GAME DAY SEMI THREAD - Tiger vs Saints | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY SEMI THREAD - Tiger vs Saints

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
There are many questions today, will we be switched on? Who wants it more... so nervous and don't think I will be doing much work today.

Tiges by 22pt, George to kick 3 goals.

Reactions: 1 users

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
I’m gonna find it hard to watch. I hate the Aints passionately and feel physically sick at the thought of losing.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
I’m gonna find it hard to watch. I hate the Aints passionately and feel physically sick at the thought of losing.
Same, they have had our measure in the past and lift when they play us.

Reactions: 1 users

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
They seem to fit into that same category with north and Melbourne, who hate us with a passion, and it goes under our radar a bit because we are busier hating on Essendon , Carlton and Collingwood .

They will throw everything at us , Must not let them get away early , I believe we will break them down with hard finals contested footy .

Reactions: 3 users

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
Tiges by 30. Not feeling any nerves - we play well and beat them handily or we don't and go out in straight sets - which would simply mean we are not good enough this year. Confident it will be the former.

Reactions: 7 users

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
They will throw everything at us , Must not let them get away early , I believe we will break them down with hard finals contested footy .
I felt the same last week; that taught me a lesson about feeling confident about a finals game where I now understand that anything can happen.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I felt the same last week; that taught me a lesson about feeling confident about a finals game where I now understand that anything can happen.

Dont let them get a lead.
16 minutes qtrs dont allow for come backs.
We couldn't play any worse from last week, but we still have Houli, Nakas & Astbury out of form,
Prestia under done and lets not forget the 2 super boots in Flappers & Pickett aka Rubber legs.
I'm a Betting man and im not confident.
This is Hardwick of 2013, Rushiing back Conca and Griffens part 2.
No need for Houli tonight, Markov shouldve been Playing.
Prestia, 50-50 call
Astbury, no way, if its good enough for Caddy to not get a game.
And we copped it when Soldo got injuried because Nakas has been hopless.

Jetboy

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2010
Melbourne.....sometimes Broome
There’s only two sure things that will happen tonight:
1/ A truly sickening biased commentary towards the Aints......it will rival that deplorable effort against Port
2/ Pineapples will be hard to find in the Gold Coast today because the AFL would have scooped them all up and given them to the Umpiring department as tools of trade against our players tonight

Reactions: 4 users

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
Dont let them get a lead.
16 minutes qtrs dont allow for come backs.
We couldn't play any worse from last week, but we still have Houli, Nakas & Astbury out of form,
Prestia under done and lets not forget the 2 super boots in Flappers & Pickett aka Rubber legs.
I'm a Betting man and im not confident.
This is Hardwick of 2013, Rushiing back Conca and Griffens part 2.
No need for Houli tonight, Markov shouldve been Playing.
Prestia, 50-50 call
Astbury, no way, if its good enough for Caddy to not get a game.
And we copped it when Soldo got injuried because Nakas has been hopless.
I cant’t say I disagree with a lot of your points; however it’s definitely the glass half empty and about to be thrown out the window of a speeding vehicle version of events; I sincerely hope you’re wrong.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Expecting the saints to do a Brisbane and try to get under our skins.

Reactions: 2 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
If we can’t beat st Kilda, a middling side, with 3 considerable outs this week then we have no right being there.

I expect us to make a statement tonight.

• Love
Reactions: 18 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
At the end of the match we'll be the undisputed favourites for the Premiership. and talk will start about what Port will have to do to try to beat us.

We don't *smile* up like we did last week 2 weeks in a row.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Expecting the saints to do a Brisbane and try to get under our skins.

Copy cats.
Its all media *smile*. You don't think Robbo and Parrott are hoping Stkilda win.
So they can continue with there constant slagging of our club.
The umpires will bend us over

OldTiger1967

Tiger Rookie
Jun 3, 2017
Mental focus is our Achilles heal. Last week whilst still staying in touch with the lions we looked mentally flat in the 2nd half, and our pessure game was affected accordingly.

My fear is that this happens again tonight.

Our guys (like St Kilda) have been couped up in a hub for months now and the team that handles that better mentally will prevail tonight.

The loser tonight gets to go home - and I'm betting that to some players that is really not a loss.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Same, they have had our measure in the past and lift when they play us.
Ratten’s record against Damien
7-0

But just like our record against the Lions was what 15-0.?

I look at it this way.

Record vs either side since 2017 is what is more relevant in my eyes.

-Nervous.
-Sick in the stomach ( again ) as last week.
-With the Saints outs & Lynch back will straighten us up. We are now a 5 goal better side . We are + 5 taking into consideration their outs and our ins.
- No guarantees
- Our hunger. Is it still there?
-Their speed concerns me.
-Got to keep it contested game. Tough. Finals type pressure. Can’t allow them outside run and play not accountable game.
-Stop their intercept marking and hopefully with Lynch back it will not be easy.
-Our connection with our backs needs to be tweaked a little and hopefully with the ‘band ‘ back this will help.
-Utilise Balta’s strength & versatility. Could cause the Saints some problems if the kid is focused and not fused if he is moved from the backs..
-Dusty has to fire. Even start him one out FF from the start. Clear the 50 out. Apply the pressure to Saints from the outset. They may not expect it at the start. Tough call.
-The Captain is our barometer . If he is at his ‘hunting’ ‘hurting’ best we will win.
-If we just bomb it we will struggle somewhat.
-Stop Butler. Can not let him get those goals ‘out the back’ and utilise his speed. Grimes needs to stay deep. If Butler goes up the ground either Baker or Short go to him with specific instructions to make it bloody hard and physical for Butler.
-Nank has to nullify their ruck(s) and not handball but kick the ‘thing’.
-Play physical , tough football and not give away undisciplined, unnecessary 50 metre penalties. Play to the whistle cause I guarantee you being the first final , the umpires will be ‘hot’ on us and will be on the lookout for anything we do.
-Our wingers cannot allow theirs to run and carry the ball and dominate us. Break even or be in front of the ledger, we win.
-Memberey loves playing against the Tigers & King looked likely last week in his first final. These two need to respected and plans in place if they start to dominate. We have to be at our ‘best’ to nullify these plus their smalls. Got to get our + 1 to help each other out.
-Clean up our disposal around the ground. Honour the lead. Lower the eyes.
-Our smalls are going to have to contribute not only on the scoreboard but in all facets of our Tiger trademark game. Shai to play more forward alternating with Edwards in the midfield/forward.

Tigers 30 pts

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Taking Mrs EZ along for her first tiger final tonight, along with EZJ.

No where near as nervy as last week. last week I was 8/10, this week 4/10.

Tigers by 34. $hai kicks 5, but 1 is auto review downgraded as the snicko picks up a bee's *smile* brushing the post as the ball sails through the middle

• Love
Reactions: 10 users