Game day thread v Poos and Wees | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game day thread v Poos and Wees

Dev Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2014
It was good to bank the win. Somehow we need to get greater running power into the team. We probably don't have it on the list though at the moment.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Well it was 6-0 10 minutes into the game. Hawks were tracking for a 72 for free kick game.
In these large free kick diffs, we always get that purple patch of frees against from these pricks. This time early in the game rather than later.

Reactions: 1 users

WildStyle

Tiger Superstar
Aug 24, 2020
For how good Lynch is going there were a few times that we blazed away from 50 instead of kicking to him one out.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
When they got to within 10 points I thought it might be the opposite of our last game last year - they steal the points.

We are now 5 wins and 4 losses and in the 8 and we are playing better but very inconsistent footy and at times very poor footy. we are nowhere near our best. I don’t think we have clicked yet as a team and I don’t think we have found our best 22 by a long shot.

Lynch, Bolton and Rioli are doing enough at the moment so it will be interesting to see who steps up in the back half of the year and which young players can give us more pace and energy that we need.

Its good to win these games - if we can’t beat teams like the pies, dorks and bummers, then we don’t play finals - simple.

Reactions: 8 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Save for 2 or 3 individual performances, the overall team performance was very average.

These off and on levels of intensity are gonna bring us undone against better sides. Distinct lack of speed and run in the side too.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Take HALF A DAY to decide our frees you pricks!
It's noticeable, isn't it? Have noticed it several times. Almost have to really deliberate before begrudgingly awarding us a free, after the play has even moved on. Is it someone in their earpiece saying, "Aah, mate, you probably have to pay them that one .... regrettably."

Reactions: 4 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
I can tell that is photo shopped...... He has the ball in hand!
It was the end of the game, he was supposed to give it to a supporter.
He wasn’t confident he could hand it to any of the 45,000 Richmond supporters in attendance.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Playing his role according to Dimma. I have no idea in watching the games what that role is.
Spends a Q or 2 working on his tatts over the boundary somewhere. has his tatt-gun plugged in on a long extension, ready to go, sneaks off, no-one even misses him.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
It was the end of the game, he was supposed to give it to a supporter.
He wasn’t confident he could hand it to any of the 45,000 Richmond supporters in attendance.
True story: he gave his after-match footy to my 6y/o nephew. Unconfirmed: he was aiming for my 9y/o nephew.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Can we stop fumbling!!!
Yes, this bothers me too. Several of our players, including some big flag heroes unfortunately, struggling to bend down to pick up the ball at all, let alone cleanly. Clear sign of age and weary bodies?

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Yes, this bothers me too. Several of our players, including some big flag heroes unfortunately, struggling to bend down to pick up the ball at all, let alone cleanly. Clear sign of age and weary bodies?
No other team does it but us. Makes you wonder how we train.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
At our peak, we’d have still won by 23pts in a similar fashion but it would have been something like 60-83.

We’re conceding too many points.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
sheds could be the best 35yo sub the game has ever seen.

Bakes needs a spell.

Gil and the Maggot have ruined our game