GAME DAY THREAD - TIGES V HAWKS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY THREAD - TIGES V HAWKS

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Not liking this new style of chip n run, round in circles uncontested keeping off game at all. Massive over possession ineffective load of *smile* so far.
Our game day one wood has been pretty much taken away and it seems like every club is now in the situation of trying to figure out how to adjust to the new circle work without turning the ball over deep forward n then getting a rebound ground length transition whereby there's another dump into the forward line for some more rebound n circle work in transition.
Yep hating this uncontested bruise free circle work that I'm seeing. The AFL is loving it.

Reactions: 4 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Jiath is a good player, he just always seemed to be popping up in the right place.

DS
Was seriously pissing me off how easily n often he was getting the pill. Kid looks to have a big future ahead of him.

Reactions: 1 user

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
It was certainly a pleasure to be Able to go to the game today.
First for me since GF 2019.
And a beautiful Autumn afternoon too.
Our first daylight game since the 19 GF? Can't recall every COVId game so could wrong.

Seat being high up reminded me of the scale of the playing surface, gets compressed on TV. Also despite the endurance of players, there are still times when the ball is in open space with just a pair of players competing (though not for long)

Hawk supporters around me were pretty buoyant early until they realised the gulf They were needing to bridge. As I said they have a genius in the Coaching box, we have one on the ground.

Holding opposition to 7 goals will win us game 9 times out of ten.
Plenty were below par and three or four are imminently in danger of a spell. Without injury some tough decisions need to be made.

Reactions: 5 users

Tigerhealer

I'm a llama!
Sep 7, 2003
Caddy looked cooked a lot of the time. Unfortunately he's not best 22 if everyone is available. If it comes down to Caddy or Marlion on a wing surely it's Marlion every time? He might butcher it a bit but he's a power runner with speed.
and hits the opposition hard

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Thought it was a classic solid Richmond team performance with everyone doing thier roles and Dusty BOG, thought our bests , Skip, Bolton, Prestia, Georgie , Shedda

SpaceAce

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2007
The attendance of 41,000 today was much less than I expected.
I think this new process of purchasing tickets is having a negative impact.
Supporters of the away clubs just don't seem to make an effort to come to games.
Having said that the Dawks supporters didn't really turn up today either.

Otherwise, are people still apprehensive about venturing out in large crowds?
Was it the 1.10 starting time on a Sunday which kept people away?

Interested in other thoughts and opinions on this.

Reactions: 2 users

rinso17

Tiger Superstar
Feb 2, 2005
I'm bumping my post and doubling down..... I *smile* really really hate the *smile* sub rule.... Vlastuin was nearly a cheat and Ross is having his development *smile* with!
The sub rule should be.

1 team both team activation system,

Compulsory activation of the 23thrd man at 3 quatrer time if still unactivated

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Supporters of the away clubs just don't seem to make an effort to come to games.

For us from the bush the 1.10 actually works well , after the game we went down Swan st and grabbed a feed at Grilled then back to caesars palace to grab my car and drive home , so we got hone before 8 which is great. However we are the absolute minority .

Last edited:

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

I think all of the above.

As an away member with GA admission I would just have walked in today but had to arrange a ticket (I paid but I could have got it for free). I'm sure this would have put some off.

Hawthorn supporters? Yeah, not as many as they claim and their crowds have not been all that impressive, home crowds lower than ours even in their glory years.

Don't think the early start time helped, helped even less that I couldn't catch the train, only a bus today. Punt Rd was a car park.

Maybe some residual reluctance to go somewhere with a large crowd too.

I also suspect that non-members have the impression they won't get in at the moment so don't bother trying.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

tigermouseau

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
Funny coz I was thinking the same
Maybe I’ll relent on a wet day but just not keen at this stage
I watched the replay to see if it was as bad watching it live. It does look a bit better on the TV IMHO. I don’t like the new rules and think that the new rules had a big say in the way the game was played. Little or no forward line pressure (due to the kicking in). I loath the way that the defenders can have a clear run with the ball all the way to the centre wing or middle of the ground after a point has been scored. I loath the “stand” call as it means there is absolutely no pressure on the kicker and they also can just run off the mark without oppo players even getting a look in. These two rule changes will mean we will see more of this uncontested garbage that we saw today.
lt was a lacklustre game with a lacklustre crowd and I just didn’t enjoy watching what the AFL has made of our once great game. Rant over (for now)

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Maybe some residual reluctance to go somewhere with a large crowd too.

I also suspect that non-members have the impression they won't get in at the moment so don't bother trying.

DS
somewhat the first point DS, particularly after the Cats/Lions game scare.
Definitely the second, people i know aren't bothering because of the limits.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007

Junior footy is also back. I couldn’t make it because of this.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
It was certainly a pleasure to be Able to go to the game today.
First for me since GF 2019.
And a beautiful Autumn afternoon too.
Our first daylight game since the 19 GF? Can't recall every COVId game so could wrong.

Seat being high up reminded me of the scale of the playing surface, gets compressed on TV. Also despite the endurance of players, there are still times when the ball is in open space with just a pair of players competing (though not for long)

Hawk supporters around me were pretty buoyant early until they realised the gulf They were needing to bridge. As I said they have a genius in the Coaching box, we have one on the ground.

Holding opposition to 7 goals will win us game 9 times out of ten.
Plenty were below par and three or four are imminently in danger of a spell. Without injury some tough decisions need to be made.
The earliest start time we had between last year's GF and today was 3.35 in rounds 5 and 6 last year.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

I couldn't get a ticket - entering my barcode only gave me access to Junior tix for a while - then when taken to ticketek to complete a purchase couldn't log in. There's a problem with my RFC account - I can login on the mobile app but using the same credentials on the website version I get a password error. Weird.