There is one more left in this group. They know it and are pushing hard for it.That game had every emotion. Certain times I felt like it was the end of the era. But then a ten minute burst that no other team can match. And there’s green shoots for the future. But I worry about the older bodies holding up.
Dion again, Grimes was hurting, Cotch I just get nervous about, Caddy looks slow, Houli looks a second off.
We are grinding. Its pride and muscle memory.
Tht decision will be talked about a lot but Essendon had control of the footy anyway from that contest.To be fair to Bombers supporters, if that non-call on the holding the ball with Aarts was the other way, I would have had to go into witness protection.
Ess are not a poor team. They are not premiership material but they have an array of classy runners and heaps of enthusiasm. Rutten is slowly executing a gameplan. You can see it. Stil have some holes to fill especially down back. Will trouble a few sides this year. Having said that, we are not at our best. We had them at arms length all night, then they came very hard. We had to steady, did that, and brushed them aside. It was pretty awesome I thought.
Endorse every single point you made. Except I will hold back on whether CJ will be star but he did play very well. Will wait a little longer.What I learnt tonight
- the Pickett in the ruck has lost its sheen - no longer works
- loved Chols game but he cant ruck a whole game yet - will be a great backup when Nank returns
- we missed grunt and some run in the back half - missed young Mansell to be honest
- Aarts is easily best 22 by a stretch
- CCJ will be a star - was able to influence scores even when double teamed, another 2 goal game excellent
- RCD perhaps needs a rest, seemed to struggle on the heavy ground, hands his spot to Lambert next week
- Balta back to his best - one of our best defenders at times tonight, provides great run for a big man
- we are still getting sliced open at times though the middle - something not clicking at the moment
- 7 goals in a row - its been a long time between drinks since we did that in half a quarter.
- 4 pts is 4 pts but this felt like more.