GAME DAY SEMI THREAD - Tiger vs Saints | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY SEMI THREAD - Tiger vs Saints

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
We can win this but only if we bring a finals game. Must ramp up the pressure, must make it more congested. Carrara might help as a little narrower than the MCG and virtually the same length, in fact so similar it isn't funny (GABBA also very similar in size).

After last week I reckon true finals pressure can expose StKilda. They are good but I don't think they are a genuine contender yet, bit like Brisbane last year. If StKilda improve a little and get some finals experience now they could be contenders over the next few years. Given their paltry record over the last 123 years I wouldn't begrudge them a chance at glory, just not while we're up there and certainly not tonight.

DS

Reactions: 3 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I think Richmond V Lions would be the AFL's dream scenario GF.

I dont expect to get as shafted tonight.

how could we?

AFL wouldn't care. They know we can get shafted again tonight but still win convincingly. We've been doing it for 4 seasons now.

Reactions: 1 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Need to be switched on right from go.Get the game on our terms and discipline display.To many un tigers things last week crept in .Pressure and tackling super important the ball carrier and forward line and midfield needs to do there part.Take our chance when dominating super important and delivery in 50 needs to be spot on.Cannot have passengers tonight need 22 firing.
Certainly on watching the replay again last night ( had to put myself through that pain ) there were some very ‘unRichmond’ type things I saw & crept in.
We look mentally & physically shot in that third quarter. We looked slow.
BE SWITCHED ON

Reactions: 1 user

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW
And 100km north too.

Gunna be a very mild evening.
I am still in the ' virus' bubble of Nrth NSW!, according to the QLD premier
its killing me
cant get there

thinking of taking a boat trip north grand final eve ...........

I will get there .somehow!!

so close i can smell it!!

Reactions: 2 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Need to make it a contested game. Look how uncontested their game was last week. They are best when they can move the ball at speed outside of congestion but that isn't finals footy. Most of us watching the game last week noted that their final didn't really resemble a finals like intensity and the stats are there for all to see. Keep it congested and use our forward handball to get our speed game going and we will win comfortably, if they get the game on their terms then we need to defend exceptionally well if we are to win.

View attachment 10694
Might have been Harry that said it but it really was one of the most bruise free finals in recent memory

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
I am still in the ' virus' bubble of Nrth NSW!, according to the QLD premier
its killing me
cant get there

thinking of taking a boat trip north grand final eve ...........

I will get there .somehow!!

so close i can smell it!!

Its bloody tough for those just over the border.

Once in a lifetime opportunity us northerners have, to miss out because of the location of the Tweed is just rotten luck.

Fingers crossed for a favourable change so more of our Tiger brothers and sisters get to hopefully see us on GF Day!

DragaTheCro

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2004
This is what I fear the most, going out in straight sets!

How deflating would that be?

One for LTRTR. When was the last time a Tiger team did this?
We don’t do straight sets. We ain’t the Handbaggers!

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I don't have a semi, but I'm still pretty excited. Tiges by 6 goals.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Stoobes

Tiger Rookie
May 24, 2005
Have heard a few people, including Saints fans, say they have a good record against us. They don't.
Since 2010 they have beaten us 3 times from 14 games, 2 wins from 6 since 2017.
It might be as in the 2 wins they weren't the bookies favourite but give me a 66% strike rate any day.

Yes they've improved but IMO they have the worst defense of the top 8 teams and are now down a key defender.
They beat teams by moving quick, spreading, and getting behind defenses.
We have a stacked defense, the best it's bean all year. We have also strengthened the forward line.
Make it a contested game with consistent tackle pressure and they won't know what hit them.

Reactions: 3 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Everytime I've watched Stk this year I've thought geez they have improved. Sometimes they look spectacular. We would wanna be switched on tonight. (But I really have one eye on next week.)

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Expecting the saints to do a Brisbane and try to get under our skins.
That''s certain. Lonie chief among them for sure. I can't stand that little flog. One of the greatest stagers in the AFL and always gets away with it to get an easy goal or two. Watch for his niggle, duck and stage tactics. Cotchin et al have a bad history of falling for his antics. Strange how umps can never spot it!

Last edited:

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
AFL wouldn't care. They know we can get shafted again tonight but still win convincingly. We've been doing it for 4 seasons now.
But not last week. There has been considerable effort put into working us out - naturally by the clubs coaching teams, but assisted by the media too (but most are useless) - and assisted by the slanted umpiring, it can be enough.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Incredible to think that in a few hours the season could be over or we could be of to a prelim

• Sad

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
It probably will be consistent. Consistent with last weeks umpiring.
Try all 2020 and prior 3 years as well. Now there's consistency. There's many articles posted on the other relevant threads with the statistical proof.