GAME DAY SEMI THREAD - Tiger vs Saints | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY SEMI THREAD - Tiger vs Saints

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
While I can’t predict the exact outcome, I just think If we can’t beat st kilda we are nowhere near premiership material anyway because I’m pretty certain they won’t win it .

Reactions: 3 users

Jetboy

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2010
Melbourne.....sometimes Broome
Mental focus is our Achilles heal. Last week whilst still staying in touch with the lions we looked mentally flat in the 2nd half, and our pessure game was affected accordingly.

My fear is that this happens again tonight.

Our guys (like St Kilda) have been couped up in a hub for months now and the team that handles that better mentally will prevail tonight.

The loser tonight gets to go home - and I'm betting that to some players that is really not a loss.
The thought of some players taking it as a fast track home did cross my mind,
However, on reflection, I reckon this would have been touched on, and I’m sure the players would now have the mindset that they have put up with all this hub drama for months, and that they refuse to go home with nothing.
I’m sure they would all be itching to get home, but now that the end is near, I reckon they are of the belief that a homecoming with a big silver cup would be much more rewarding for their efforts

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I like the inclusion of Broad, it gives us the option of moving Balta forward at some stage, or even starting him forward.
A much better balanced side than last week, Tigers by 25 points.

Reactions: 2 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
*smile*, I was confident until Barrett wrote this:

IF ...​

the 2020 season has been a very good one for the Saints, with a sixth place on the ladder and a finals win ...

THEN ...​

it nevertheless will come to an end against Richmond. Would've loved to have seen what they might have been able to achieve with Ryder, Carlisle and Long.

• Wow

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
*smile*, I was confident until Barrett wrote this:

IF ...​

the 2020 season has been a very good one for the Saints, with a sixth place on the ladder and a finals win ...

THEN ...​

it nevertheless will come to an end against Richmond. Would've loved to have seen what they might have been able to achieve with Ryder, Carlisle and Long.

This Long is certainly getting some air time.

tigermouseau

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
The thought of some players taking it as a fast track home did cross my mind,
However, on reflection, I reckon this would have been touched on, and I’m sure the players would now have the mindset that they have put up with all this hub drama for months, and that they refuse to go home with nothing.
I’m sure they would all be itching to get home, but now that the end is near, I reckon they are of the belief that a homecoming with a big silver cup would be much more rewarding for their efforts
I don’t think they will be eager to get back to locked down Victoria. I thought many players had requested to stay on in Qld after their season was finished to have a holiday without our restrictions.

Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I don’t think they will be eager to get back to locked down Victoria. I thought many players had requested to stay on in Qld after their season was finished to have a holiday without our restrictions.
Yeah, why would anyone come back to these restrictions in this weather is beyond me.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Not sure why we are bothering to turn up. According to the media everyone has worked out how to beat us.

• Haha

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Need to make it a contested game. Look how uncontested their game was last week. They are best when they can move the ball at speed outside of congestion but that isn't finals footy. Most of us watching the game last week noted that their final didn't really resemble a finals like intensity and the stats are there for all to see. Keep it congested and use our forward handball to get our speed game going and we will win comfortably, if they get the game on their terms then we need to defend exceptionally well if we are to win.

1602200522931.png

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Taking Mrs EZ along for her first tiger final tonight, along with EZJ.

No where near as nervy as last week. last week I was 8/10, this week 4/10.

Tigers by 34. $hai kicks 5, but 1 is auto review downgraded as the snicko picks up a bee's *smile* brushing the post as the ball sails through the middle

Ezy's back!!

Border crossing change came at just the right time for you, so good to hear.

My 2 boys and I will be there too, lets hope we all leave happy

@BrisTiger24 going too?

• Love

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Ezy's back!!

Border crossing change came at just the right time for you, so good to hear.

My 2 boys and I will be there too, lets hope we all leave happy

@BrisTiger24 going too?
getting my Visas as we speak Mopsy.

can't wait.

ts *smile* humid 100km south of Metricon

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Need to be switched on right from go.Get the game on our terms and discipline display.To many un tigers things last week crept in .Pressure and tackling super important the ball carrier and forward line and midfield needs to do there part.Take our chance when dominating super important and delivery in 50 needs to be spot on.Cannot have passengers tonight need 22 firing.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
And 100km north too.

Gunna be a very mild evening.

we are up to 'X' Qld visas (to the uninitiated, you go online, tick a box to say you can still smell coffee, and you print out a A4 letter to blueback on your windscreen)

we started on 'A''s back in April, suggesting Paluscheque has made 24 changes?

Im hoping by the time I try get a GF visa, it'll be an 'RFC20' form

• Haha

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
It probably will be consistent. Consistent with last weeks umpiring.

I think Richmond V Lions would be the AFL's dream scenario GF.

I dont expect to get as shafted tonight.

how could we?