GAME DAY Tigers V Bombers Dreamtime | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY Tigers V Bombers Dreamtime

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
That game had every emotion. Certain times I felt like it was the end of the era. But then a ten minute burst that no other team can match. And there’s green shoots for the future. But I worry about the older bodies holding up.

Dion again, Grimes was hurting, Cotch I just get nervous about, Caddy looks slow, Houli looks a second off.

We are grinding. Its pride and muscle memory.
There is one more left in this group. They know it and are pushing hard for it.

Reactions: 1 users

jackfrost

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
Watched the match on delay this evening hence my absence from the forum and was NOT impressed with many aspects of tonights game to say the least, but am now about to go back to read the posts in here especially during that last Q,........ this is sure to provide my weekends comedy relief no doubt ! (far less stressful on the Ol' Ticker too, as this place would have been ready to explode after that start in the 4th by the Lad's... :oops:)

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Turning point was Stringer's stupid OOB instead of lining up to seal the game.

• Haha

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
To be fair to Bombers supporters, if that non-call on the holding the ball with Aarts was the other way, I would have had to go into witness protection.
Tht decision will be talked about a lot but Essendon had control of the footy anyway from that contest.

On Fox Johnson lead with "how good were essendon".

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Ess are not a poor team. They are not premiership material but they have an array of classy runners and heaps of enthusiasm. Rutten is slowly executing a gameplan. You can see it. Stil have some holes to fill especially down back. Will trouble a few sides this year. Having said that, we are not at our best. We had them at arms length all night, then they came very hard. We had to steady, did that, and brushed them aside. It was pretty awesome I thought.

Reactions: 6 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Tht decision will be talked about a lot but Essendon had control of the footy anyway from that contest.

On Fox Johnson lead with "how good were essendon".
Yeah was probably called play on anyway.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
What I learnt tonight

- the Pickett in the ruck has lost its sheen - no longer works
- loved Chols game but he cant ruck a whole game yet - will be a great backup when Nank returns
- we missed grunt and some run in the back half - missed young Mansell to be honest
- Aarts is easily best 22 by a stretch
- CCJ will be a star - was able to influence scores even when double teamed, another 2 goal game excellent
- RCD perhaps needs a rest, seemed to struggle on the heavy ground, hands his spot to Lambert next week
- Balta back to his best - one of our best defenders at times tonight, provides great run for a big man
- we are still getting sliced open at times though the middle - something not clicking at the moment
- 7 goals in a row - its been a long time between drinks since we did that in half a quarter.

- 4 pts is 4 pts but this felt like more.

Reactions: 7 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Ess are not a poor team. They are not premiership material but they have an array of classy runners and heaps of enthusiasm. Rutten is slowly executing a gameplan. You can see it. Stil have some holes to fill especially down back. Will trouble a few sides this year. Having said that, we are not at our best. We had them at arms length all night, then they came very hard. We had to steady, did that, and brushed them aside. It was pretty awesome I thought.

Yep, and you can see Caracella's influence in spread and ball movement paying off now.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
What I learnt tonight

- the Pickett in the ruck has lost its sheen - no longer works
- loved Chols game but he cant ruck a whole game yet - will be a great backup when Nank returns
- we missed grunt and some run in the back half - missed young Mansell to be honest
- Aarts is easily best 22 by a stretch
- CCJ will be a star - was able to influence scores even when double teamed, another 2 goal game excellent
- RCD perhaps needs a rest, seemed to struggle on the heavy ground, hands his spot to Lambert next week
- Balta back to his best - one of our best defenders at times tonight, provides great run for a big man
- we are still getting sliced open at times though the middle - something not clicking at the moment
- 7 goals in a row - its been a long time between drinks since we did that in half a quarter.

- 4 pts is 4 pts but this felt like more.
Endorse every single point you made. Except I will hold back on whether CJ will be star but he did play very well. Will wait a little longer.