Game day thread - r22: 2019 WCE (MCG) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game day thread - r22: 2019 WCE (MCG)

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Who played on Petrucelle? Only had 6 touches.

His own Shadow.
What a cat.
You cant run like a road runner when its pissing down and the ball is like a cake of soap.
As expected Rioli was he playing after half time?
Only Collingwood make Fat ass Darling look good
Kennedy is cooked
Hickey made soldo look like Gawn
Barass. What a dud.
Shuey. Spend all day playing for free kicks.

West coast looked like a team that haven't seen rain and felt the cold Antarctic winds we get every winter.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Something small but lion-hearted i’d like to point out from the game.

That car crash collision that left darling rattled for the rest of the game.

Baker, bloody hell, he just ran back into that pack with no regard for personal safety.

It was one of the more courageous things I’ve seen on the footy field this year. Hats off to you, young man.
Yep it was brilliant stuff from Baker. And he got a free kick from it paid against Darling.

Yet all the peanut commentators could talk about was big brave Darling. :rolleyes:

FFS not one word about how courageous Baker was.

Reactions: 1 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Yep it was brilliant stuff from Baker. And he got a free kick from it paid against Darling.

Yet all the peanut commentators could talk about was big brave Darling. :rolleyes:

FFS not one word about how courageous Baker was.

Understand your angst, Rids. But you can be sure that in the review of the game on Monday the coaches and the players will be highlighting and high-fiving that monumental effort. Bakes earned everyone's respect and admiration with that fearless effort. Just the sort of tenacity that wins teams grand finals.
Full respect to Bakes.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
They played Hawthorn in similar conditions and just got over the top. Much better suited on dry, fast grounds.

Big up tick of rainfall in Sept & October. Start the rain dances now.

YearlyTemp ( °C)Rainfall
Average DailyAverage Monthly
MonthMaxMininmm
January26141.847
February26151.948
March24132.050
April20112.257
May1792.256
June1472.050
July1461.948
August1572.050
September1782.358
October20102.666
November22112.460
December24132.359

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Like previous weeks, the Tigers dominated periods of yesterday's game. From about 3 minutes to go in the fist quarter to approximately half way through the last West Coast only kicked 2 goals. I love the way we're playing atm, the only thing letting us down is our conversion rate. We left many pretty easy goals on the table and the contest should have been over well before that final siren.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Like previous weeks, the Tigers dominated periods of yesterday's game. From about 3 minutes to go in the fist quarter to approximately half way through the last West Coast only kicked 2 goals. I love the way we're playing atm, the only thing letting us down is our conversion rate. We left many pretty easy goals on the table and the contest should have been over well before that final siren.
Particularly the lazy kick by Castanza. Not sure what was going through his head

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Was listening to SEN on my way to work this morning. Did I hear right? Kermit said he would have liked to have seen the result that would have occurred if the rain had stayed away. In effect insinuating that West Coast owned the dry part of the game and we owned the wet. Also said the first quarter by West Coast was the best footy any team has played all year.

My view is that we were poor defensively in the first quarter (yes they looked good but we made them look good) and, after quarter time we adjusted our defensive structure which strangled them (initially in the dry and then in the wet). Not enough credence given to our defensive game IMO.

Reactions: 6 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Yeah the wet weather thing yesterday is a bit of a misnomer. We had already well and truly gained the ascendancy before the rains came.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Was listening to SEN on my way to work this morning. Did I hear right? Kermit said he would have liked to have seen the result that would have occurred if the rain had stayed away. In effect insinuating that West Coast owned the dry part of the game and we owned the wet. Also said the first quarter by West Coast was the best footy any team has played all year.

My view is that we were poor defensively in the first quarter (yes they looked good but we made them look good) and, after quarter time we adjusted our defensive structure which strangled them (initially in the dry and then in the wet). Not enough credence given to our defensive game IMO.

As my previous post in AFL360, another good reason to watch Kermit and Pricky hold hands tonight.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003

Mince Whateley is a poncey little sook. We were as dominant in the dry conditions of the second quarter as the Eagles were in the first. We just didn't convert that dominance to the scoreboard. If Castagna and Riewoldt kick simple goals that you'd expect an under 14 to kick then we are in front at half time. Not to mention the Soldo mark not paid 15 metres out dead in front. Or the *smile* studs up decision against Jack that stripped us of a set shot 30 metres out dead in front.

We dominated them after quarter time; wet or dry.

Reactions: 5 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Reading some serious delusional rubbish from Eagles supporters on BF.

Umpires robbed them :rotfl2:rotfl2The irony of Eagles supporters complaining about umpires :rolleyes:

But if there are any reading just a reminder of what happened yesterday:

Darling soft ruck free for goal in first quarter.
Willie Rioli gets a mind boggling free kick against Caddy in the last quarter and goals.
Very questionable down the field free kick against Vlastuin in last quarter resulting in another shot for Willie Rioli (fortunately he missed one of the few shots at goal for the day).
Riewoldt penalised not once but twice for ridiculous studs up transgressions; both most likely cost goals.
Soldo not paid a clear mark in 2nd quarter 15m out dead in front; cost a goal.
Umpire blows whistle too late on Lynch mark in last quarter; Lynch plays on as he doesn't hear a whistle; umpire refuses to bring ball back costing us yet another likely goal.

The Eagles are a good side but we beat them fair and square and they had help from the umpires in keeping it as close as they did. Also they kicked a remarkable 13.4 and we missed at least 3 absolute sodas. That was a 4-6 goal win everywhere but the scoreboard.

Reactions: 6 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Reading some serious delusional rubbish from Eagles supporters on BF.

Umpires robbed them :rotfl2:rotfl2The irony of Eagles supporters complaining about umpires :rolleyes:

But if there are any reading just a reminder of what happened yesterday:

Darling soft ruck free for goal in first quarter.
Willie Rioli gets a mind boggling free kick against Caddy in the last quarter and goals.
Very questionable down the field free kick against Vlastuin in last quarter resulting in another shot for Willie Rioli (fortunately he missed one of the few shots at goal for the day).
Riewoldt penalised not once but twice for ridiculous studs up transgressions; both most likely cost goals.
Soldo not paid a clear mark in 2nd quarter 15m out dead in front; cost a goal.
Umpire blows whistle too late on Lynch mark in last quarter; Lynch plays on as he doesn't hear a whistle; umpire refuses to bring ball back costing us yet another likely goal.

The Eagles are a good side but we beat them fair and square and they had help from the umpires in keeping it as close as they did. Also they kicked a remarkable 13.4 and we missed at least 3 absolute sodas. That was a 4-6 goal win everywhere but the scoreboard.
I did the same last night Riddles. What a joke this lot are. Looking for any excuses.

Best one was from the Choker's forum stating that if it rained in last year's GF, they would've beaten WC.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user