Game Day Thread. Richmond Geelong final | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day Thread. Richmond Geelong final

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
DirtyDogTiger said:
True.
But we go on and get it back so it really doesn't rest with Broad.

didnt say it rested with Broad !!!

I said it was brave to try a similar kick after the first was a clanger that ultimately led to an oppo goal

Bunnerz

Richmond are cool man
Aug 12, 2003
Geelong
spot on taztiger. should have held it up really with 20 secs to go or pumped it 55m. but ahhh well.
WOuld have been reviewed.

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
taztiger4 said:
It was smart & brave, Broady's similar attempt in the 2nd led to Clangers goal, didnt doubt himself just nailed it

Must have been my pre game advice to him :)

Every little bit helps, Taz.

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
just had a work meeting that finished with the regular "you mush be happy" conversations. He is a Geelong man and works closely with the GFC in their membership area. Staggered me that ONLY 5,000 cats members (excluding AFL and MCC) purchased tickets to the Cats - Tigers Qualifying final.

Pathetic effort cat Emerson!!!!

Total Tiger

Tiger Champion
Apr 13, 2009
Jeez, they really did sook it about it not being played in Geelong. That does account for the noise level though

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
How come Geelong's Carji Greeves Medal/Best & Fairest night is to be held at the Crown Palladium in Melbourne?
Why oh why isn't it held at Kardinia Park?
Will there be any teeth gnashing over that I wonder?
Must be an "away" medal night.
:hihi

brigadiertiger

Tiger Champion
Dec 1, 2005
willo said:
How come Geelong's Carji Greeves Medal/Best & Fairest night is to be held at the Crown Palladium in Melbourne?

To be fair though the only big empty space big enough in Geelong would be the Ford factory.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
brigadiertiger said:
To be fair though the only big empty space big enough in Geelong would be the Ford factory.
Big old cafeteria there would have plenty of room for a nice sit down dinner. Perfect setting, old n rotting, full of dust, cobwebs n ghosts of glory days gone by.

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
willo said:

:rofl

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Just rewatched this final against Geelong - great game and loved how we broke them in that last quarter. I will never tire of watching it.

I just noticed right at the beginning as the cats were about to enter the ground one of their player yelled "F... off" to the crowd as he walked up the race and the booing started to get louder.

Well done supporters - it does put the opposition on edge - great to see.

Mac

Tiger Champion
Sep 16, 2003
year of the tiger said:
Just rewatched this final against Geelong - great game and loved how we broke them in that last quarter. I will never tire of watching it.

I just noticed right at the beginning as the cats were about to enter the ground one of their player yelled "F... off" to the crowd as he walked up the race and the booing started to get louder.

Well done supporters - it does put the opposition on edge - great to see.

Are you sure? That player may actually be a staunch Labour Party man and similar to 'win one for the Gipper' he wanted to win one for Whitlam...he was saying "For Gough!"

(fun fact...Ronald Reagan played George Gipp aka The Gipper in the movie Knute Rockne All American where this quote - attributed to the real George Gipp - was immortalised by Reagan's portrayal. Reagan went on to use this quote in his presidential election campaign and was often referred to by his nickname The Gipper throughout his life)

casper68

Tiger Champion
Oct 20, 2004
dromana
I love this game and the noise at 3 qtr time still gives me shivers all over my body. Now lets watch the last qtr and see what happens.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
casper68 said:
I love this game and the noise at 3 qtr time still gives me shivers all over my body. Now lets watch the last qtr and see what happens.

Yes I watched the last half again last night - do you want me to tell you what happened ;D

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
casper68 said:

I could watch the last quarter every day of the week and not get sick of it.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Same here.

That was the game we announced ourselves as a threat for the flag.

And still not many gave us much of a real go, especially with our forward set up.

The hits and tackles on Selwood and Danger were magnificent. The look on their faces after we won and Scotts look ( priceless ).

With Gazza the messiah arriving , cant wait to play them at the G and spank them again!

Who could forget the roar, the noise and the huge crowd.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Geelong are *smile*.
That final game was payback for that 20 goal loss at the Telstra done.