Game Day Thread. Richmond Geelong final | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day Thread. Richmond Geelong final

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
23.21.159 said:
Geelong are not sh!t.
They beat us at KP with most of their gun players out and smashed Sydney who were 14-2 since Round 6.

They are not a sh!t side, but had two very bad floggings in the finals against the Tigers and the Crows, the way they capitulated in those games would indicate they have a bit of work to do.

E

easy_tiger

23.21.159 said:
Geelong are not sh!t.
They beat us at KP with most of their gun players out and smashed Sydney who were 14-2 since Round 6.

sydney were spent. like us in our q final V port.

Cats are the most overated side in the comp right now IMO.

if AFL wins could be traded on a type of currency exchange,

Then Geelong wins at Kardinia Rectangle would buy less a quarter of an interstate away win and a fraction over half a Richmond home win.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Tigers of Old said:
I think it was Bruce M who said after that performance that he wasn't sure that Adelaide were the flag favourites any longer. Alluding that we were.

Yep. I had the feeling Bruce was on the Tiger Train after that win

cmarkidis

"GO YOU TIGERS!!"
Nov 22, 2004
easy said:

I seriously cannot believe TAB Sportsbet has Geelong at $7.50 3rd favourites for the 2018 flag ahead of us at $8!! They are 7th or 8th ranked team at best imo.

Geelong have lost a third of their backline, are relying on a 34y.o, and have the most selfish player in the comp (Dangerfield) in their team. Geelong were comprehensively smash by us on a real ground when many thought their finals experience might give them the edge. Honestly, if we can't finish ahead of Geelong I would be amazed.

I also can't believe we are quoted at $1.80 to win over 12 games. Fair dinkum - absolute money for jam!!

I'm so glad we are still not rated - playing into our hands. We're back, and when the beast comes to town he makes a mess!! We're going back2back!!

E

easy_tiger

tiger12 said:
I seriously cannot believe TAB Sportsbet has Geelong at $7.50 3rd favourites for the 2018 flag ahead of us at $8!! They are 7th or 8th ranked team at best imo.

Geelong have lost a third of their backline, are relying on a 34y.o, and have the most selfish player in the comp (Dangerfield) in their team. Geelong were comprehensively smash by us on a real ground when many thought their finals experience might give them the edge. Honestly, if we can't finish ahead of Geelong I would be amazed.

I also can't believe we are quoted at $1.80 to win over 12 games. Fair dinkum - absolute money for jam!!

I'm so glad we are still not rated - playing into our hands. We're back, and when the beast comes to town he makes a mess!! We're going back2back!!

agree with everything except the danger bit. hes almost as good as Dusty.

cmarkidis

"GO YOU TIGERS!!"
Nov 22, 2004
easy said:
agree with everything except the danger bit. hes almost as good as Dusty.

Nowhere near Dusty. When Dusty's got the ball his head's on a swivel, looking for options everywhere. Dusty brings so many of his teammates into the game. He is by a country mile the best player I have seen since Wayne Carey (who I rate as the best ever - and I had Royce Hart's number on my back as a kid). Dangerfield is straight as an arrow, plays for himself. Classic example was when Geelong was coming back at Adelaide in the prelim; Geelong cut the margin back to just under 4 goals, the ball was kicked about 20m from their goal with a Geelong player ahead of his Adelaide opponent in prime position to mark the ball. Dangerfield was behind the Adelaide player. Danger steamed into the contest, the ball spilled, Adelaide cleared and goaled. Thanks Danger - game over!! Geelong can have him!! In fact, I'll agree with zippa - they're *smile*!!

Imo, Dangerfield, as good as he is, is a selfish player. ABSOLUTELY NOWHERE NEAR Dusty.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Danger is a superstar. Awesome to watch and kicks goals. No need to criticise him, just enjoy watching him.

Geelong are a good team, accentuated by their home ground which gives them an extra 3-4 wins per year. A key reason why they have been able to regularly make finals, yet also why they go out meekly in the finals each year.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Danger isn't a good kick. He sprays a lot. Looks flash breaking away at speed but then just kicks it forwards. And often out on the full.

Awesome mark, ball magnet, quick, hard to tackle.

Average disposal.

Give me Dusty any day.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
tiger12 said:

Last year on AFL Tonight Walls said that he felt Geelong were in a do or die finals push last season. He showed their list and it's age and believes that they're close to rebuild stage.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
CarnTheTiges said:
Last year on AFL Tonight Walls said that he felt Geelong were in a do or die finals push last season. He showed their list and it's age and believes that they're close to rebuild stage.
Three flags n about thirteen years of finals tends to push most lists into rebuild mode. Adding Gazza to Duck Selwood n Danger mouse will only prolong the almost nearly before they start rebuilding.

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
tommygun said:
I think Chris Scott will be the first coach to get the ass for 2018
Going down the same path a second his twin at Norfolk. Holding on to players too long at the expense of youngster development which in North’s case has handed them close to the worst list in the competition.
And add the fact that we mentally destroyed the Cats in the QF to the point where I expect us to have the wood on them for some time to come.

Tails

Still Chasing Dreams
Mar 10, 2007
Sydney, Australia
TigerFlag2017 said:
Danger is a superstar. Awesome to watch and kicks goals. No need to criticise him, just enjoy watching him.

Geelong are a good team, accentuated by their home ground which gives them an extra 3-4 wins per year. A key reason why they have been able to regularly make finals, yet also why they go out meekly in the finals each year.
This is a very good point and why I always get Swans nuffies up here in Sydney banging on how the wont have to rebuild, they bash up weak teams on the SCG and get smashed at the MCG. I think our prospects are extremely good as we are the only team in contention who plays the MCG well. Hawthorn is the only other team and they are also in rebuild denial.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
easy said:
sydney were spent. like us in our q final V port.

if AFL wins could be traded on a type of currency exchange,

Then Geelong wins at Kardinia Rectangle would buy less a quarter of an interstate away win and a fraction over half a Richmond home win.

Issue is they get the home games so always a chance to finish top 4.

Ablett could do a Federer/Nadal 2017, just come out and blitz and remind all that he was once the best in the game. Would not surprise me one bit. Ablett/Danger/Selwood on the park all year provides enough quality to push for Top 4.

That being said I'd be very confident playing them at the G in Sep

Tails

Still Chasing Dreams
Mar 10, 2007
Sydney, Australia
MD Jazz said:
Issue is they get the home games so always a chance to finish top 4.

Ablett could do a Federer/Nadal 2017, just come out and blitz and remind all that he was once the best in the game. Would not surprise me one bit. Ablett/Danger/Selwood on the park all year provides enough quality to push for Top 4.

That being said I'd be very confident playing them at the G in Sep
I agree Ablett will be cooked by September