there is no way a local kid would be sent out to central umpire. The women deserve more respect for mine.
I didn't see the game, just the highlights.
But did we actually give away three 50's in D50 for three goals to them in Q2?
Which was basically the difference in the outcome?
And would make the third game in a row that the tam has given away unneccesary and silly 50's that have cost us goals?!
Get a grip girls.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
50m penalty for the AFLW is just stupid when their average kicking distance is 30 to 40m

Reactions: 1 user