Game Day Thread. Richmond Geelong final | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day Thread. Richmond Geelong final

nqtiger

In the jungle
Mar 7, 2004
Back From The jungle
Ian4 said:
I’m glad this time around we’re not playing last. Those 3 elimination finals we played in 2013-15 we’re all Sunday afternoon. I reckon the players get a bit more edgy if they have to play last. It feels like we have been waiting ages for this game to come around as it is. Bit nervous this morning but there is no need to be. we have been wanting to be in this position for 16 years. win and we're in the prelim and an almost certain GF. losing will hurt but we'll be around to fight another day. embrace it.

see you at the pub at 4:30pm.

Network bar southern cross station

MackTiger

Yellow and Black
Jul 14, 2003
If we can win tonight, I honestly could not see us losing a Prelim at the G to GWS, Port or West Coast

Tonight is everything.

Suns out in Flemington.

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
Like many on here, emotions changing constantly from expecting a win to feeling the cats may be too good. Our best is good enough but the cats could say that too. I want them to play like "Tigers of Old"...really old...1960's, '70's vintage, not the recent times where they had less class than they have now. Steely resolve tiges to take the game on with no fear.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Stand strong as a team unit. Stay committed and focused on the tasks at hand. "Go' when it's your turn. Don't get flustered or let the spirit drop. We're strong and we're bold.
Can't wait to get to the G tonight. The joint will be rocking and rolling. Can't wait to hear the roar of the mighty Tiger army.
I am a believer that the Tigers can beat Geelong tonight.
Tigers by 39 points.
Gooooo Tigers!!!

E

easy_tiger

rosy3 said:
Well the big day has arrived. Our chance to return some glory to Tigerland. Wishing everyone a wonderful day of anticipation and a great experience following the game however you're planning to do it.

Believe in yourself Tiges. :cupgold

Have fun Tiger family :grouphug

Eat 'em Alive

;D :'(

Im like bris. Feel like i have the emotions of a 3yo. Swinging wildly from elated to terrified and back again.

I dont know what the hell to do for 10 hours.

Think ill go and paint a yellow stripe on my black angus bull, richo

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Quietly confident of a win but more nervous than I can remember. It's everything tonight, win and we're a good chance to win the big one, lose and it's probable straights sets exit.

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
absolutely crapping myself atm.

This game is our biggest opportunity since the 1982 grand final.

Massive game.

God have mercy.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Club AvAge AvGms AvHgt AWgt AGls
--------------------------------
Geel 26.29 122.9 190.5 90.0 79.1
Rich 25.06 101.1 186.4 86.1 66.5

Normally these figures would suggest we're up against it, but finals tend to lean a little less to the more battle-hardened sides than h&a games.

Trivia (or not!): Chris Scott is 0-5 in finals with teams aged under 26.78 (5-1 in the others).

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Nervous but watching the last time we played on Fox Footy. Good day to be working from home with the kids on a curriculum day!!

Whilst a lot of the talk has been of their ins, Hawkins and Selwood mainly, not a lot of talk about our changes from the last time we played.

Geelong
Out - Thurlow, Stanley, Menzel and Simpson
In - J Selwood, Blicavs, Hawkins and Duncan

Us
Out - Soldo and C Ellis
Ins - Graham and Townsend, plus we should have Caddy for 4 quarters this time

Just watching the game, our forward line was way too dysfunctional without Caddy down there and that was seen in the possessions the likes of Lonergan (20), Kolodjashnij (20) and Henderson (19) got. This showed how easily they could rebound. When Dusty was down there, looked a lot more functional but needed him in the midfield. Our forward line with Caddy and Townsend will be a different proposition.

Other than the GWS game which was VERY wet, our score was the 2nd lowest we've scored this year (the lowest being Adelaide). I expect to score more than that against them at the G. It was also one of their lowest scores against this season. On the other hand, in the last 3 weeks thats the most they have conceded.

Personally reckon its a first to 80-85 points, win type of game.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Cats v tigers at the MCG.

Last few times versus Geelong at the MCG.

2016 lost by 4
2015. Lost by 9
2014. Lost by 5. (Loss Average 6 points).

Team changes from last year at the MCG.

Out: hampson Vickery A Moore markov Lennon hunt Lloyd Drummond. short miles
In: Nankervis Mcintosh broad caddy Townsend Prestia. butler Castagna lambert Graham

Team changes from last month at Simmonds
In Townsend & graham
Our soldo & C Ellis

Our history isn't good against Geelong but a lot of our players haven't been affected by it.
Our players have played Geelong in total for 106 games for 1 win.
It sounds horrendous, but we can ease that statistic tonight.

The first 12 players losses have suffered 91 losses and 1 win (Prestia at the Suns).
But the following 10 have played then 14 times. All losses obviously.

Games v Geelong

Riewoldt 12
Edwards 11
Cotchin 9
Rance 9
Houli 9* (2 at Essendon)
Grigg 8* (2 at Carlton).
Martin 7
Prestia 7 (6 at Suns, including a WIN!!!!).
B Ellis 6
Astbury 5
Vlastuin 5
Grimes 4
Caddy 2* (1 at Gold Coast).
Nankervis 2* (1 at Sydney)
Townsend 2* (both at GWS)
Mcintosh 2
Rioli 2
Castagna 1
Broad 1
Lambert 1
Butler 1
Graham 0

BetterTigers

Tiger Rookie
May 21, 2011
Well I'm absolutely pumped for the game!! Already in the MCC queue with a handful more diehards! Feels like the biggest game for 20 years or more.