Ess are not a poor team. They are not premiership material but they have an array of classy runners and heaps of enthusiasm. Rutten is slowly executing a gameplan. You can see it. Stil have some holes to fill especially down back. Will trouble a few sides this year. Having said that, we are not at our best. We had them at arms length all night, then they came very hard. We had to steady, did that, and brushed them aside. It was pretty awesome I thought.
Endorse every single point you made. Except I will hold back on whether CJ will be star but he did play very well. Will wait a little longer.What I learnt tonight
- the Pickett in the ruck has lost its sheen - no longer works
- loved Chols game but he cant ruck a whole game yet - will be a great backup when Nank returns
- we missed grunt and some run in the back half - missed young Mansell to be honest
- Aarts is easily best 22 by a stretch
- CCJ will be a star - was able to influence scores even when double teamed, another 2 goal game excellent
- RCD perhaps needs a rest, seemed to struggle on the heavy ground, hands his spot to Lambert next week
- Balta back to his best - one of our best defenders at times tonight, provides great run for a big man
- we are still getting sliced open at times though the middle - something not clicking at the moment
- 7 goals in a row - its been a long time between drinks since we did that in half a quarter.
- 4 pts is 4 pts but this felt like more.
Jack why don't you run a continuous feed through the gane to enlighten all punt road Enders n real time? That would have 100 times more credibility than post match critique of others posts.Watched the match on delay this evening hence my absence from the forum and was NOT impressed with many aspects of tonights game to say the least, but am now about to go back to read the posts in here especially during that last Q,........ this is sure to provide my weekends comedy relief no doubt ! (far less stressful on the Ol' Ticker too, as this place would have been ready to explode after that start in the 4th by the Lad's... )
It was inexplicable. They paid them in this afternoon's game, they started out paying them in this game. Then nothing.To be fair to Bombers supporters, if that non-call on the holding the ball with Aarts was the other way, I would have had to go into witness protection.
OK, something we can agree on at least ! Well he's not the worst going around though, but to let an outside-meekly-timid type get 43+ possies is inexcusable, he's the type that is unsighted when there's a player willing to stick tight to him all game.Parish absolutely killing us. That spud
Would never have to be concerned with ever being tagged as a "Homer" the Ol' Richo...............he's terrible to listen too when doing Richmond games (to be honest, not a fan of his at commentating any game actually) but will always love him as a Tiger Immortal.They kick a goal Richo falls over himself to praise it, we do it, it’s crickets or he down plays it. It’s weird.