GAME DAY THREAD - TIGES V POWER | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY THREAD - TIGES V POWER

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
5-5 would mean we'd probably only be able to afford to lose 1 of the last 12 to make top 4, posh. We've never been 5-5 in this premiership era (we were 5-4 in 2017). The next 5 games are tough (Port at AO, Saints at the dump, Melbourne with their tails up, Dogs flying, and Cats) but if we win 3 we'll be 5-3 with a home game against the Giants before a trip to Brisbane. I expect we'll be 6-4 or 7-3.

winning 4 games in september after a week's break won't worry us either I reckon Spooker

Reactions: 1 user

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
we'll probably lose by around six goals. everyone in the media will be reading eulogies.

we'll just go about our business. I'm actually glad to get this fixture out of the way early. 2-2 is a standard first month for us.

Reactions: 2 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Other then major injuries , I don’t think tonight has a huge bearing on the season for either team, imho both teams will still be there when it matters, in saying that it would be very nice to get a win over Port tonight

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Looking forward to the game and to see how our two first gamers go - when was the last time we had two players debut at the same time.

Its still April folks - tigers won’t be ramping it up yet - we start our march to the finals after the bye, now is about looking at our system, trying new players, tweaks all that stuff and collecting some 4 pts along the way.

Reckon Port will win, that extra 5% motivation/home ground stuff will be the difference but we will put up a decent fight - can’t see the lads putting in two shockers in a row but I could be wrong.

Lynch to kick 5 in a losing side.

Last edited:

Judge Smailes

The world needs ditch diggers too!
Dec 17, 2003
Adelaide
Looking forward to seeing the boys live tonight for the first time since I wore shorts to a Grand Final and Dusty made me cry. Again. Not expecting the fun and cardiac issues of last year's prelim but love catching up with the Tiger fam. Hope the new boys give us something.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Strange game tonight. We lose and it's not that bad. We've got new kids, injuries, playing away, early in the season. As long as we put in an effort.

But if we win, Port are in crisis mode.

• Haha

The Kop

Tiger Cub
Jul 15, 2012
Did anyone go to the open session at AO yesterday? I went and Lambert appeared to be on light duties and carrying a niggle.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
All the pressure is on Port. Coming off loss back on their home deck and wanting to avenge for the preliminary.

I think two people will decide this contest Balta and Dixon. The winner of this battle will decide the result.

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW
graham and Shai to have a day out

they are a mentally weak team and club .......................they will panic ..............

tigers by 22 pts

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Looking forward to seeing the boys live tonight for the first time since I wore shorts to a Grand Final and Dusty made me cry. Again. Not expecting the fun and cardiac issues of last year's prelim but love catching up with the Tiger fam. Hope the new boys give us something.
Wonder if we have that bay smack bang on the wing where all them crazy Tigers were stationed last time..? Have a great nite and let's hope we up the ante for our SA and travelling supporters!

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
We are gonna get absolutely reamed by the umpires tonight. You just know-sense it. I sensed it last night before the Arsendon game and I've got it again tonight.

Wish you could get a +10 free kick differential market to bet on somewhere.
Yep. Especially at that feral ground.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
we'll probably lose by around six goals. everyone in the media will be reading eulogies.

we'll just go about our business. I'm actually glad to get this fixture out of the way early. 2-2 is a standard first month for us.
Yeah. Best thing for all of us now is that we have 3 out of 4 flags in the bag, so it doesn't matter if we fail a bit this season. Just keep laughing at this dopey media.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Has crossed my mind too, with Baker, Short, Mansell and Houlhi in the side, I wonder whether Dimma might give Bakes a run through the midfield.
Short's our best player (see JDM). Let's try him there and see if anyone else is capable of kicking high balls to packs on the wing.

:peepwall

:p

• Haha

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
Port by 26 in a crash n bash encounter... can’t see either team pulling the trigger on a run n gun game.
Another , “we’ll learn from it, no doubt “ outing

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Get back to basics tonight intensity, pressure, team work and footy smarts the rest will flow in to place.