Game Day Thread. Richmond Geelong final | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day Thread. Richmond Geelong final

Tails

Still Chasing Dreams
Mar 10, 2007
989
40
Sydney, Australia
MD Jazz said:
No, could be great. Just think we have them covered at the G.
I think they won't be as good as people think they have lost Motlop, Enright & Lonergan. Ablett isn't capable of playing a full year
 

MD Jazz

Tiger Legend
Feb 3, 2017
5,962
2,953
Tails said:
I think they won't be as good as people think they have lost Motlop, Enright & Lonergan. Ablett isn't capable of playing a full year

Enright didn’t play last year. Lonergan irrelevant last year and Motlop had 4 good games. Cats will be top 4 with a decent injury run.
 

poppa x

Tiger Legend
May 28, 2004
5,552
0
Mt Waverley
MD Jazz said:
Enright didn’t play last year. Lonergan irrelevant last year and Motlop had 4 good games. Cats will be top 4 with a decent injury run.

As as well as Lonergan they have lost Mackie.
And are reliant on Harry Taylor having a good year in defence.
Gonski I reckon.
 

The Mole

Tiger Superstar
Apr 1, 2003
2,028
262
Ablett has averaged less than 13 games per year for the past 4 years. He won’t play 22 and finals.
 

Tigers of Old

Proud of our Club.
Jul 26, 2004
67,520
8,849
www.redbubble.com
Yeah I'm pretty sure Ablett will be a side dish too.
What's most surprising is that in recent years Chris Scott has moved so many aging champs on but he's hypocritically brought one back who's pretty much cooked.
At 34 (in May) it's hard to see Ablett taking the Cats to the Holy Grail so I really can't see why they did it.
 

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
19,907
2,983
MD Jazz said:
Ablett could do a Federer/Nadal 2017, just come out and blitz and remind all that he was once the best in the game. Would not surprise me one bit. Ablett/Danger/Selwood on the park all year provides enough quality to push for Top 4.
Thought they made top four last year, even without a Gazza. With the home advantage of Kardinia park, I'd be very surprised if they miss the eight. There's enough talent there to reach finals if their top five don't have injuries. Got a feeling they'll struggle to have a major impact again come finals though, simply to much reliance on Duckwood, Dangermouse, Tomahawk, Harry n Gazza to carry them through.
They just managed to fall over the line in way to many close games last year n got pulled apart to easily when things got important, reckon they'll slide a little bit this year.
 

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
6,385
1,785
Tigers of Old said:
At 34 (in May) it's hard to see Ablett taking the Cats to the Holy Grail so I really can't see why they did it.

Some would call it due to the 'romance' of Gablett returning to finish his career at the Moggies. Others would put it down simply to another word: marketing!

I'm with the latter opinion; Gazza will earn lots of $$$$ in merchandise sales and get their fans all excited.

Think they'll still make the 8 but that weakened defence may see them slide to bottom half of it.
 

Tigers of Old

Proud of our Club.
Jul 26, 2004
67,520
8,849
www.redbubble.com
leon said:
Some would call it due to the 'romance' of Gablett returning to finish his career at the Moggies. Others would put it down simply to another word: marketing!

I'm with the latter opinion; Gazza will earn lots of $$$$ in merchandise sales and get their fans all excited.

Think they'll still make the 8 but that weakened defence may see them slide to bottom half of it.

Understand that but if they fail to make the 8 it might well backfire.
 

Tails

Still Chasing Dreams
Mar 10, 2007
989
40
Sydney, Australia
poppa x said:
As as well as Lonergan they have lost Mackie.
And are reliant on Harry Taylor having a good year in defence.
Gonski I reckon.
Thanks Popps I should have said Mackie instead of Enright my bad.
I think they are going to fall, it eventually has to happen when you trade away your picks and the players replacing your stars are third rounders or worse, its going to happen to the Swans too, going 0-6 last year is not the aberration everyone thinks. Mills & Heeney from their academy have clouded what is really happening up here.
 

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
19,907
2,983
poppa x said:
# of flags won by Sydney after trading for Buddy?
0.

# flags won by Richmond after trading for Nank?
1.
Wasn't Buddy's reason for leaving Hawforn, the opportunity to win more flags at Sydaknee? Ooops, some of his new team mates musta tripped over his wallet while leaving the change rooms.
 

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
6,096
2,436
Bump.

Just watched the replay. Again.

This was the defining game of this tiger era. We were ferocious. The tiger army were formidable. We broke the opposition, the first of many. We saw the same opposition resignation in the third quarter of the most recent GF.

We suddenly became feared. A club united. The monkey was gone. The club has never looked back.
 
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users