Game day thread - r22: 2019 WCE (MCG) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game day thread - r22: 2019 WCE (MCG)

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Was listening to SEN on my way to work this morning. Did I hear right? Kermit said he would have liked to have seen the result that would have occurred if the rain had stayed away. In effect insinuating that West Coast owned the dry part of the game and we owned the wet. Also said the first quarter by West Coast was the best footy any team has played all year.

My view is that we were poor defensively in the first quarter (yes they looked good but we made them look good) and, after quarter time we adjusted our defensive structure which strangled them (initially in the dry and then in the wet). Not enough credence given to our defensive game IMO.

I thought it was pretty impressive stuff by West Coast in the first quarter. But for me more impressive was our ability to adjust and close them down and then basically dominate both dry and wet weather footy for the next hour and a half.

Reactions: 1 user

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
WCE have great talent all over the park: big and small forwards, intercept defenders and big-bodied mids. None of them got away from us. We matched up well, except in the first when we didn't seem to settle and they took their chances.

tigerlandishome

Carna Tiges
Jun 4, 2007
Perth
It’s very interesting to read eagles fans reactions. Many are adamant the umpires favoured us. Yet on here there is a strong opinion we were treated unfairly.
In my vast experience with eagles supporters, having lived in Perth since 1983, I am convinced that they don't understand even the most basic rules of the game.

tigerhalsey

RICHOOOO What A Mark!!
Jul 28, 2007
Melbourne
In my vast experience with eagles supporters, having lived in Perth since 1983, I am convinced that they don't understand even the most basic rules of the game.
I dont think anyone knows the rules of the game anymore, fans, players, umpires, commentators. They have changed so much with so many different interpretations everyone is making up as it goes. We really need to go back and simplify the rules again so everyone has a clear understanding whats a free and what is not.

Holding the ball, pushing in the back, too high, holding. None of these stupid *smile* things they pluck out of there bums

Reactions: 2 users

tigerlandishome

Carna Tiges
Jun 4, 2007
Perth
I dont think anyone knows the rules of the game anymore, fans, players, umpires, commentators. They have changed so much with so many different interpretations everyone is making up as it goes. We really need to go back and simplify the rules again so everyone has a clear understanding whats a free and what is not.

Holding the ball, pushing in the back, too high, holding. None of these stupid *smile* things they pluck out of there bums
No argument from me about that, however, they are particularly clueless here in the West.

bowden4president

Stackman
Feb 19, 2005
Punt Rd

Agree. The rules are currently so grey, two completely different interpretations are both correct and incorrect at the same time. easy rules to fix are HTB/incorrect disposal. There should be two ways for a ball to leave a players possession. Kick or hand ball. If you lose possession in any other manner it’s incorrect disposal and if you lose the ball while being tackled it’s holding the ball. I am sick of players being tackled and just letting go and it’s play on. And the worst of all, players attempt to kick it while being tackled and umpire says he tried. But if you try and handball and fail it’s a throw? Doesn’t make sense.

B

Bill James

Perverse pleasure flying QF653 MEL - PER last night. #theplaneofpain

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
My view is that we were poor defensively in the first quarter (yes they looked good but we made them look good) and, after quarter time we adjusted our defensive structure which strangled them (initially in the dry and then in the wet). Not enough credence given to our defensive game IMO.

Kermit has a reputation for being knowledgeable because he speaks well, uses big words & structures sentences well.

But when you break it down there's not much substance to what he says and he rarely hits the nail on the head with his summaries. He places way too much importance on perfecting inflection and pronunciation that to me he just ends up sounding like a mincey self-important knob.

Reactions: 1 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Was listening to SEN on my way to work this morning. Did I hear right? Kermit said he would have liked to have seen the result that would have occurred if the rain had stayed away. In effect insinuating that West Coast owned the dry part of the game and we owned the wet. Also said the first quarter by West Coast was the best footy any team has played all year.

Campbell Brown said something similar.
Said the eagles controlled the game for the first 2-3 quarters.
But when it started to rain in the last we took over.

Either this clown didn't watch the game or he was drunk at half time.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Campbell Brown said something similar.
Said the eagles controlled the game for the first 2-3 quarters.
But when it started to rain in the last we took over.

Either this clown didn't watch the game or he was drunk at half time.

Opinions aside, you'd at least expect people in the media to have the correct facts.

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
I watched that game twice , thought we played our best footy in the dry in the second quarter ,

Shut them down , and got our attacking game going , but probably let them off the hook a bit ,

Eagles kicked 1.1 to our 4.5 in the dry , 2 scoring shots to 9 , sounds one sided to me

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I reckon our only danger are the Swans.
If one flies in and takes out dusty we have no chance