GAME DAY Tigers V Bombers Dreamtime | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY Tigers V Bombers Dreamtime

jackfrost

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
No I’ve got the platinum package Jack; the works which includes every Foxtel HD channel. It’s just that not all of the FTA channels are available on Foxtel. For example I get regular 7 channel and 7 mate but not 7HD. I’ll have a look at my settings and see if I need to do an update. It’s not really a big deal as I can flick back to the antenna if I want to watch a FTA channel on HD. I’ve only noticed it because I record The Front Bar through Foxtel IQ4 box and I can only get it on the 7 SD channel. The picture is woeful.
Yep, Premium is what I also have ........ so the regualr 7 is 107 ? Yep, definetely do a scan, somethings NOT RIGHT that you don't have 207.

So you dont get ANY of the Network HD channels Riddles ? (202, 207, 209 and 210)

Could it have something to do with geographics maybe ? I know my Brother lived at Cranbourne way and something to do with having Foxtel CABLE compared to Foxtel Satelite meant getting different channels, never did understand what that was all about !

I'd for sure get into the setttings though, you should be getting those 200 HD Network Channels

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I started thinking, geez maybe I was wrong, is the ol' eyesight starting to play tricks on me, but seriously now I know you're just taking the p!ss. I've watched the first 3 quarters (don't have time to watch the last atm) and I'm even more impressed by Pickett's game. What really stood out how hard he run up and down the ground all the way into the D50 and F50. Then to have to ruck AND play on the wing. Hurculean effort when you think about it. And his defensive play created turnovers and goals. Not to mention a lot of his disposal was under immense pressure, he had 11 contested possessions, the most for the team.

Your comments regarding his disposal are just so far away from what actually happened. Here's what I saw with time to go as a reference point. People can make their own judgement if they want to check but it looks like bias to me. There were certainly a lot of missed targets all night. Cotchin, Edwards, Baker, Graham. Dusty, Balta, Houli, Prestia, Baker, Castagna, saw them all miss targets or hit the opposition player at times. There was a lot of it in the match but I just don't understand singling out Pickett especially since it didn't really happen much at all. Remember you were the one who said he butchered the ball a lot and was very ordinary.

Disposal efficiency first 3 quarters; Kicks 66%, Handballs 89%, Total 83%

WhenKick/HBEfficient?Notes
Q1 17:57Beautiful tackle on McGrath - rendered him finished for the night
Q1 10:48Won tough contested ball, tapped onto Balta
Q1 8:47Lucky to not give a free away after Bomber mark
Q1 7:55KickYMark on 50, short pass to Reiwoldt for shot at goal
Q1 5:31HandballYGreat tackle & then handball under pressure to Chol who dropped it
Q1 4:48Ricochets of boot to Baker in D50
Q1 2:18HandballYD50 receives from Chol perfect handball to Prestia
Q1 1:54HandballNF50 handball to opposition under immense pressure
Q2 13:30HandballYGreat front a centre, handballed as being takled over top in front of Martin to run onto
Q2 11:14Centre bounce tackle & turnover to our advantage and again (twice)
Q2 8:36F50 beautiful tackle - created Caddy's goal
Q2 6:32HandballYD50 won contested ball - perfect handdball backwards to Balta
Q2 6:13KickND50 rushed his kick & turned it over
Q3 15:10KickYPerfect long kick to Chol after picking up off the ground
Q3 13:56HandballYD50, positioned himself in between 2 Bombers in marking contest to effect spoil, then under immense pressure beautiful handball to Edwards
Q3 11:31HandballYWins ground ball, handball in front of Bolton, not perfect but effective
Q3 10:57HandballYTapped out to him from ball up, handballs forward under immense pressure to Chol's advantage
Q3 9:19Pressured player Perkins to cause turnover
Q3 8:15D15, great hit out to Edwards from ball up
Q3 6:31HandballYFlew for mark against 2, won ball, perfect handball to Houli under pressure, Houli turns over his kick
Please. You have conveniently omitted each and every time the ball missed a Richmond player and hit the ground adding in all this subjective non disposal related junk about the rest of his game like “flew for this” and “contested that” and “ran up and down the ground” as well. Who cares. That’s standard football situations and for every player. Every missed target was “under pressure” or “to someone’s advantage” even if it missed them by a mile. Or if it was executed properly it was done so “perfectly” or “beautifully.”

You made the statement his disposal wasn’t as bad as I said. All you’ve done is conflate to other parts of his game throwing in a heap of non disposal items and even resorting to the reference of other players. Again who cares, we’re talking about Pickett and his disposal.

Since when is a tackle a disposal ? Since when is vaguely pressuring a player a disposal ? And furthermore, if you were gonna throw in those non disposal related items into your table why didn’t you also have the honesty to include the two frees he gave away ? Think I know who’s taking the *smile* and resorting to bias....

Otherwise, his hit target rate was 47% (adjusted up for a handball hit I re classified). And that’s the facts. Not emotive non related rhetoric. He was a fortunate rub of the green night away from having another Brisbane horror where he missed everything in sight that night as well and ended up with an efficiency of 40% simply because it didn’t sit up for his team mates like it did last night. Last night masked his true effectiveness.

And yes you better get your eyes checked because besides giving the tick to a bunch of disposals that missed their target and were lucky to get the rub of the green, you couldn’t get the recipients right either e.g. 3rd quarter with 6.31 to go it’s a handball to Aarts not Houli.

Last edited:

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Watched the replay and took more notice of the commentary. God Richo - was barracking for the bombers IMO. Needs to get over this not being bias stuff. Very bad. Seemed all our marks (CCJ) were touched and free kicks not paid to Bombers (Grimes) were the difference. Oh well - winners are grinners i guess.
he does this all the time and its super annoying.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Yep, Premium is what I also have ........ so the regualr 7 is 107 ? Yep, definetely do a scan, somethings NOT RIGHT that you don't have 207.

So you dont get ANY of the Network HD channels Riddles ? (202, 207, 209 and 210)

Could it have something to do with geographics maybe ? I know my Brother lived at Cranbourne way and something to do with having Foxtel CABLE compared to Foxtel Satelite meant getting different channels, never did understand what that was all about !

I'd for sure get into the setttings though, you should be getting those 200 HD Network Channels
Yeah I had a look and the FTA HD channels don’t seem to be available through Foxtel. I recall now it does have something to do with cable v satellite. I’ve got a satellite dish and I believe they can’t put as many channels through this as they can put through a cable. I got Foxtel about 6 years ago and couldn’t get cable because the cable point was outside my neighbour’s property and the Foxtel tech said he couldn’t run the cable across his property. When I pointed out that was a ridiculous as there was already a phone cable running across the same spot he didn’t care. So I had to get a satellite dish.

Apparently all new Foxtel connections are satellite now as the NBN company now owns all the cable. All existing cable connections will eventually be swapped to satellite.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Really surprised how pro Essendon the crowd was, thought it would have been the other way around
Nah I’m not surprised. I read somewhere Essendon has a big following in Perth; probably it’s biggest support base outside of Victoria. Sheedy did a power of work growing the Essendon brand nationally in the 80s.

I reckon we have arguably the biggest supporter base in Victoria but we’re probably behind Bombers and Scumwood nationally.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Yeah I had a look and the FTA HD channels don’t seem to be available through Foxtel. I recall now it does have something to do with cable v satellite. I’ve got a satellite dish and I believe they can’t put as many channels through this as they can put through a cable. I got Foxtel about 6 years ago and couldn’t get cable because the cable point was outside my neighbour’s property and the Foxtel tech said he couldn’t run the cable across his property. When I pointed out that was a ridiculous as there was already a phone cable running across the same spot he didn’t care. So I had to get a satellite dish.

Apparently all new Foxtel connections are satellite now as the NBN company now owns all the cable. All existing cable connections will eventually be swapped to satellite.
Likewise we have a satellite dish and can only get channel 2 and SBS. Does not worry us too much as we have a set top box to get the FTA channels if we wish.
Never really watch channel 2 or SBS anyway.

berwick boy

Tiger Superstar
Apr 27, 2004
Getting a little to cutsey with kicks occasionally and not doing the 1%ers as well, plus there has to be some complacency after the run we've been on the last 4 years you'd have to think.

Our continuance of handballing to team mates in worse postions is wearing very very thin on me and if I see Shorty or Bachar take a kickout from a point again and kick the ball a foot outside the Square, I'll deadset Spew Up. Why is it that every other team takes the 40 yd advantage (without a single bounce most times) these new rules have allowed, yet we tend to want to take 4 kicks of 14 yds to get the same distance ?............. infuriating stuff ! :mad:
100% agree...does my head in.

Reactions: 1 users
Feb 25, 2007
Really surprised how pro Essendon the crowd was, thought it would have been the other way around

It would've been the other way around if it was just tiger supporters and bombers supporters but It wasn't, it was bombers, eagles and Freo supporters barracking agsinst us. Surely people know that the majority at the ground were neutrals, No way eagles would support us as they needed us to lose plus we are the champs, they all love the underdog and wanted to see an upset.

But ill tell you in the last qtr when Bolton kicked those 2 goals, it was damn loud, as loud as any of the bombers goals.

Reactions: 7 users
Feb 25, 2007
Nah I’m not surprised. I read somewhere Essendon has a big following in Perth; probably it’s biggest support base outside of Victoria. Sheedy did a power of work growing the Essendon brand nationally in the 80s.

I reckon we have arguably the biggest supporter base in Victoria but we’re probably behind Bombers and Scumwood nationally.

We have 3,600 members in Perth, Ess have 3K.
We have 3.5K in QLD, Ess have 2K

I agree in Vic we are the biggest, nationally who really knows.

Last night the bombers were the home team but geez the extra support they had was due to all the nuetrals jumping on board, it was ess, eagles and freo as one, barracking against Richmond.

A poster from BF said this;

I went to this match last night.
My first since 2017 when we belted the Dockers on our way to premiership glory.
About half the crowd were Tigers and Bummers fans, and a lot of the neutrals were going for Essendon.
I got a question. Do all oppo supporters at games hate Dusty with great passion?
The salt last night in the crowd from Essendon flogs was delicious!!

2020 QLD membership figures for the 8 finals teams.

AFL QLD MEMBERSHIP 2 .jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I got a question. Do all oppo supporters at games hate Dusty with great passion?
You could hear the extra noise on TV when he was tackled, calling for holding the ball. (At one stage they had a case as Dusty was spun 720 before disposing.)

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
From what I saw at Optus, there were more Tigers supporters there than Bombers. Media beat-up for mine that the Bombers had more support, even amongst the neutrals.

Some observations (FWIW):

1. Wanted to buy my daughter a nice memento of her first Tigers game. Got a footy record, nothing else. No Tiger merchandise available. Bloke at the merchandise shop (neutral, large corporate with no affiliation to either side) told me that the short lead up to the game basically stopped them getting in enough gear for either team. But, I still could have got a Bombers Dreamtime jumper at the ground, and plenty of hats, scarves and normal jumpers. Nothin Tigers except for about 5 caps. Bloke at the merchandise shop said they basically sold out of Tigers gear an hour before the game started despite sourcing more gear locally as the Tigers are the reigning premiers and the AFL shops had more Tigers gear available.

2. There were heaps more kids wearing Tigers gear at the game than young Bombers. Heaps, like about 4 to 1. The Bomber crowd tended to be much older. Lots more families of Tigers supporters as well. Bombers fans tended to be in small groups of adults.

3. The loudest single roar of the night was when the Bombers hit the front in the last qtr. Fair enough too as it made for a great finish, but I reckon 40% of that noise was Tigers fans going spastic that we had coughed up a match winning lead.

4. Bombers fans tended to jeer our players when they made a mistake. There was one bit of play that I remember clearly, where Cotch missed a target 15m away and turned the ball over. The Essendon fans went right off about it like they had just won a flag. The Tigers fans on the other hand waited expectantly when the Bombers turned it over and didn't cheer until we scored from the turnover. Given that we scored over 100 points on the night from Bombers turnovers, we sort of all got used to be refrained until we had something to really cheer about.

Reactions: 15 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
From what I saw at Optus, there were more Tigers supporters there than Bombers. Media beat-up for mine that the Bombers had more support, even amongst the neutrals.

Some observations (FWIW):

1. Wanted to buy my daughter a nice memento of her first Tigers game. Got a footy record, nothing else. No Tiger merchandise available. Bloke at the merchandise shop (neutral, large corporate with no affiliation to either side) told me that the short lead up to the game basically stopped them getting in enough gear for either team. But, I still could have got a Bombers Dreamtime jumper at the ground, and plenty of hats, scarves and normal jumpers. Nothin Tigers except for about 5 caps. Bloke at the merchandise shop said they basically sold out of Tigers gear an hour before the game started despite sourcing more gear locally as the Tigers are the reigning premiers and the AFL shops had more Tigers gear available.

2. There were heaps more kids wearing Tigers gear at the game than young Bombers. Heaps, like about 4 to 1. The Bomber crowd tended to be much older. Lots more families of Tigers supporters as well. Bombers fans tended to be in small groups of adults.

3. The loudest single roar of the night was when the Bombers hit the front in the last qtr. Fair enough too as it made for a great finish, but I reckon 40% of that noise was Tigers fans going spastic that we had coughed up a match winning lead.

4. Bombers fans tended to jeer our players when they made a mistake. There was one bit of play that I remember clearly, where Cotch missed a target 15m away and turned the ball over. The Essendon fans went right off about it like they had just won a flag. The Tigers fans on the other hand waited expectantly when the Bombers turned it over and didn't cheer until we scored from the turnover. Given that we scored over 100 points on the night from Bombers turnovers, we sort of all got used to be refrained until we had something to really cheer about.
Great post, Streak, worth staying up late over here in Melbourne-town. I think that just about settles it conclusively. Tigers win - on and off the field!!!
:banana

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
We have 3,600 members in Perth, Ess have 3K.
We have 3.5K in QLD, Ess have 2K

I agree in Vic we are the biggest, nationally who really knows.

Last night the bombers were the home team but geez the extra support they had was due to all the nuetrals jumping on board, it was ess, eagles and freo as one, barracking against Richmond.

A poster from BF said this;

I went to this match last night.
My first since 2017 when we belted the Dockers on our way to premiership glory.
About half the crowd were Tigers and Bummers fans, and a lot of the neutrals were going for Essendon.

2020 QLD membership figures for the 8 finals teams.

View attachment 12535
Good info thanks Astute.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Im a bit puzzled by the last quarter, and Dimmas comments about it.

he said 'I didnt prepare them at 3/4 time for bombers surging in the last quarter'

players aren't so stupid and robotic that they cant work out a side 20 points down at 3/4 time, is gonna have a crack?

WTF?

I thought if Hardwick was going to admit some error, he'd have said

'I put Marlion Pickett into the ruck at a time when the opposition was surging and hit the front. probably the most critical juncture of the 100 minutes, I had a couple of 2 metre, 100kg blokes sitting around, and swung a 182/80 bloke into the most important position n the ground, at a time when that position is the most important'

what am I missing?

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Im a bit puzzled by the last quarter, and Dimmas comments about it.

he said 'I didnt prepare them at 3/4 time for bombers surging in the last quarter'

players aren't so stupid and robotic that they cant work out a side 20 points down at 3/4 time, is gonna have a crack?

WTF?

I thought if Hardwick was going to admit some error, he'd have said

'I put Marlion Pickett into the ruck at a time when the opposition was surging and hit the front. probably the most critical juncture of the 100 minutes, I had a couple of 2 metre, 100kg blokes sitting around, and swung a 182/80 bloke into the most important position n the ground, at a time when that position is the most important'

what am I missing?
Perhaps Dimma was doing it for his own amusement. Spoke to some pretty disillusioned bombers fans yesterday.

It was a bit like the tigers in the 00's. Big game against a contender, lots of heart and supporter build-up, only for the opposition to start taking the game seriously and blow us away.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users