Game Day Thread. Richmond Geelong final | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day Thread. Richmond Geelong final

MackTiger

Yellow and Black
Jul 14, 2003
I too was next to the Cheer Squad.

It was electrifying. If we can bring that level of support and grunt from the crowd for the Prelim no matter what anyone says it will give the boys and the fans a lift.

Greatest noise I have ever heard.

The real thing I loved was just how good the supporters were. Banding together. Hugging. High Fiving. Clapping.

No one cared for most of the night we were standing up, everyone loved being part of the win.

Still no voice, should return for the Prelim :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

tigers80

Tiger Legend
Jul 7, 2004
MackTiger said:
How funny was the Geelong home game 'entertainment package'

Brad Ottens ringing a bell. Some unknown hack interviewing random no name people.

And the biggest thing of all............

The chant of Geelong...Geelong.......from a PA Speaker. Pre Recorded - What a joke.

It was boring as bat Sh!t.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
SkillzThatKillz said:
Great to see the players complied with gameplan instructions by not winning by more than 10 goals.

Dimma has them extremely well-drilled

mexican_radio

*fix the midfield*
Feb 12, 2005
South of the Border
Watching the replay now (I had to work Friday night). The mark by Broad in the 3rd quarter and short pass to Vlas was so important. Great long kick for a goal too, well done lads.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
MackTiger said:

Brad Ottens ringing a bell. Some unknown hack interviewing random no name people.

The chant of Geelong...Geelong.......from a PA Speaker. Pre Recorded - What a joke.

Thought the same thing. How *smile* are your fans if they have to be told when to sing. Geez, have some passion and do it yourselves.

Total Tiger

Tiger Champion
Apr 13, 2009
MackTiger said:

It was hilarious. You forgot the skank who won the dance-off. Can't imagine Ottens clanging the old bell was coincidental. Did they really think we were going to give a toss? We drowned it out anyway.

SpaceAce

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2007
waiting said:
Sunday footy show Billy & Parrott saying that Geelong should have played the final at Kardinia park/Skilled/Ford Stadium.

Still winging.

No wonder they lost.

Geez these handbaggers give me the absolute *smile*!!! All of their major success in the past decade has been achieved at the MCG! What is their *smile* problem???
For the first time in a very long time Geelong are genuinely scared and intimidated by the mighty Tigers.
They and 17 other clubs better get used to it.....that ferocious, ruthless spirit of Tigerland is back!!

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
evo said:
I was pretty much sitting in the cheers squad so theres a fair bit of TV footage of me punching the air. ;D
Same evo. To the young girl that had a seizure at 3/4 time, hope you're ok.

bowden4president

Stackman
Feb 19, 2005
Punt Rd
waiting said:
Sunday footy show Billy & Parrott saying that Geelong should have played the final at Kardinia park/Skilled/Ford Stadium.

Still winging.

No wonder they lost.
They can't honestly believe that while Geelong CHOOSE to play certain home games at the MCG

Sore losers!

EAD Parrott! he'd still be salty about Dusty telling north to stick their offer

Dash

Staff member
May 10, 2010
I sat near the Geelong cheersquad - all three of them. Watching them leave the G mid last quarter while recieving Tiger farewells was schadenfreude at its best.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Their past six finals had all been 7:50pm Friday night at the MCG. First time I've heard this much whinging.

Sure they've got a new stand or two. The joint holds 34K, after they got 32.5K v Freo in 2013. Add another couple of tiers if you want to host big clubs.

My wife is good friends with Colin Carters wife...ill ask the Gee Pres next time we meet up if he is serious or just posturing for the fan base.

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
I'm still
10.gif

TigerTribe5

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 14, 2010
Lols at the Cats supporter calling SEN this morning complaining about the booing before the game.
He said it was feral & showed a lack of respect ..... :eek:

Bwwwaaahhhaha .... talk about sooky sooky la la!

Expect more of the same you handbaggers!

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Feet back on the ground, watched Scott's presser. Didn't think he said anything untoward as suggested elsewhere... the interesting bit was that he "opened things up" in a bid to turn the game around, but it worked against them (Geelong). So our last quarter scoreboard domination probably flattered us a bit. We'll need at least that same level of application in a fortnight. "Men on a mission" was a phrase used in a couple of texts from neutrals.

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
TigerTribe5 said:
Lols at the Cats supporter calling SEN this morning complaining about the booing before the game.

I was sitting near the Geelong cheer squad , they booed our players as they ran out , but you had to be close to notice it .

TigerTribe5

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 14, 2010
Yeah kiwi we were out in force & loud alright.

Cant wait till the Prelim! Got a feeling we're gonna be even more vocal! :clap

67 special

Tiger Matchwinner
May 12, 2009
Made a point of screaming my head off all night.....made as much noise as I could. Throat still sore....but best time Ive ever had at the footy! The joy of watching those (formerly) smug Geelong supporters leaving early with the Tiger roar ringing in their ears made up for the years of suffering at their hands. I think we need to continue to make the G as hostile a place for oppo teams as possible.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Checking out the official photos of the game from the club. There is one of Dusty blurred close to the boundary getting applause from the fans who are in focus. The expressions on the faces of those fans, old, young, men, women, is so joyful and full of love.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
TigerTribe5 said:

lol, as if Geelong supporters have never booed the opposition.