GAME DAY THREAD - TIGES V POWER | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY THREAD - TIGES V POWER

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
Port might've beaten us last night, but Butlers has copped a Rioli/Lambert injury.
Thats easy 3 months out.
And the Bow and arrow will struggle to come back from a knee injury.
And for Rozeee seems to get injured almost every game now.
I hope it dosent derail Ports unbeaten streak in 2021.
*smile* sticks..
Butters syndismosis 8-10 weeks, Duursma LCL - 12 weeks. Rozee knee and corkie - not confirmed but maybe 1-2. They are gunna pay for this game.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Butters syndismosis 8-10 weeks, Duursma LCL - 12 weeks. Rozee knee and corkie - not confirmed but maybe 1-2. They are gunna pay for this game.
Farking idjits. We've just made it much easier for Carlscum to beat up on them next week.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Interesting who was used on the wing with KMac out and Caddy dropped
Ross played first half in mid and 2nd on wing
Martyn had a few goes on wing but then spent much of his on-field time forward. No midfield time.
Nanks competed every centre bounce after half time
Why did we use Bolton so little in mid in the first half? Same as last week.
Short's goal from handball from Dusty was when he played a short stint on the wing. If we could cover him in the backline I reckon he'd make a great wingman

Centre Bounce & Kickout Stats

RuckNanks 22, Balta 2, Astbury 2
MidfieldCotch 20, Dusty 19, Edwards 19, Bolton 9, Ross 6, Graham 3
WingPickett 20, Ross 12, Baker 4, Martyn 4, Edwards 4, Short 3, Aarts 1, ? 3
KickoutsShort 6, Balta 4, Houli 1, Broad 1

RuckMidMidMidWingWingKickouts
Q1
NanksCotchDustyRossEdwardsPickettShort
NanksCotchDustyEdwardsRossPickettBalta
NanksCotchDustyEdwardsMartynPickett
BaltaCotchDustyRossEdwardsPickett
BaltaDustyGrahamRossMartyn?
NanksDustyEdwardsRossEdwardsShort
NanksCotchDustyEdwardsShort?
Q2
NanksCotchDustyEdwardsMartynPickettShort
NanksDustyEdwardsBolton?PickettShort
NanksDustyEdwardsRossMartynPickettShort
AstburyCotchDustyRossEdwardsPickettHouli
AstburyCotchDustyEdwardsRossPickettBroad
NanksCotchEdwardsGrahamMartynShortBalta
Q3
NanksCotchDustyEdwardsRossPickettShort
NanksCotchDustyEdwardsBakerPickettShort
NanksDustyEdwardsBoltonBakerPickett
NanksCotchEdwardsBoltonBakerRoss
NanksCotchEdwardsBoltonRossPickett
Q4
NanksCotchEdwardsGrahamRossPickett
NanksDustyEdwardsBoltonRossPickett
NanksCotchDustyBoltonRossBaker
NanksCotchEdwardsBoltonAartsPickett

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Fantasia was hobbling for a lot of the game, too. Really worth damaging your list for a Rd 4 win.

Reactions: 1 user

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
It's probably been mentioned but the most important outcome of the game was that Jones is a "cult figure"

(For sporting a mullet and moustache which a sizeable minority of players, and young men generally favour)

SpaceAce

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2007
Come on mate, think about what you're doing here after a Richmond loss that had nothing to do with Geelong.

Please remind me, did this catman dude come here on the 24th October 2020 after we demolished his redneck club in a GF?
Or does he only come here to stir up sh!t when we lose?
Rhetorical question me thinks

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Short's goal from handball from Dusty was when he played a short stint on the wing. If we could cover him in the backline I reckon he'd make a great wingman
I'm all for giving it a try. It'd be great to have Shorty with grass in front of him delivering inside 50. But wingers are involved in a lot of critical contests. I suspect he'd be found out.

Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I don’t mind big Charles , not a bad bloke, not the most talented but plays like you want your monster forward to play like.
Disagree here, when it matters he plays extremely small, almost invisible. He was woeful on Fri night. For a bog man he disappears when the pressure is on.

There's some on PRE who say Nic Nat is overrated, wonder how they rate Dixon?

Reactions: 3 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Disagree here, when it matters he plays extremely small, almost invisible. He was woeful on Fri night. For a bog man he disappears when the pressure is on.

Yep I see him diffferent MDJ, like I say not the most talented but imho he’s always bustin his balls an crashing packs, though I’ll agree he dosent get it a lot , I’m definitely one who thinks Nic Nats the most overrated , last nights game was a great example, he was having zero influence, did one great tap out and all of a sudden the commentators are going off about how good and the replay after replay

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Please remind me, did this catman dude come here on the 24th October 2020 after we demolished his redneck club in a GF?
Or does he only come here to stir up sh!t when we lose?
Rhetorical question me thinks
Dunno. Haven’t had a problem with him or BluesBloke before, although he once claimed Lambert was a very ordinary player.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Dunno. Haven’t had a problem with him or BluesBloke before, although he once claimed Lambert was a very ordinary player.
Usually both pretty good.

Catman is allowed to hate us right now I'll afford him that, and Blues bloke also was a good level headed footy fan.

Its not personal that we are slagging off his club.

Take out Scott and his sooking and Selwood and Hawkins cheating and sniping and Dangerflogs peacocking, Miers flopping and and we can tolerate them again like we used to.

I actually really respected the Cats and loved watching them during that 6-7 year period (which we started them on at the dome).

I was as happy as could be for them when they took down the Figgys in the 2011 GF.... that was a great day.

Somehow following the retirements of their champs Geelong suddenly became the AFLs biggest sooks, led by their coach, it only coincided with the Tigers new found dominance at the home of AFL footy it had never been an issue for anyone before even with the Hawks, and Magpies being MCG tennants during their dominant periods and the Cats having no issues playing at the G when they were winning, and making the Tigers have to play at their ground forever with next to no fans allowed in for a soft kill.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Great speech from Neville Roberts for Mansell. Even Dunc or The Glove spoke well for Martyn but looks funny with that little bit of grey hair. He still looks like he can play nowadays.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Even Scott seemed to mellow after our last flag. We’ve erased 30 years of Geelong destruction with three finals wins. They’re mortal again and just another rival club.

Reactions: 2 users

rensman

interpreter to the stars...
May 6, 2004
North Eastern Victoria
Grea
Usually both pretty good.

Catman is allowed to hate us right now I'll afford him that, and Blues bloke also was a good level headed footy fan.

Its not personal that we are slagging off his club.

Take out Scott and his sooking and Selwood and Hawkins cheating and sniping and Dangerflogs peacocking, Miers flopping and and we can tolerate them again like we used to.

I actually really respected the Cats and loved watching them during that 6-7 year period (which we started them on at the dome).

I was as happy as could be for them when they took down the Figgys in the 2011 GF.... that was a great day.

Somehow following the retirements of their champs Geelong suddenly became the AFLs biggest sooks, led by their coach, it only coincided with the Tigers new found dominance at the home of AFL footy it had never been an issue for anyone before even with the Hawks, and Magpies being MCG tennants during their dominant periods and the Cats having no issues playing at the G when they were winning, and making the Tigers have to play at their ground forever with next to no fans allowed in for a soft kill.
great post explaining the justified hate for these clowns

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003

Yep. Fair bit of Tupperware about the big Charlie Dicks on. Loves being big n ruff n tuff, but he's just not that good a footballer.

mainlandy

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2004
Mont Albert
Just with the frustration of having to play Port in Adelaide something like twenty two times, to our eleven here, where I think five have been at the dome, just noticed Marvel tenant Carlton are playing the Port ferals at the MCG next round, how does that work? The AFL are really rubbing it in here.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Just with the frustration of having to play Port in Adelaide something like twenty two times, to our eleven here, where I think five have been at the dome, just noticed Marvel tenant Carlton are playing the Port ferals at the MCG next round, how does that work? The AFL are really rubbing it in here.

I’m not sure RFC wants the home fixture as it doesn’t draw much gate