GAME DAY THREAD - TIGES V HAWKS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY THREAD - TIGES V HAWKS

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Geez Hawthorn play a boring brand of football. the chip chip keepings off brand that collingwood geelong westcoast also play *smile* me to tears and a rule should be introduced to increase the distance for a mark to 20m to eradicate this boring style of play.

Reactions: 1 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Geez Hawthorn play a boring brand of football. the chip chip keepings off brand that collingwood geelong westcoast also play *smile* me to tears and a rule should be introduced to increase the distance for a mark to 20m to eradicate this boring style of play.
Yeah the "genius" Clarko parked the bus after quarter time to prevent a blow out. The funny thing is we still could have absolutely torched them if we hadn't have burnt the ball so much going inside 50. Despite his tactics we still got plenty of good opportunities just didn't execute as well as we could have.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Yeah the "genius" Clarko parked the bus after quarter time to prevent a blow out. The funny thing is we still could have absolutely torched them if we hadn't have burnt the ball so much going inside 50. Despite his tactics we still got plenty of good opportunities just didn't execute as well as we could have.
He's running out of gas Riddles. Might as well take on a new club.

Feb 25, 2007
All good this time AT! Shitty seat booked but with no "upgrade fee".

Mate, just go to level 1 hopefully you can get in one of those bays, without being asked for your ticket by an attendant. There will be plenty of spare seats. Most rows have seats taken on the aisles, just pick a row and sit in the middle. My nephew and his mate have done that first 2 rounds. They had back row level 4 but ended up sitting on level 1 for both games.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Mate, just go to level 1 hopefully you can get in one of those bays, without being asked for your ticket by an attendant. There will be plenty of spare seats. Most rows have seats taken on the aisles, just pick a row and sit in the middle. My nephew and his mate have done that first 2 rounds. They had back row level 4 but ended up sitting on level 1 for both games.

I've been on level 1 for both games, if they are anything to go by you'll just walk in. Just remember to look like you own the place - works a treat.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

Wouldn't work given increasing the distance to mark to 15m hasn't stopped the umpires paying marks for kicks of <10m.

DS

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
We’re Tigers , we do own the place :))
Just on Clarko, that’s an ordinary list he’s working with at the moment, Mitchell an OMeara some would say are A grade, Gunston and Breust definitely were , kids like Day, Hardwick, Lewis, chut, Worpel look solid but no match winning stars there, unless they unearth a couple of genuine stars I see them been a middle of the road team for sometime , with or without Clarko

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

another great tip Astute :)

Feb 25, 2007
another great tip Astute :)

You're welcome, happy to help.

Even though I had level 1 seats I got stopped and I just said yep i know where I am in row F and didn't ask for my ticket.
My nephew's mate said I know where my seats are sorry my battery has died but I'm here in M18 row F and he just let him go. The phone battery flat is a good one as that's where your ticket is and they'll have to take your word for it, if not, go to another aisle ;) and try again!

In the other game, they just waltzed in as the attendant was busy talking to someone.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
I've been on level 1 for both games, if they are anything to go by you'll just walk in. Just remember to look like you own the place - works a treat.

DS

yeah I used to do that when my tigers member gave me level 2 at Etihad - would walk straight down the front, look at my ticket and then grab the best seat available.

.....became a bit embarrassing when I was asked to move three or four times by other punters though.

• Haha

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
You're welcome, happy to help.

Even though I had level 1 seats I got stopped and I just said yep i know where I am in row F and didn't ask for my ticket.
My nephew's mate said I know where my seats are sorry my battery has died but I'm here in M18 row F and he just let him go. The phone battery flat is a good one as that's where your ticket is and they'll have to take your word for it, if not, go to another aisle ;) and try again!

In the other game, they just waltzed in as the attendant was busy talking to someone.

Yes, usually after the first quarter they aren't going to challenge you if you are carrying a tray of beers and a purposeful air about you

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Wouldn't work given increasing the distance to mark to 15m hasn't stopped the umpires paying marks for kicks of <10m.

DS

Yeah I can't believe how often they get this wrong. The MCG is a very easy ground to identify distance of kicking, being as the horizontal grassed bands that the turf is cut in are at 10m spacings. So when Mittchell kicks from 1 side of the dark green, to the other side of the dark green, it literally cannot be 15m!

The amount of very short kicks that have been paid in the 1st 2 rounds is ridiculous.

Reactions: 3 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
He's running out of gas Riddles. Might as well take on a new club.
Pies Blues Gee Whizz all could become available you never know.

Wright going to the Maggots as footy boss after being with Clarkson forever at Hawthorn might have a sneaky idea to get him to the Dishlicker Paddock.

If things go tits up for the Maggots or Figgy I wouldnt discount it being bandied about on the rumor mill.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Just on Clarko, that’s an ordinary list he’s working with at the moment, Mitchell an OMeara some would say are A grade, Gunston and Breust definitely were , kids like Day, Hardwick, Lewis, chut, Worpel look solid but no match winning stars there, unless they unearth a couple of genuine stars I see them been a middle of the road team for sometime , with or without Clarko
Dont forget "THE CHAD" CC :))

• Haha

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Pies Blues Gee Whizz all could become available you never know.

Wright going to the Maggots as footy boss after being with Clarkson forever at Hawthorn might have a sneaky idea to get him to the Dishlicker Paddock.

If things go tits up for the Maggots or Figgy I wouldnt discount it being bandied about on the rumor mill.
Yeah that's the rumour doing the rounds craigo.