GAME DAY SEMI THREAD - Tiger vs Saints | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY SEMI THREAD - Tiger vs Saints

spook

Tiger Legend
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Interesting call that. When the lockdown started, I began watching all H&A games from the past three years and I am in late 2018. I reckon until three-quarter time in the Geelong game in Round 20, we were better then than at a similar stage in 2017 and 2019. Try to ignore the fact that we won flags in those years and compare how you thought we were going at the time. We were untouchable for most of 2018 and the real interesting thing is to hear the glowing terms that normally Richmond-hating commentators were using to describe us.
You're at the point we started to play self-preservation footy. Cats nearly ran us down after we racked the cue.

forgot I predicted this. worth a self quote no?
I tipped us by 6 goals. I blame that thug Lynch.

One other interesting aspect of our games lately. We seem to want to win it in the middle more at the moment. Centre clearances becoming more a part of our strategy? Not entirely sure but that was the main reason Port beat us last time. We'll see.

Also, don't see the parallel with 2018. We were not getting challenged, winning games we barely deserved to win, had a too easy opponent in Hawthorn in the QF. We were not playing well but kept winning so when a team came along who were playing well we didn't go up a gear. This year we are not playing great but we know it and are getting better, we know the pressure is not high enough we know there is another gear we need to hit. When you win every week not playing your best I reckon it is harder to go up a gear.

DS
Centre clearances very important at AO and Gabba.

DavidSSS

Tiger Champion
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
No, he clearly kicked the ball before the siren went. Was in midair as it sounded. There was an issue with it going after the clock expired though.

All I remember is watching the game last night. In real time it was very hard to tell, but I distinctly remember the siren going as he kicked it on the replay.

Didn't notice the clock at all.

At the end of the day the siren is not the end of the quarter so a moot point anyway.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

Tigeronprowl

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Dec 30, 2002
Prestia is the key to get into top gear. 2 games under his belt now so hopefully his next 2 weeks will be standouts. Started to get his mojo back this week. Typical Prestia goal and started to twist, turn and explode from packs.

Reactions: 3 users

antman

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
All I remember is watching the game last night. In real time it was very hard to tell, but I distinctly remember the siren going as he kicked it on the replay.

At the end of the day the siren is not the end of the quarter so a moot point anyway.

DS

It's when the umpires hear the siren and signal the end of the quarter. The ump actually explained this to Dylan Grimes at the time IIRC.

Reactions: 2 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
melbourne, victoria
It's when the umpires hear the siren and signal the end of the quarter. The ump actually explained this to Dylan Grimes at the time IIRC.
Remember ‘siren gate’?
That wasn’t as bad as that but if that was the last kick in the semi and Butler kicked the goal’ would Dimma run out on the ground??

True it is ‘when the umpire hears it’ but it was close.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008

DS
in real time i thought the siren had gone, but on the replay i reckon he clearly kicked it. the countdown clock disappears with maybe 3 sec to go, so it feels like the siren should have gone, but it hadnt.

Reactions: 1 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Can anyone who was at the game tell me how we used our 8 backs?
Obviously DTLD, and the Balta did a little rucking, but i reckon Nank still did most.
I didnt notice any of the 8 anywhere else on the field, besides that bit of rucking.
Did they just rotate off the bench more? (we did seem to have 2 backs on the bench often.)

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
in real time i thought the siren had gone, but on the replay i reckon he clearly kicked it. the countdown clock disappears with maybe 3 sec to go, so it feels like the siren should have gone, but it hadnt.
I think he kicked just as they blew the whistle. I suspect if it had been us kicking the goal they would have said the siren beat the kick.

Reactions: 1 user

antman

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I think he kicked just as they blew the whistle. I suspect if it had been us kicking the goal they would have said the siren beat the kick.

Blew the siren you mean? Anyway, I watched it again and I was wr wr wro mistaken. Siren definitely goes at or slightly before he kicks it.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Blew the siren you mean? Anyway, I watched it again and I was wr wr wro mistaken. Siren definitely goes at or slightly before he kicks it.
You weren't as right as you normally are :)

Reactions: 1 user

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
When I watched the game on Friday my initial thoughts were that we were scratchy and will have real trouble with Port.

After watching the replay and giving it some further thought I think we're right in it.
Our defence is very solid and having Broad back in gives us more options (as well as his hardness).
I'd give DTLD the job on Dixon and release Balta to relief ruck. His mobility is a real asset.
Lynch back in crashing packs, and won't kick as badly next week. Conditions will be better.
Our mids are miles better than what we dished up against Port last time. Prestia hitting his straps nicely.
Last time we flew in on the day! Probably contributed to our last quarter. This time we're going the day before.
We gave away silly 50m frees against Port. We were sucked in against the Lions. Much better against the Saints. Port will try and get under our skin again but Dimma will be in their ear again this week.

Bring the heat and we are a massive chance.

Reactions: 7 users