GAME DAY THREAD - TIGES V POWER | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY THREAD - TIGES V POWER

Feb 25, 2007
It's game day folks.

We may have lost Prestia and Macintosh to injury, but I am more than happy with our ins.
First off, it's great to have Houli back in.

Congrats to the 2 new debutants in Martyn and Mansell and the hard-working Ross returns, we've injected three 20-year-olds into the team.

Tiges have won 3 from their past 4 encounters against the power, we may be undermanned but this isn't the first time we have travelled to AO with key personnel out.

Tigers by 9 pts

Reactions: 5 users

Cotchin_4_brownlow

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 25, 2009
Hoping the youngsters rejuvenate the team. Need more from our midfield, hoping the backline won't leak as many goals this week and better delivery to our forwards. Our forwards need to work harder to present and also tackle/pressure when they told have the ball.

Reactions: 1 users

Birdman19

Plodder
Apr 16, 2009
We seemed so flat last week and our disposals were appalling, even Shorty was missing targets. Looking for a full reset this week and a red, hot go against Port for the Jay Schulz/ Mattt White/ Troy Chaplin Cup

Reactions: 3 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
We are gonna get absolutely reamed by the umpires tonight. You just know-sense it. I sensed it last night before the Arsendon game and I've got it again tonight.

Wish you could get a +10 free kick differential market to bet on somewhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
They're a good team...... but we're a *smile* great team..... time to deliver after last week!

Reactions: 1 user

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
If we lose I wont be devastated. All I want is a competitive showing. If we win watch out! Will send a message to the competition.

Reactions: 3 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
If anyones at home, prelim final has just started on Fox Footy

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I'll be stoked if we can get up tonight,

but i suspect Port will win.

and it will become part of another rich premiership tapestry

Reactions: 4 users

backpocketplumber

Tiger Rookie
May 19, 2014
Looking forward to a competitive outing. In a season of upsets we’re a chance. Please no injuries to any of our fellas. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Cotchin as a late out. Eat em alive!

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Nah, our legs will still be heavy and we don't have our mojo yet. Port by quite a bit.

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
All I want is to see youngster give it a go and we fight it out... don't expect a win but it will be most welcomed.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Hardwick might use this week to try a few different set ups.

It is basically a free hit. If we are 2 and 2 not the end of the world

Reactions: 6 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

we'll be looking at a man on man defensive mode I'd say after swans pretty simple offensive spread strategy.

should be a pretty easy adaptation.

we showed last years final series that we can go from 18th in the competition for centre clearances to 1st in a fortnight.

we've got gears, and dimma knows how to use 'em.

Reactions: 2 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
no expectation tonight. hope the debuts get stuck in and others lift to make it competitive. think we will see something slightly different tonight, a bit of experimenting.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
It feels like Dimma agrees with you on the free hit, TP. I love the attitude. We know it's Port's 'revenge' match, we've seen this before. So, what do we do? We *smile* with their heads by picking two debutantes. "Oh, it's your gRanD fINal, is it? That's cute, we call it Round 4."

In 2019 we had Ross on debut and Stack in his second game, and no Dusty, Jack, Cotch, Rance, Houli or Short (shut up).

Harry might be right and we still have heavy legs. If not, we might surprise a few. Poort's big-bodied midfield, isn't. Wines, yeah. But no Rockliff, Powder-Puffer and Ebert retired. Willem Drew for lol's sake.

It's their small forwards who will hurt us.

Reactions: 4 users

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!

Spot on. Not sure why the media is banging on about ‘huge ramifications’ for the loser etc etc. I don’t think we would be too worried at all at this stage of the year.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Spot on. Not sure why the media is banging on about ‘huge ramifications’ for the loser etc etc. I don’t think we would be too worried at all at this stage of the year.

Agree, even if we are 5-5 after Round 10 I don't see us being too concerned.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Agree, even if we are 5-5 after Round 10 I don't see us being too concerned.
5-5 would mean we'd probably only be able to afford to lose 1 of the last 12 to make top 4, posh. We've never been 5-5 in this premiership era (we were 5-4 in 2017). The next 5 games are tough (Port at AO, Saints at the dump, Melbourne with their tails up, Dogs flying, and Cats) but if we win 3 we'll be 5-3 with a home game against the Giants before a trip to Brisbane. I expect we'll be 6-4 or 7-3.