Game Day - Tigers v Blues | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Tigers v Blues

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Feels like just last weekend it was finals …..bulllllllll *smile* , what a bloody long off/pre season

Go Tiges.

surprised we are favourites for this game , Blues match up real well on us , Cripps kills us, Weitering has the wood on Lynch and thier big lads up forward seem to get better each time against us

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

BluesBloke

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2012
It's not the rusted-on Richmond supporters that irk me, nor why I'd love my club to put the Tigers to the sword tonight.

In fact it was admirable how many Richmond supporters turned up year after year without fail when there wasn't much to cheer about, forked out for memberships, merchandise, you name it. Removing any passion for the rivalry for the moment, those were the ones that truly deserved the success in recent years, after sticking around no matter what.

Then, there are others.

I've got a neighbour, the neighbour from hell. A dead-set c*** of a bloke (there are many, many valid reasons) and a general waste of space. He never followed footy - he declared it to me years ago. He'd be in his early 60s.

Suddenly, Richmond wins the 2020 premiership - a third in four seasons. He grabs all the Herald Sun posters and plasters them all over his front windows. Puts the premiership sticker on his little car. He sticks one on his 90+ year-old father's car that he's basically done him out of, among other things, likely bleeding him dry under the guise of playing carer, after sitting on his arse with no job for the best part of 15 years. I hear it all - he treats his elderly father like dirt, but that's another issue.

These days he gets around in a Richmond cap like he's Mr. Richmond. It's pathetic. Is there a worse type of supporter than that?

You could understand it for a young child (maybe), but an adult, or an older bloke, jumping on the wave of a premiership dynasty. F*** that, and f*** that c***.

A pathetic individual who'll be parading around Friday if the Tigers win. I don't mind it from the loyal folk. But as for him, go and get totally f***ed you fraud.

Get it done Blues, if only for this c***.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

TigerPaul71

Tiger Cub
May 24, 2013
It's not the rusted-on Richmond supporters that irk me, nor why I'd love my club to put the Tigers to the sword tonight.

In fact it was admirable how many Richmond supporters turned up year after year without fail when there wasn't much to cheer about, forked out for memberships, merchandise, you name it. Removing any passion for the rivalry for the moment, those were the ones that truly deserved the success in recent years, after sticking around no matter what.

Then, there are others.

I've got a neighbour, the neighbour from hell. A dead-set c*** of a bloke (there are many, many valid reasons) and a general waste of space. He never followed footy - he declared it to me years ago. He'd be in his early 60s.

Suddenly, Richmond wins the 2020 premiership - a third in four seasons. He grabs all the Herald Sun posters and plasters them all over his front windows. Puts the premiership sticker on his little car. He sticks one on his 90+ year-old father's car that he's basically done him out of, among other things, likely bleeding him dry under the guise of playing carer, after sitting on his arse with no job for the best part of 15 years. I hear it all - he treats his elderly father like dirt, but that's another issue.

These days he gets around in a Richmond cap like he's Mr. Richmond. It's pathetic. Is there a worse type of supporter than that?

You could understand it for a young child (maybe), but an adult, or an older bloke, jumping on the wave of a premiership dynasty. F*** that, and f*** that c***.

A pathetic individual who'll be parading around Friday if the Tigers win. I don't mind it from the loyal folk. But as for him, go and get totally f***ed you fraud.

would say the same!!
Hoping our boy's get it done 20 points

Reactions: 2 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Worried about selections, recent injuries and underdone players going into the game but we should still be good enough to get this done.

5 goal win, but will gladly accept a muddling 1 point win if it comes without any more #### injuries.

Reactions: 4 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Hope we win but really I'm just happy the footy is back.
Yeah it’s good. Season of Redford 2023 officially starts tonight. AFL, VFL, MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL, EPL, PGA Tour and the golf majors (Augusta soon), F1, tennis majors, Supercars, Storm…good grief. Too much isn’t enough !

Spewing I can’t go tonight. Hip surgery on Tuesday. Can’t catch Covid otherwise they postpone for 8 weeks.

Was really looking forward to a few beers and a chicken schnitzel burger. Geez.

Last edited:

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Yeah, good to have footy back. Our last game where we got shafted by the ARC review feels like forever ago.

Tigers by 20 points.

Reactions: 1 user

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Feels like just last weekend it was finals …..bulllllllll *smile* , what a bloody long off/pre season

Go Tiges.

surprised we are favourites for this game , Blues match up real well on us , Cripps kills us, Weitering has the wood on Lynch and thier big lads up forward seem to get better each time against us
Your name maybe should not be Mr. Brightside, but you do make some valid points.
Your comments, however, relate to last year not 2023.
We are a different animal this time around.

Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Yeah it’s good. Season of Redford 2023 officially starts tonight. AFL, VFL, MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL, EPL, PGA Tour and the golf majors (Augusta soon), F1, tennis majors, Supercars, Storm…good grief. Too much isn’t enough !

Spewing I can’t go tonight. Hip surgery on Tuesday. Can’t catch Covid otherwise they postpone for 8 weeks.

Best of luck with the surgery Redders.(y)

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004

Good luck with the op on Tuesday Redders.
Hope it goes well for you.
If we win tonight you will be happy at least on that front.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004

Then, there are others.

If your neighbour reads this then you may get a brick through your window.
BTW, why do you bother to post on this site instead of the one for Carlton, if there is one?

Reactions: 1 user

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018

Then, there are others.

Sounds like you need to move out of Carlton

• Haha
  • Love

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
This Blues side really isn’t that good I don’t think. Walsh out. Few big names but tails off pretty quickly after that.

If the umpires don’t interfere and smash our backline, 5 goal win to those lovable Tigers.

(Heh heh heh… I said IF the umpires don’t interfere. That was funny.)

Last edited:
  • Haha

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003

Then, there are others.

Trust me, it wouldn't bother you if Carlton had've had some success in the last, almost 30 years:p

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Got the traditional new season nerves. I tend to get them even more nowadays when the expectations are much higher. But I’m quite confident going into tonight. I haven’t seen any statistical analysis of the teams, but I feel we have a much more experience. With so much unknowns going into R1, I think that can give you an edge.

I know this is a bit of a captain obvious statement, but they key to the game is limiting their supply going forward. We are in trouble if we give them space in the midfield. Our backline looks a little light and its gonna be a fast track tonight.

The other issue is the maggots of course. 4 umpires frightens the hell out of me. And they are always trigger fingers early in the season.

BluesBloke

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2012
Trust me, it wouldn't bother you if Carlton had've had some success in the last, almost 30 years:p
It probably wouldn't, but I guess that's part of the gripe. Turn up week after week, buy memberships, make donations, pull your hair out but continue to stick fat ... then there are grown adults that jump on the winner.

Reactions: 1 users

BluesBloke

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2012
If your neighbour reads this then you may get a brick through your window.
BTW, why do you bother to post on this site instead of the one for Carlton, if there is one?
I've been on here 11 years, it's nothing new. I'm sure I've answered that question a thousand times over already. :LOL:

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Carlton's forward should have a day out. But you can't count out our forwards.
Its a pity a dynamic forward like Cumberland isn't playing.
They have brought in Curnow on the back of what happened in round 1 last year. Stop or injure Prestia your chances increase dramatically.
Interesting to see they don't rate Nakas and have selected a light post to take him on tonight.

Us by 11